Creativity > Customs

Doll Hair Guide for Customs

<< < (9/10) > >>

ZeldaTheSwordsman:
Enchantress' pics on the second page are broken

fromoutoftheunexpected:
I've been trying to find out how much hair I would need to re-root a pony, but everywhere says vastly different amounts. Is there a difference between the different generations as to how much I need? How much would I need for a g3, vs a g4?

pandabear_chan:

--- Quote from: fromoutoftheunexpected on June 12, 2021, 06:25:51 AM ---I've been trying to find out how much hair I would need to re-root a pony, but everywhere says vastly different amounts. Is there a difference between the different generations as to how much I need? How much would I need for a g3, vs a g4?

--- End quote ---

That clearly depends on different factors:

- the planned length of your ponies' mane and tail

- the amount you get from the seller you like to order from

- the amount of mane plugs and the size of the tail hole

- your rehairing experience i.e. "beginner" vs. "advanced" (i.e. how you cut the hair, how much hair you use for each mane plug, etc.)
Just to name an example: I work with doll hair since 15 years and can easily use only 1 G1 Pony tail to rehair an entire G1 pony's mane if necessary. But that takes a lot of practice and experience.

- the plastic status of your pony (soft plastic ponies can be rehaired easier than hard plastic ponies)

To make things easier,  you might like to tell about what you plan to do and people can help from there.

kaelynn:
Retracting what I wrote due to recent events.  :angry:

Moonbreeze:
Not sure if this belongs here, but I have a G2 hair matching guide up:

http://www.lavenderlagoon.com/hair-matching-guide.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version