collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404549 times)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #2475 on: September 07, 2021, 12:18:02 PM »
My unpopular opinion is I find G3.5 really cute and I'm usually more excited to thrift one of them versus G4. They sell pretty okay for me, too!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline MouseCardinal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: September 07, 2021, 12:22:24 PM »
My unpopular opinion is I find G3.5 really cute and I'm usually more excited to thrift one of them versus G4. They sell pretty okay for me, too!
I agree, they are pretty cute  :happy:

Art by NanoRuby
Life, I love you, all is groovy

Offline Zargata

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • KABOOM!
    • View Profile
    • http://Ogrebattle.weebly.com
« Reply #2477 on: September 07, 2021, 05:49:26 PM »

Oh agree they are cute. But the end of the g3 line is full of the same 7 ponies. They are a large improvement over the same static pose before the redesign.

Plus they had great hair. Shame hasbro did literally nothing interesting with them.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2478 on: September 07, 2021, 07:04:01 PM »

Oh agree they are cute. But the end of the g3 line is full of the same 7 ponies. They are a large improvement over the same static pose before the redesign.

Plus they had great hair. Shame hasbro did literally nothing interesting with them.

Yeah this is how I feel about them! I think 3.5s are cute (albeit not horsey of course). Sadly though they are my least favorite generation just because being all Core 7 makes them not very fun to collect. But they're cute and are very high quality as well.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2479 on: September 07, 2021, 08:41:19 PM »
Maybe not an UNPOPULAR opinion, but one nonetheless...

I like unicorns, but I don't LOVE unicorns. They're not my favourite pony species. Earth ponies #1, followed by pegasi (I always preferred the plural being "pegasuses" but I guess "pegasi" has been made official).

I was a G3 kid and unicorns came too late, and when they did, they weren't really anything special. They were no different from earth ponies, but I guess their culture was neat, how they have 4 assigned ponies to make a rainbow every year. But NOTHING compared to when I came home one day seeing Star Catcher sitting on the kitchen table! I had no idea she was even out or even expected to see winged ponies in MLP! (I had G2s as well, which as you know didn't get anywhere in the US.) Star Catcher was really beautiful and special, and I loved the other pegasi in G3 as well, since they lived on a tropical island, and summer is my favourite season.

In G1 unicorns were still just okay. Them having actual magical abilities is nice, but still, nothing is cooler than FLYING! As an adult I'm kind of indifferent to the species in G1, I guess I like earth ponies the best. As a kid Galaxy was my favourite character in the cartoon but still, pegasi can FLY which is WAY cooler than anything the unicorns can do.

G4 unicorns were overpowered, of course.

G5, pegasi win here again. I'm still biased towards earth ponies since I'm a Horse Girl but pegasi in this gen are sooooo cool. Their wings are different shapes AND different colours. The hair colours are lacking so far in G5 but the wing colours make up for it a bit. They make them so much appealing. Earth ponies don't have anything special and neither do unicorns, but pegasi have their beautiful wings...

One more kudos to G5 while I'm still here: I really like the different cultures of the pony species. G4's areas felt kinda samey but G5 feels really distinct. I LOVE all three towns and want to see all of them all the time! Goodbye to dirt road thatched-roofed G4 Ponyville! The cottages are all identical and it loses charm quickly, if it had any to begin with, because I'm remembering it through 2010-2011 rose-tinted glasses. Nothing about Ponyville makes me think "wow, I would want to live there if I was a little pony". Cloudsdale was nice and Canterlot was great but we were stuck in Ponyville all the time and it's sooooo boring. Maretime Bay is so beautiful and reminds me of G3 Ponyville with all the colours, I love the magical vibe of Bridlewood, and I love the art deco inspiration for Zephyr Heights. I really really really hope each location gets equal screentime in the upcoming show.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2480 on: September 07, 2021, 11:39:15 PM »
When I was a kid, pegasus ponies were my number 1 for some reason. My want list for most sets was usually topped by a pegasus, who I would never be able to find and thus would end up with one of the earth ponies instead...

But over here in the comics earth ponies and unicorns also both flew, and pegasus ponies also often had their own magic. So it wasn't really about that. I don't know what it was really.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MouseCardinal

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: September 08, 2021, 12:19:01 AM »

Yeah, it is a shame we got stuck with the same couple ponies  :shrug:

Art by NanoRuby

Offline Ragamuffin

• View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2482 on: September 08, 2021, 05:30:54 AM »
When I was a kid, pegasus ponies were my number 1 for some reason. My want list for most sets was usually topped by a pegasus, who I would never be able to find and thus would end up with one of the earth ponies instead...

But over here in the comics earth ponies and unicorns also both flew, and pegasus ponies also often had their own magic. So it wasn't really about that. I don't know what it was really.

Wings are cool!! :P

Offline MouseCardinal

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: September 08, 2021, 05:41:07 AM »
G4's areas felt kinda samey but G5 feels really distinct. I LOVE all three towns and want to see all of them all the time! Goodbye to dirt road thatched-roofed G4 Ponyville! The cottages are all identical and it loses charm quickly, if it had any to begin with, because I'm remembering it through 2010-2011 rose-tinted glasses. Nothing about Ponyville makes me think "wow, I would want to live there if I was a little pony".
Hard agree here; I'm very excited to see G5's world explored.

G4 Ponyville has nothing on G3 Ponyville. It looks so flat, like every building is a cardboard cut-out representation. It doesn't really look like any of the ponies really live there. I can certainly say I wouldn't want to be a pony there either, lol.  :zzz:

Art by NanoRuby

Offline Shystar06

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: September 08, 2021, 12:20:41 PM »
G4's areas felt kinda samey but G5 feels really distinct. I LOVE all three towns and want to see all of them all the time! Goodbye to dirt road thatched-roofed G4 Ponyville! The cottages are all identical and it loses charm quickly, if it had any to begin with, because I'm remembering it through 2010-2011 rose-tinted glasses. Nothing about Ponyville makes me think "wow, I would want to live there if I was a little pony".
Hard agree here; I'm very excited to see G5's world explored.

G4 Ponyville has nothing on G3 Ponyville. It looks so flat, like every building is a cardboard cut-out representation. It doesn't really look like any of the ponies really live there. I can certainly say I wouldn't want to be a pony there either, lol.  :zzz:

G3 had a bit too much of a "Candyland" aspect to it but the G4 world alternates between outright BORING and  "showpiece" rather than "somepony actually lives here".

Offline MouseCardinal

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: September 08, 2021, 01:33:42 PM »
"Showpiece" is a really good way of describing it; there's not a whole lot of substance to it  :huh:

Art by NanoRuby

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2486 on: September 09, 2021, 04:15:41 AM »
G4 is Equestria, surely, not ponyville?

I got really confused reading that :)

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MouseCardinal

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: September 09, 2021, 05:35:32 AM »
G4 is Equestria, surely, not ponyville?

I got really confused reading that :)
I was specifically referring to the town of Ponyville within Equestria in my posts  :biggrin: Equestria as a whole is a little better, but the main setting is fairly dull in my opinion

Art by NanoRuby

Offline wingweaver

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: September 09, 2021, 09:26:40 AM »
with g2 ponies i rather like the look of ponies that are designed with tinsel, as in: i like them if they are not detinsled. (hope that explanation makes sense)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: September 09, 2021, 09:29:32 AM »
with g2 ponies i rather like the look of ponies that are designed with tinsel, as in: i like them if they are not detinsled. (hope that explanation makes sense)

It does
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal