collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dolly Waiting Room #2- Who are You waiting for?  (Read 80304 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Dolly Waiting Room #2- Who are You waiting for?
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2019, 08:28:27 AM »
Well, I just bought a Tangkou doll. I've been aware of the existence of these dolls for years, but never really had any interest in them... and then, earlier this week, there came an auction, and for a reason unknown to me, I got totally obsessed :lookround: after looking up pictures, complying lists and reading reviews for days, I knew I'll have to bid. I am not happy with the price I paid (it's not a bad price for the doll, I'm just a little angry with myself because I am currently saving up for a J-doll, and if I don't deduct this money spent from the savings, that feels like cheating, but if I deduct, I fear the desired doll will sell before I can save up -_- ), so I'm really looking forward to see how I'll feel about her once she arrives. Right now I'm feeling neutral and excited at the same time, and I kinda only expected the latter.
I hope she charms you when she arrives!
Long overdue reply, but since I was about to post here I thought I'd also respond to this :) Especially because now, half a year later the story sounds so much better than back then.

No, she sadly did not charm me upon her arrival. Quite the opposite: her clothing was stained, her eye mechanism faulty (broken, as I found upon opening her up. None of these were mentioned in the listing), and her colouring was just not appealing to me IRL, especially her hair. Luckily I did get a partial refund for the stain and fault, but that did not really help. What did though, is when I realised her customisation possibilities. I ordered Blythe eyes for her, as I found her original eyes too yellow, especially for her skin, and was pleasantly surprised when they fit, and when I realised that using (and slightly modifying) a part in that mechanism I can repair the Tangkou's broken eye mechanism. The mechanism is now fine, and I ordered eye chips and hair to make her a wig that suits her better. I'm now happy to have her (and have since managed to get the long-awaited J-doll too <3).

To get back on topic: I was waiting for a Pullip Miku LOL doll I purchased off eBay. I loved her and dreamed of her for a while (not much of a Miku fan, but I find her aesthetics the most appealing), but her price is insane, so I settled with another Pullip, she however, didn't really make me happy, and nor did the second Pullip I ordered as a "replacement". Then this one came across, she was flawed (broken leg among a few other small flaws, but I have a replacement body for her - and might even try out an Obitsu), but I did not mind, in fact, her flawed state is probably what made her available for me. Flaws and all, I was still quite sure I will be outbid on her during the night (due to time zone differences the auction ended while I was sleeping), so at frist I couldn't believe I won.
I'm writing "I was waiting" because this was a few weeks ago. I was so excited about her, but at the same time also so skeptical that I didn't dare to write about her until she actually got here - no she's here, and boy, am I in love! This is the kind of dolly experience I need: she is flawed, she still cost a lot for a doll, but this is not what I see when I look at her, I only see that I adore her (whereas with the other two I was disappointed). And to boot: I didn't have to pay customs, which made me super happy because I recently had to pay fees for 3 packages, and I kind of had enough, because it's not even the customs part that kills the deal, but the in comparison very high "one-time handling fee" our local post applies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2020, 08:30:16 AM »
Waiting for Disney Store Rapunzel and Pink Made to Move top Barbie doll.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Tinsel Enthusiast, Fakie Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2020, 05:34:53 PM »
I got my parabocle in the mail!
And started on the make up & sculpting a magnet attached tail :biggrin:
Can you guess what animal I'm making?

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2020, 12:10:22 PM »
Waiting for the BMR1959 Wave 1 Asian doll for the body for Elsa. Along with fabric for doll clothes.

And dolls from the Disney Store.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2021, 08:58:52 AM »
Waiting for BMR1959 Wave 1 AA Male, and AA Ken Fashionista in a floral shirt (head from the fashionista is for my own version of Aladdin (I’m not ruining my Disney Store one) the body is for the head. From BarginMax.uk

Got Disney Store singing Moana doll with her extra clothes minus the pig and chicken and Dark AA Made to Move Barbie (just for the body for Comfy Squad Tiana Head) from eBay.uk; I’m hoping to get more dolls from there.

Hoping to get a Amazon gift card to order purple top Made to Move Barbie doll for Elsa’s head.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:55:18 PM by bright rabbit 1 »

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2021, 07:32:36 PM »
Waiting on an order from the LOL Surprise store! I picked up OMGs Angles and Pop BB as well as one of the Present Surprise wave 2 tots. Fingers crossed they arrive safe!

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2021, 07:47:12 AM »
Waiting for Ken Fashionistas 167 and 163 from Smythstoys.co.uk and two Asian Wave 1 BMR1959 dolls from BargainMax.uk

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2021, 02:56:59 PM »
My Gulliver Small mini mermaid bjd just shipped, I can't wait to see her in person!!

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2021, 08:58:12 AM »
Waiting for Mattel Elsa Coronation doll with extra outfit from ebay.uk hoping to get more dolls from there.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 01:24:12 AM by bright rabbit 1 »

Offline starrynights

• Takara Fakie
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2021, 05:54:47 PM »
I got my mermaid today! Wow!

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2021, 05:22:41 AM »
Got my two BMR1959 Asian wave 1 dolls for two of Ariel’s sisters bodies.

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2021, 09:19:34 AM »
Waiting for my first BJD a Dreamvalley giraffe Calle. This is my first foray into the BJD world and it’s a real lesson in patience.
When I first saw her she was listed as in stock. But when I finally went to purchase her Dreamvalley was doing an event and she now listed as preorder. On Denverdolls FAQ they stated they don’t take full payment on preorders until it ships. But when I made my order the full amount was taken. So now I’m confused. And then another company stated there were issues with shipping from Dreamvalley but Denverdoll hasn’t issued any sort of update.
*sigh* I don’t know if I can handle this hobby. I’m too used to near instant gratification of playline dolls

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2021, 03:30:09 AM »
Waiting for this Stacie bundle (a whole lot of clothes and shoes) from eBay.uk (only going to be buying from them not selling).

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2021, 07:54:56 AM »
*sigh* I don’t know if I can handle this hobby. I’m too used to near instant gratification of playline dolls

Ooh, I know, it's torture isn't it?! That's one reason I could never get too into BJDs, they're so gorgeous but the wait is hell! Especially when the company is vague about how long the doll will take to ship out, it's so worrying when you don't know what's going on. Hope your doll arrives safe and sound soon <3

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2021, 01:12:10 PM »
Waiting for a new Barbie Todd doll, I tried following this tutorial on how to make neck pegs for dolls using a hairpin hot glue gun, and masking tape. On my fifth try of trying to attempt it the pin got stuck into the doll head and I tried getting it out with forceps and the sharp end of the pin poked through Todd’s left eye and poked me in the right hand (luckily there wasn’t any blood). Threw the head away and my mum ordered me a new one (well used) in his wedding outfit, his cuff has got to be stitched. He is going to get a new body (that came today) so he will be the same size as his sister.

Hoping to get a lot of Go Team Roberts Stacie and Skipper dolls soon for more friends.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal