collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What manga are you reading?  (Read 91937 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What manga are you reading?
« Reply #270 on: December 02, 2019, 04:23:10 PM »
Several new titles will be released tomorrow including Yona 21 and Takane and Hana volume 12.

Ponyfan

*fanfare*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 05, 2019, 03:06:06 PM »
Hopefully I will be able to get a copy of Yona 21 soon. :D

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 12, 2019, 02:56:07 PM »
Barnes and Noble is having a Buy 2 get the 3rd book free sale on all manga. :D

I picked up  volumes 1, 3 and 4 ( 2 was out of stock) of Komi can’t communicate.

Ponyfan

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 26, 2019, 03:38:53 PM »
I finally read the Dream Arc in the Sailor Moon manga.

Ponyfan

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 08, 2020, 08:40:54 AM »
Anyone have anything interesting to share? My bookstore is still out of Komi Can’t  Communicate vol 2. An Incurable Case of Live looks promising.

Ponyfan

Offline Thimble

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 20, 2020, 03:21:05 AM »
Did I reply to this already? I feel like I did. If so, my bad. lol.

My current favorite comic of any flavor is Solo Leveling. It's a gorgeous full-color korean webcomic and it is *outstanding*. Has by far some of the best action art I've ever seen, and I have read a lot of comics. It starts a tad slow, but only a tad. By the end of chapter 3, things are pretty crazy and it only gets better from there. 

You can read it online at manganelo or mangakalot. You will want a strong adblocker though. I wouldn't go there without one, I have no idea what kind of ads they run, but they are probly NSFW. I can't say for sure, though, since I don't see internet ads.

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 06, 2020, 11:51:28 AM »
I bought Yona 22 today along with Takane and Hana 13 :D  My bookstore is still out of Komi Can’t Communicate vol 2.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 11, 2020, 09:22:10 AM »
I bought Yona 22 today along with Takane and Hana 13 :D  My bookstore is still out of Komi Can’t Communicate vol 2.

Ponyfan

I owe you a PM. I haven't forgotten. I promise :)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 11, 2020, 04:27:44 PM »
I have a huge back catalogue it's not even funny ...

This is a random thought, but does anyone remember Descendants of Darkness ( Yami no Matsuei))? I gave away my books to charity a couple of years back, it was one of the first lots of not-strictly yaoi manga I bought. I remember that it was hugely popular back in my time, I liked the art, I really appreciated the dark and horrible nature of the evil doctor character ... but the attitude of the manga-ka REALLY, REALLY put me off. I especially remember them berating fans for sending in letters written in pencil rather than ink, and I think there was also an admonishment for sending gifts? These were in the LINER NOTES of the main manga pages, I was just so put off by how bitter, angry and just overall irritated with fans they sounded. Like, seriously what is your problem?!

I recently looked it up again, looks like it's never getting continued. The gif of Tzusuki with ears and a tail was a lot of people's go-to avatar on message boards for a long time, and the 'gateway to yaoi' thing is ... kinda justified as a comment XD It had an anime, but I found the summoned attacks in the manga sort-of confusing, but that doesn't help when you are not clued-up on your Japanese mythology.

[Still think Tatsumi and Tzusuki would have been a good pairing, despite myself]

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 11, 2020, 05:46:18 PM »
I have a huge back catalogue it's not even funny ...

This is a random thought, but does anyone remember Descendants of Darkness ( Yami no Matsuei))? I gave away my books to charity a couple of years back, it was one of the first lots of not-strictly yaoi manga I bought. I remember that it was hugely popular back in my time, I liked the art, I really appreciated the dark and horrible nature of the evil doctor character ... but the attitude of the manga-ka REALLY, REALLY put me off. I especially remember them berating fans for sending in letters written in pencil rather than ink, and I think there was also an admonishment for sending gifts? These were in the LINER NOTES of the main manga pages, I was just so put off by how bitter, angry and just overall irritated with fans they sounded. Like, seriously what is your problem?!

I recently looked it up again, looks like it's never getting continued. The gif of Tzusuki with ears and a tail was a lot of people's go-to avatar on message boards for a long time, and the 'gateway to yaoi' thing is ... kinda justified as a comment XD It had an anime, but I found the summoned attacks in the manga sort-of confusing, but that doesn't help when you are not clued-up on your Japanese mythology.

[Still think Tatsumi and Tzusuki would have been a good pairing, despite myself]

I have Yami no Matsuei's manga in Japanese but I never got past the first volume for some reason. I think I still have it, anyway. I did purge some stuff years ago but I believe it's in storage in a box somewhere. I did watch the anime, it was one of the first anime I watched when I got into it as an adult in 2007. I'm weirdly fond of it and the 'solving mystery dark creepy' despite the fact Muraki creeps me out and people fangirling over him creep me out even more than that.  (The boat episode was clever though).

No kidding about the gif of Tsuzuki. Also the fact his name means continuation is basically not lost on me. Not least since in the theme song for the anime (a song I genuinely still have on playlists despite not touching this series for literally years) also includes that word...I feel not accidentally either...

I never knew anything about the mangaka. I followed the seiyuu and went from the anime to the manga but couldn't get into it :/

Speaking of old series, I recently found I still have several volumes of DNAngel's manga propping up my bookcase (yes, literally). I thought I got rid of that years ago O.o
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 05:47:54 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 12, 2020, 07:27:56 AM »

Ponyfan

I owe you a PM. I haven't forgotten. I promise :)

No worries Taffeta. :D

I rearranged my manga the other day so all of my Yona volumes fit on one shelf instead of being split between two shelves. 

I might start Takane and Hana soon. I have all of the books in the series so far but haven't read them yet.

Ponyfan

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2020, 09:22:14 AM »
I want to finish up Kamisama Kiss. Maybe I will check and see if Amazon has a digital version.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 14, 2020, 04:38:03 AM »
Just ordered Seven Days, Given (since I know there's an anime, but I honestly prefer manga), and Yarichin ***** Club (there's a bad word I can't say here). The latter I wasn't going to, but Amazon have pulled it so I want to see what's inside.

To my eternal disgust and sorrow, Caste Heaven has been licensed by SuBLime. I saw a copy in Germany (since Tokyopop is alive and well over there), looked it up to read it and ... yeah. It's DARK dark, which could be okay, I liked the basic system idea, but then when the second couple came, I was getting whiplash from one guy's mood swings. Going from nice to possessive and controlling and back again against the shy guy. And THEN ... Uh, a scene happens, and my brain snapped and I mentally threw it out the window. Nope. Not touching that again. I contacted SuBLime and there's no plans to change the scene, so Gods help those who aren't prepared for it.

EDIT: I googled to maybe read parts again to see if I misread it, and came across the reviews. People are split between disgust and outrage and wondering how it is possibly scored so high, and others are raving about it and defending the messed-up characters. Now, I can forgive questionable choices in stories depending on overall tone (I read Viewfinder, for example), but others I just cannot get over (Lies are a Gentleman's Manners, Jazz). This is absolutely in the latter. Yeesh. I might have the courage to give it another go, but I am most certainly not buying.

EDIT II: I re-read the scene. Yep. Just as horrific as I remember. Heck to the NO.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 10:49:41 AM by Lady Frostbite »

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 18, 2020, 03:20:41 PM »
I looked through the manga today at the bookstore but nothing really caught my eye enough for me to buy. Komi Can't Communicate vol 5 has been published but I didn't buy that one because my bookstore still doesn't have volume 2.

Would anyone like to see a pic of my Yona books?

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 03:23:54 PM by Ponyfan »

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 20, 2020, 11:59:32 AM »
I've learned not to trust the website's in stock status for the bookstore I usually buy my manga from as it is often misleading.  Many times it will tell me that a book I want is in stock but when I get to the store that book is nowhere to be found. The website doesn't update in real time so there's always a possibility that someone else bought the book before I got to the store.

However, it has been several months since I've found the book I'm looking for in store and I think I will just order it from Amazon.

I took a long look at the manga section today to see if I could find a new series that looked interesting to me. A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow, An Incurable Case of Love and After the Rain all look promising.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal