Creativity > Customs

Doll Hair Guide for Customs

<< < (2/10) > >>

suzy.66:

--- Quote from: enchantress41580 on April 20, 2017, 11:01:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: suzy.66 on April 19, 2017, 08:09:36 AM ---Great explanation thanks! And love your etsy shop :) might talk to you there quite soon ;) i need some dolly hair :)

Also: for your pony customs, how do you paint the bodies please?
Thanks

--- End quote ---

For the bodies, I will either hand paint with acrylics or airbrush with acrylics. You can remove the original factory paint by using 100% Acetone, but make sure you wash off with soap and water afterwards. if you are doing a full body repaint (FBR for short), some people will do a base coat of white Gesso- this usually helps paint stick better and gives a smoother coat. Hope this helps!! I have tutorials on youtube as well. (don't mind the crappy quality- I'll be redoing them once my equipment has been updated)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-jhlB3cG6UdYjdNJQRKoA

Post Merge: April 20, 2017, 11:01:59 PM

--- Quote from: Duenia on April 19, 2017, 08:33:21 AM ---That answered so many questions I had about hair. Thanks :)

--- End quote ---

you're quite welcome! :)

--- End quote ---

Thanks that is awesome! Doing some customs (well, starting) so have heaps of questions haha thanks a bunch!

Post Merge: April 24, 2017, 02:58:32 PM

Hi again, sorry but the link is actually to your channel (which looks very interesteing) but there are so many videos, i cannot find the ones about pony body repaint? Would you have the direct link please?

Sorry for the hassel lol

aintnobuffalo:
A very handy reference! Thanks! <3

enchantress41580:

--- Quote from: suzy.66 on April 24, 2017, 02:50:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: enchantress41580 on April 20, 2017, 11:01:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: suzy.66 on April 19, 2017, 08:09:36 AM ---Great explanation thanks! And love your etsy shop :) might talk to you there quite soon ;) i need some dolly hair :)

Also: for your pony customs, how do you paint the bodies please?
Thanks

--- End quote ---

For the bodies, I will either hand paint with acrylics or airbrush with acrylics. You can remove the original factory paint by using 100% Acetone, but make sure you wash off with soap and water afterwards. if you are doing a full body repaint (FBR for short), some people will do a base coat of white Gesso- this usually helps paint stick better and gives a smoother coat. Hope this helps!! I have tutorials on youtube as well. (don't mind the crappy quality- I'll be redoing them once my equipment has been updated)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-jhlB3cG6UdYjdNJQRKoA

Post Merge: April 20, 2017, 11:01:59 PM

--- Quote from: Duenia on April 19, 2017, 08:33:21 AM ---That answered so many questions I had about hair. Thanks :)

--- End quote ---

you're quite welcome! :)

--- End quote ---

Thanks that is awesome! Doing some customs (well, starting) so have heaps of questions haha thanks a bunch!

Post Merge: April 24, 2017, 02:58:32 PM

Hi again, sorry but the link is actually to your channel (which looks very interesteing) but there are so many videos, i cannot find the ones about pony body repaint? Would you have the direct link please?

Sorry for the hassel lol

--- End quote ---

Not a hassle at all! Always happy to help! I don't think I have a tutorial on how to do FBR, but there are several different customizing tutorials on my channel. My suggestion is to water your acrylic paint down and then take one of those make-up sponges that you can get at the dollar store and then lightly pat the paint on....my friend JerZy (BarbedDragon) sent me a good tutorial for that awhile ago- it's a neat trick to make the pony look as though it had been airbrushed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpBp7FBkdcE&index=405&list=LLp-jhlB3cG6UdYjdNJQRKoA

and my friend KCherry's tutorial is also good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RmwY3P-acc

hope this helps! :)

Post Merge: April 25, 2017, 11:39:33 PM

--- Quote from: aintnobuffalo on April 24, 2017, 03:57:06 PM ---A very handy reference! Thanks! <3

--- End quote ---

You're quite welcome :)

Duenia:
A friend and I were having a conversation the other day and I just thought to ask. We were wondering how synthetic hair is actually made? Do you know by any chance?

Between the two of us all we could really find was how wigs are made - you know with the hair that was already somehow created. Magic dust maybe lol?

enchantress41580:

--- Quote from: Duenia on April 26, 2017, 08:56:54 AM ---A friend and I were having a conversation the other day and I just thought to ask. We were wondering how synthetic hair is actually made? Do you know by any chance?

Between the two of us all we could really find was how wigs are made - you know with the hair that was already somehow created. Magic dust maybe lol?

--- End quote ---

the factory produces little beads of whatever fiber they're making, and drops them into a machine that flattens and melts them together into long rows and goes through a machine that cuts it into individual strands :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version