collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What manga are you reading?  (Read 90704 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: What manga are you reading?
« Reply #345 on: May 02, 2021, 11:39:57 AM »
I got my manga and it came off our quarantine table today ;)

My first thing is always to look at the end of the Yona volumes to see who's still alive...

There's a whole random new character I never saw before though, so I guess I missed a lot.

The Daiya volumes have got as far as the start of the game that's currently reaching the end in the newly released chapters, so it's pretty up to date. Although it's an annoyingly long and frustrating game...;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 02, 2021, 01:18:32 PM »
The Way of the Househusband sounds interesting.

My copies of Yona 29 and Komi 9 came but I haven't read them yet. My Yona came with a big bend in one of the top corners of the cover but I don't want to send it back in case I would get a copy with more damage.

I got my manga and it came off our quarantine table today ;)

My first thing is always to look at the end of the Yona volumes to see who's still alive...

There's a whole random new character I never saw before though, so I guess I missed a lot.

The Daiya volumes have got as far as the start of the game that's currently reaching the end in the newly released chapters, so it's pretty up to date. Although it's an annoyingly long and frustrating game...;)

A new character in Yona? That sounds interesting. :D

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 03, 2021, 02:36:57 PM »
It depends on whether they're new or I just don't remember them, but right now I'm not sure who they are o.O.
Spoiler
I think it's always Jaeha I'm most relieved to see when I get a new volume. I don't know why but I always have it in my head that he's the most vulnerable...maybe because he's the oldest, but maybe also because he's had some pretty hard things happen to him.

I mean, not as hard as Zeno, but Zeno kind of doesn't count when it comes to character death...

Also on the Daiya front...
Spoiler
Someone get him a punchbag. Stat.

This sums up most of my feelings about the current ongoing game in the manga, for lots of reasons.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 02:40:59 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 03, 2021, 03:44:58 PM »
It depends on whether they're new or I just don't remember them, but right now I'm not sure who they are o.O.
Spoiler
I think it's always Jaeha I'm most relieved to see when I get a new volume. I don't know why but I always have it in my head that he's the most vulnerable...maybe because he's the oldest, but maybe also because he's had some pretty hard things happen to him.

I mean, not as hard as Zeno, but Zeno kind of doesn't count when it comes to character death...

Also on the Daiya front...
Spoiler
Someone get him a punchbag. Stat.

This sums up most of my feelings about the current ongoing game in the manga, for lots of reasons.

I haven't read Yona 29 yet but I looked at the description on the back and it worries me a bit. 

Spoiler

It mentioned Jaeha and Yona being captured by Kai forces.  I worry about Jaeha too. He seemed to be the one with the most injuries in Xing and I don't think he had fully recovered yet and the end of 28.

Daiya

Spoiler
Is that Mochi in the picture?  I won't ask what's happening in the current game that makes you feel that way...

I think Takane and Hana vol 18 will be the last volume in the series based on the cover art. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 03:46:49 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 04, 2021, 12:27:13 AM »
Yes, that's Mochi. :)

I agree on Jaeha completely. No wonder he wanted to continue living free...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #350 on: May 06, 2021, 12:45:07 PM »
I am reading a manga I ordered from amazon called Fiancee of the Wizard, seems like there are only 3 vol so far or at least that is what I was able to order. I'm already starting #3 today.

It seems like i might have read a chapter of this online somewhere once but either way it's really beautiful to look at art-wise; which is always a plus for me with mangas. It's Sort of a reincarnation story, however that doesn't seem to play very much into the story or even the main character's life. I don't particularly know why it's even part of the story, unless maybe further along it comes up but the only thing I can see is the main female lead thinks about it, but other than that I don't see why it even needed to be in this story. I guess this is sort of a romance/slice of life. There is magic cause...uh, Wizard (LOL), but it doesn't seem to be the main aspect of the story, it's more a relationship/romance IMO, at least for the first two vol. so far.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 14, 2021, 07:40:25 PM »
Right now that would be Tomie by Ito ,I really liked the  spiral obsession.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 25, 2021, 11:36:31 AM »
I need to read the last book of Kamisama Kiss.  :cry:

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 01, 2021, 02:16:34 PM »
I bought Yona vol  30 today along with A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow vols 1 and 2 and Way of the Househusband 1 and 2. 

My bookstore didn't have Takane and Hana volume 17 in yet.

I'm so happy to have the new volume of Yona so I can read both of them one right after the other. :)

I also saw some random Demon Slayer and My Hero Academia vols at Walmart today.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 03:06:02 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 15, 2021, 10:00:46 AM »
I read Yona 29. It was intense.

My bookstore still doesn't have Takane and Hana 17 so I'm going to order it online.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 27, 2021, 03:37:50 PM »
I finally got a copy of Takane and Hana 17.  I'm caught up on Yona until the next volume is released in August. 

I also bought the remaining volumes I needed of Komi Can't Communicate even though I haven't started yet.  I bought the first 2 volumes of Fly Me To the Moon.   

Ponyfan

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 27, 2021, 04:34:53 PM »
I’m catching up on Black Butler
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #357 on: June 28, 2021, 09:57:55 AM »
I'm reading My Hero Academia as the weekly chapters come out. $2 a month isn't so bad for a digital shonen jump subscription.
My brother and I are also swapping various copies of Junji Ito's works with each other, we're both big fans.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 29, 2021, 06:51:27 AM »
Yona of the Dawn 31 comes out next week in the US. :D

Does anyone know if there is some kind of distribution issue with Fly Me to the Moon volume 3?   My local bookstore doesn't have it in stock and it's not available on Amazon.  Viz media is usually great about publishing more once the initial stock is gone so it seems a little odd that one book out of the series is harder to find.  It was just released in January so it's not too old of a release.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 31, 2021, 10:43:22 AM »
I'm reading My Hero Academia as the weekly chapters come out. $2 a month isn't so bad for a digital shonen jump subscription.
My brother and I are also swapping various copies of Junji Ito's works with each other, we're both big fans.

I unashamedly like BnHA but I've avoided the manga because the idea of obtaining that many volumes in Japanese is hurting my head. I already have problems storing Act II of Daiya and I don't even have most of Act I.

As much as I enjoy BnHA (still hate all the villains though, literally all of them, LOL), it's a difficult series to engage with in terms of online fandom. You either get people going on about how it's the best series they ever saw because they've seen about six series, or the people who are trying to look down on it because it's a shounen series and pretty mainstream. And both of those attitudes just annoy me xD.

I feel like for all it's a mainstream shounen series, the character development is pretty decent. Deku and Bakugou are not entirely what you expect them to be at times, and so many of both 1A and also 1B have some decent development as well. I guess it's always all about the characters for me, but yeah. I'm stuck with the anime because of the manga situation, but I'm glad it's still going thus far. I just wish I cared more about the villains, because I prefer it when they're not involved.

I do wonder sometimes how much it was inspired by Tiger & Bunny though, or if that's coincidence.

I still need to catch up my Yona volumes. @Ponyfan, I think you are about at the same place as I am, almost...I keep meaning to get to it and then I get distracted. :)

Daiya manga is still on hiatus. It's the only one I read online, but it isn't due to resume till next month. And frankly, where it ended before the hiatus bothered me on a few levels and pleased me on others. It was a logical place to break, if the writer needed a break, but there are things swirling around that chapter that raise questions.

In short, I've spent the last eight weeks wanting to shake Eijun xD and worrying about what the impact will be going forward...

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal