collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404627 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #2430 on: July 25, 2021, 11:56:56 AM »
I do like how G5s look, I think it's an improvement over G4's designs, they look a bit more horsey to me. But so far I am definitely disappointed in how Hasbro are going about it like everyone else here basically. I'm definitely going to buy some, but I'm really only interested in the brushables, both normal and styling size. I have like. No desire to buy the molded hair line. It's a shame that we're seeing such a large amount of those compared to brushables. And so far our only non-Mane 5 ponies are molded hair ones from the set revealed yesterday.

I'm gonna buy G5s but so far it seems like I won't be getting very many. So many of them are molded hair. Not to mention giving Hitch molded hair in sets where everybody else has synthetic hair.  :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2431 on: July 25, 2021, 12:52:41 PM »
Moulded hair = fail to me too.

No brushy, no point. Basically...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ponyprincess2021

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: July 25, 2021, 02:18:54 PM »
Am I the only one who wants to kind of give g5 a chance. Even though it does have issues I don’t expect it to be perfect. I wouldn’t just completely avoid it just because there’s things I don’t like about it. I’m trying to give it hope because it’s still very new and I can’t really have an opinion off of it until I see more. I like the 3d style and even though it’s different the animation style doesn’t really bother me and besides most of the toys not having brushable hair I’m starting to like them a lot more.

Offline Orangei

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • mr. moochick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: July 25, 2021, 02:27:18 PM »

AGREED!

by Buttons!
pony instagram | non-pony instagram | wishlist

Online Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #2434 on: July 25, 2021, 03:07:18 PM »
Am I the only one who wants to kind of give g5 a chance. Even though it does have issues I don’t expect it to be perfect. I wouldn’t just completely avoid it just because there’s things I don’t like about it. I’m trying to give it hope because it’s still very new and I can’t really have an opinion off of it until I see more. I like the 3d style and even though it’s different the animation style doesn’t really bother me and besides most of the toys not having brushable hair I’m starting to like them a lot more.

No, I agree! I still think it's too early to tell if we're going to have mostly/too much molded hair, or if it's going to be good or bad. I'm 100% looking forward to seeing what comes out. I'm even impressed with the molded hair ponies ( - as a person who is NOT into molded hair ponies). we still don't know really if most of the toys will or won't have molded hair. most of the leaks, or what we've seen come out so far maybe, but maybe they have a lot else to be released.
I'll join the disappointed crew if it turns out g5 is going to be mostly molded hair, once g5 has been "live" for a few months. (I'm still counting what's come out as "pre'g5" really, it's supposed to be autumn, right?)

then again, I've got a lot of hope (and bias), because I actually really like these, and I spent the past 10 years not really into current ponies until PL hit the shelves. so I'm clinging to wanting to give g5 a chance. ^^'

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: July 25, 2021, 03:07:59 PM »

No. I'm gonna give it a chance,  they're just not high priority pony purchases. Although I'm not loving the weird faces,  boring poses and lack of quality nylon hair. I do love the pegasus' colorful  sculpted wings.  Just waiting on that 9 pack and...brushy tailed Trailblazer. I'll snip it out,  and stuff some gradient dyed nylon in his tail, so I don't hafta cry over  hair rot later. Its a shame, I would have liked Charms Izzy Moonbow.  She's kinda cute in person.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 03:21:09 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2436 on: July 25, 2021, 04:02:47 PM »
I have both the 3-inch brushables in my hand as well as the Crystal Adventure molded releases. My hierarchy of preference is the 6-inchers > Crystal Adventure > 3-inchers.
There's a bit more detail and differentiation in the molded figures that I can't fathom why they wouldn't just keep the same models for the brushable figures, and the slight differences make me prefer the molded ones.
But at the same time, the 6-inch ponies really feel true to what MLP is about; there's a lot of hair play focus, the hair is lovely and soft, and they're large enough for children to deal with properly. I really hope they stick with having 6-inch figures as a main point.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: July 25, 2021, 04:08:55 PM »

No. I'm gonna give it a chance,  they're just not high priority pony purchases. Although I'm not loving the weird faces,  boring poses and lack of quality nylon hair. I do love the pegasus' colorful  sculpted wings.  Just waiting on that 9 pack and...brushy tailed Trailblazer. I'll snip it out,  and stuff some gradient dyed nylon in his tail, so I don't hafta cry over  hair rot later. Its a shame, I would have liked Charms Izzy Moonbow.  She's kinda cute in person.

I don't think there's any problem giving it a chance, or liking it, or loving it. It seems an uncontroversial toyline, in the sense that it's not dramatically changing anything or stepping on any toes, or thus far inspiring people to behave like idiots. And if the kids love it, then that's all that matters really. I mean, it's great to think we might have a toy line where people either buy or don't buy and there's no haze of angst over having different opinions...I'm crossing my fingers.

I'm reserving judgement on the brushies till I see them, but frankly, I feel like that about all gens, not just G5 ;) My general pony philosophy is no brushy, no point ;) One reason I never got all that enthusiastic about Mummy Charms...

I hope that G5 isn't going to go too much in that direction. I really have no other strong opinion on G5 except that singing plush is one of the scariest things I've seen in a while, toywise.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 04:10:58 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: July 25, 2021, 04:27:24 PM »

Indeed! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: July 26, 2021, 06:26:08 PM »
I think... maybe brushable hair is more important to me as an adult than it was to me as a child. 
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: July 27, 2021, 05:13:51 PM »
Brushable hair ALWAYS mattered to me. When I was a child I'd often be found grooming my Ponies to calm myself
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: July 28, 2021, 07:42:49 AM »
Brushable hair ALWAYS mattered to me. When I was a child I'd often be found grooming my Ponies to calm myself

Yep, we would sit in little groups at playtime, styling our ponies.
Unsure how successful G1 would have been without the brushable hair - it meant everything to us!  :lol:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: July 28, 2021, 07:52:31 AM »

Unsure how successful G1 would have been without the brushable hair - it meant everything to us!  :lol:

I remember doing that with my brush and grows. Braided Beauty especially as she had so much hair compared to Star Gleamer or any of my other non BG ponies. I adored Brush and Grows. I still do. I'd have an army of all of them if I had space. I already have multiples of some, which I pretend are upgrades...and still want to track down the four other Chinese ones as it's an excuse to have four more pretty BnGs.

Braids has a lot of hair but Bouquet, Pretty Vision etc, they have MASSIVE amounts of it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: July 28, 2021, 12:34:08 PM »

I remember doing that with my brush and grows. Braided Beauty especially as she had so much hair compared to Star Gleamer or any of my other non BG ponies. I adored Brush and Grows. I still do. I'd have an army of all of them if I had space. I already have multiples of some, which I pretend are upgrades...and still want to track down the four other Chinese ones as it's an excuse to have four more pretty BnGs.

Braids has a lot of hair but Bouquet, Pretty Vision etc, they have MASSIVE amounts of it.

Kinda surprised Rapunzel wasn't a BnG.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shiverdam

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: August 04, 2021, 07:30:55 PM »
I really want to like the gen 5 designs. I like that they have distinctive hooves and feathers! But their snouts are still just... so short. Their faces are so flat. It's like their faces get flatter every generation, straying further and further from horse-ness. Give me the horsefaces. Please. I beg you

Signature by starscout
she/her they/them
Will sell soul for Oakly the Moose
Soul has been sold, MOOSE ACQUIRED

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal