Creativity > Customs

Doll Hair Guide for Customs

<< < (3/10) > >>

enchantress41580:
Ombre hair and monofiber styling tips-

Flat Iron:
Ombre- you can use a flat iron up to 360 degrees, this will get rid of the kinks and make the hair nice and silky.

Monofiber- you can use a flat iron up to 360-400 degrees although it's best to start low and work your way up on heat settings. You can also use a hair crimper to make the hair crimped.

Boil Perm:
Monofiber- wrap around a spiral perm rod or a straw and fasten with bobby pins, dip in boiling water for about 4-5 seconds, then dip immediately into a bowl of water and ice for 4-5 seconds. Repeat about 4 times, allow to dry over night.

Curling Iron:
Monofiber and Ombre- I use a 1/4 barrel and hold the curl for about 1-2 minutes. You can use up to about 360 degrees, however some settings differ, so I would test a small strand first. Remember as you pull the iron out that heat also straightens, so you want to use sort of a twirling motion when releasing the iron- as tho you are following the direction of the curl.

Skeen:
Do you have a list of your colors that are matches for Hasbro colors?  I have some restorations in my to-do bins.  :) 

enchantress41580:

--- Quote from: Skeen on May 05, 2017, 09:25:41 AM ---Do you have a list of your colors that are matches for Hasbro colors?  I have some restorations in my to-do bins.  :) 

--- End quote ---

I do have a list of dollyhair matches, I'll look for them tomorrow when I get up :)

Thrice:
This is a great guide! Can it be pinned??

Khayman81:
Very good guide! Usefull and now l understand plenty of rehairing problems l had.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version