collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 409759 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #2370 on: June 12, 2021, 08:39:12 AM »
So if I had seen Applejack with sparkly hair, and Applejack with apples all over, and Applejack with a hairband, I would have been one happy child :) Still, as I have so often been informed, I am quite weird, and I don't suppose Hasbro intends to market towards small weirdos :lol: Bit of a niche market! But that's my confession for today: my name is Shaz, and I like repetition of my favourite things :lol:

I really don't think it's as weird as you think. It's rather common for kids to do that with other cartoon driven kid's franchises such as Paw Patrol or Peppa Pig. Whether we like it or not what MLP is about has changed to be more cartoon driven (this actually dates back to G3.5 Core 7 and not G4 so don't blame FIM) than toy driven.

If it's not weird then I guess I'm the odd one...when I was a kid, I never liked/wanted doubles of anything. And when my sister had ponies, I wanted her to have different ones that I didn't have, because it meant more ponies overall xD. I was really annoyed that some of her second hand ponies overlapped mine, because it seemed like a missed opportunity ;)

When we started online trading, naynie and I drew up a list of who would have which pony, rather than each of us having all of them. While there are some ponies we do both have now, there are others she has which I've never cared about getting - not because I don't like them, but because she has them, so I feel like the box is ticked.

I think both kinds of kid probably exist, but at least in G1 you kind of had a choice whether you wanted multiple versions of, say, Posey, or whether you wanted to collect the different characters instead.

Even now I don't really do armies. Where I have multiple of a pony there's either a reason behind it or they're variations.

Oh I didn't mean the other way around was unusual. I know plenty of brands exist even today that count on kids wanting to "catch em all" like LOL Surprise. I'm just saying that both are normal, and sometimes even the same kid will do both depending on the franchise.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline yourpinkoverlord

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • McDonald's Pony
  • I, for one, welcome our new pony overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: June 12, 2021, 03:11:38 PM »
The comments above is the most nuanced discussion I have seen about pony rereleases in my, admittedly, very short time on MLPArena. Bit of a breath of fresh air tbh.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: June 12, 2021, 04:16:59 PM »
The comments above is the most nuanced discussion I have seen about pony rereleases in my, admittedly, very short time on MLPArena. Bit of a breath of fresh air tbh.

Aloha chiquorita banana! Nice to see you on the arena!  :hiya:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline yourpinkoverlord

• McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: June 12, 2021, 04:21:39 PM »

Hi there Whisper! Probably not going to be super active on here (a little overwhelming) but I...exist! Haha.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: June 12, 2021, 04:47:24 PM »

Hi there Whisper! Probably not going to be super active on here (a little overwhelming) but I...exist! Haha.

Do you exist? And if so, on what plane of existence? Are there many of you? Or are you, only you? Deep stuff to contemplate.   :wonder: :silly:

Offline yourpinkoverlord

• McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: June 12, 2021, 06:20:33 PM »

Do you exist? And if so, on what plane of existence? Are there many of you? Or are you, only you? Deep stuff to contemplate.   :wonder: :silly:

:freak:  :drunk:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2376 on: June 14, 2021, 09:04:38 AM »

It's all good so long as there are cookies.

...Are there cookies?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: June 14, 2021, 05:07:12 PM »

...Are there cookies?

On this plane? Yes. On all planes? That's for the boldest of the bold to discover.  Are you ready to find those cookies?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2378 on: June 15, 2021, 10:46:51 AM »

...Are there cookies?

On this plane? Yes. On all planes? That's for the boldest of the bold to discover.  Are you ready to find those cookies?

I didn't know we were on a plane. Do I need my passport?? (runs away)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: June 15, 2021, 02:59:48 PM »

...Are there cookies?

I didn't know we were on a plane. Do I need my passport?? (runs away)

:relaxed: :whoa: :choc:

Offline sunshinedim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: June 16, 2021, 12:22:07 PM »
I don't know how unpopular this opinion is... but G4 ponies had the least appealing designs out of all the generations. I didn't like how they looked both as toys and in the animated cartoon. They barely looked like horses. G5 designs are an improvement in my opinion.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2381 on: June 16, 2021, 07:41:15 PM »
I don't know how unpopular this opinion is... but G4 ponies had the least appealing designs out of all the generations. I didn't like how they looked both as toys and in the animated cartoon. They barely looked like horses. G5 designs are an improvement in my opinion.

I think G4 ponies look cute, but I do think G5s look more like horses for sure. The faces are on about the same level of non-horsiness to me, but the G5 bodies absolutely are more horsey.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: June 18, 2021, 06:21:18 AM »
G5 isn't MLP to me. Honestly, it's everything I don't like in a nutshell. First pony gen ever that I will buy none of it. If I didn't know it was G5 and was told it was some Disney pony thing I'd believe it 100%. The faces are especially outputting. I don't like the whole idea or characters. Would of prefered the leaked art of the revamped mane 6, with maybe some new green ponies or Minty too.
At least I can focus on the G1s through G4 things I'm missing now without much new G4 stuff (sadly)
In fact I appreciate G3's line a lot more and might expand that collection.

Wouldn't call it an unpopular opinion. A lot of people seem to be having a mixed reaction  about it, as far as I can tell.

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: June 18, 2021, 10:38:36 AM »
as a kid, i had a few duplicates and was absolutely willing to play with them (usually going the sisters/twins route, i think there was an evil clone plot one time though :P) so many g3 pinkies lol.

i said it in the g5 toys thread but i think pipp's wings are super cute and it makes me think they might introduce a few different styles of wings? i do like that as a design choice even if the novelty toys don't always work as well (poor, poor flutter ponies)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: June 18, 2021, 12:09:35 PM »
as a kid, i had a few duplicates and was absolutely willing to play with them (usually going the sisters/twins route, i think there was an evil clone plot one time though :P) so many g3 pinkies lol.

i said it in the g5 toys thread but i think pipp's wings are super cute and it makes me think they might introduce a few different styles of wings? i do like that as a design choice even if the novelty toys don't always work as well (poor, poor flutter ponies)

Pipp's toy wings are very cute.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal