collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404830 times)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #690 on: December 15, 2017, 03:12:53 AM »
^ I thought she was popular too! I didn't know she was overlooked so often. She's one of my favourite ponies as well. ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 15, 2017, 05:30:48 AM »
Rainbow Curl Ringlet isn’t popular? I think she’s pretty too.

I’m surprised that G1 Twilight the unicorn isn’t more popular. When a lot of people name favorite ponies I don’t see her mentioned as much as Moondancer and Glory. Speaking of Glory, she’s not one of my favorite ponies.

In G4 I think Thorax is an interesting character and I like him much better than Duscord.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 05:33:32 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 15, 2017, 08:39:24 AM »
Ringlet is the only pony I do like in the Rainbow Curl set.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 15, 2017, 09:06:52 AM »
I'm glad other people like Ringlet too!  Ponyfan, that's true about Twilight.  It seems like the favorite unicorns are usually Moondancer, Glory, and Gusty.  I also really like Sparkler! 
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 15, 2017, 09:16:09 AM »

I’m surprised that G1 Twilight the unicorn isn’t more popular. When a lot of people name favorite ponies I don’t see her mentioned as much as Moondancer and Glory. Speaking of Glory, she’s not one of my favorite ponies.

In G4 I think Thorax is an interesting character and I like him much better than Duscord.

Ponyfan

I like Glory, but she's not my favorite.

I'll admit, I like Twilight, but never thought she would be a favorite of mine. She wasn't even on my wishlist and I traded for her on a whim. It was Instant Love people!

Mine goes:
Gusty
Twilight
Moondancer
Powder
Skyflier
Sparkler
Glory
Sunbeam

I think Skyflier is an underrated beauty.

I don't like Baby Sea Poppy. She's kinda dull.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:20:59 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 15, 2017, 09:48:10 AM »
I love Ringlet!! I really like her colours and her unique wings/symbol, I think she's gorgeous. I had no idea she was overlooked!!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 15, 2017, 10:03:13 AM »

Ponyfan

I like Glory, but she's not my favorite.

I'll admit, I like Twilight, but never thought she would be a favorite of mine. She wasn't even on my wishlist and I traded for her on a whim. It was Instant Love people!

Mine goes:
Gusty
Twilight
Moondancer
Powder
Skyflier
Sparkler
Glory
Sunbeam

I think Skyflier is an underrated beauty.

I don't like Baby Sea Poppy. She's kinda dull.

I think Baby Sea Poppy's cute but that might be because of all the fun pics that I took of her and Lilly Drop playing tricks on each other.  :lol:
Pink/white is pretty but Hasbro used that combonation many times already.

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 15, 2017, 10:09:45 AM »
Yeah, that's pretty much why I'm not fond of her. Its an overused color scheme and I'm like eh. But whatever floats your boat. I do like that one Secret Surprise pony though.

I don't care what anyone says about Puddles n Peeks symbol. That's not the wind beneath their wings and those birds are clearly out to ruin someone's day. I think its hilarious! :haha:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:17:05 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #698 on: December 15, 2017, 02:16:07 PM »

Really unpopular opinion coming up now. That name for that pony really really offends me.

Rainbow Magic is a really special pony in my childhood. I've mentioned it before, but her story over here said she could grant wishes, and I chose her when my mother was ill because I wanted to wish for her to get better. As a child, I believed Rainbow Magic granted that wish, so I consider her really precious. (That's the reason my sister bought me the Fluttershy she did to go to Japan, because Rainbow Magic has that meaning for us both).

Because of that, I really cannot stand the laziness of the naming of this pony in the US. I am not generally a fan of US names but I don't usually find them actively offensive. This one offends me because I can't stand that such a beautiful, special, meaningful pony should have been given a name that maybe took ten seconds of looking at her concept art to decide on. All of the set have pretty lazy names, but only hers really offends me. The fact that its necessary to say what set she has come from before her name just proves how unoriginal it is.

She's worth more than that, Hasbro. She's Rainbow Magic, for goodness sake!

As for the unicorns, I am on the Glory bandwagon and have been since I was about five so can't really comment on that ;)

Puddles and Peeks' symbol. LAW...you are trying to ruin these poor twins for me;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:19:02 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 15, 2017, 02:19:28 PM »

Really unpopular opinion coming up now. That name for that pony really really offends me.

Rainbow Magic is a really special pony in my childhood. I've mentioned it before, but her story over here said she could grant wishes, and I chose her when my mother was ill because I wanted to wish for her to get better. As a child, I believed Rainbow Magic granted that wish, so I consider her really precious. (That's the reason my sister bought me the Fluttershy she did to go to Japan, because Rainbow Magic has that meaning for us both).

Because of that, I really cannot stand the laziness of the naming of this set in the US. I am not generally a fan of US names but I don't usually find them actively offensive. This one offends me because I can't stand that such a beautiful, special, meaningful pony should have been given a name that maybe took ten seconds of looking at her concept art to decide on. All of the set have pretty lazy names, but only hers really offends me.

I don't want to insult your story because it's beautiful, and i understand that she means a lot to you, but for me,while Ringlet is a lazy name, Rainbow Magic seems pretty run-of-the-mill MLP, like a name someone would use in a parody.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 15, 2017, 02:37:59 PM »

Because of that, I really cannot stand the laziness of the naming of this set in the US. I am not generally a fan of US names but I don't usually find them actively offensive. This one offends me because I can't stand that such a beautiful, special, meaningful pony should have been given a name that maybe took ten seconds of looking at her concept art to decide on. All of the set have pretty lazy names, but only hers really offends me.

I don't want to insult your story because it's beautiful, and i understand that she means a lot to you, but for me,while Ringlet is a lazy name, Rainbow Magic seems pretty run-of-the-mill MLP, like a name someone would use in a parody.

I don't have a problem with your opinion of the name, it's your opinion.

I think if you have to start a post with "I don't want to insult" something, then maybe it's better thoguht and not said at that particular moment.

I didn't actually say that the name Rainbow Magic was the best name ever. Just that that was the name I identify that pony by, and it has strong connections to my childhood memories. If she's not going to be called Rainbow Magic in the US, at least US Hasbro could have made an effort to give her a name worthy of who she is, because to me she's Rainbow Magic, the pony who grants wishes. Because that's what Hasbro UK called the pony that I chose when my mother almost died, and that pony could grant wishes, and my mother survived.

So I think maybe your post was not really necessary. I mean, it's your opinion on the name, so fine, but I really think you missed my point completely, and by doing that, you did offend me.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 15, 2017, 02:42:39 PM »

I think if you have to start a post with "I don't want to insult" something, then maybe it's better thoguht and not said at that particular moment.

I didn't actually say that the name Rainbow Magic was the best name ever. Just that that was the name I identify that pony by, and it has strong connections to my childhood memories. If she's not going to be called Rainbow Magic in the US, at least US Hasbro could have made an effort to give her a name worthy of who she is, because to me she's Rainbow Magic, the pony who grants wishes. Because that's what Hasbro UK called the pony that I chose when my mother almost died, and that pony could grant wishes, and my mother survived.

So I think maybe your post was not really necessary. I mean, it's your opinion on the name, so fine, but I really think you missed my point completely, and by doing that, you did offend me.
I didn't quite thought that out...I'm sorry, it was unnecessary.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 15, 2017, 02:50:30 PM »

I didn't quite thought that out...I'm sorry, it was unnecessary.

It's ok, air cleared and we moved on. I just wanted to clarify. I'm close to my mother, and she has ongoing health problems.

I really don't mind if your unpopular opinion is not liking the UK name. We all have views on names of ponies and that's what this thread is for. It just maybe wasn't the best timing.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:52:03 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 15, 2017, 02:56:42 PM »
Taffeta, that is such a touching story. I think Rainbow Magic suits her much better than her US name.

Ponyfan

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 15, 2017, 04:57:04 PM »

Because of that, I really cannot stand the laziness of the naming of this pony in the US. I am not generally a fan of US names but I don't usually find them actively offensive. This one offends me because I can't stand that such a beautiful, special, meaningful pony should have been given a name that maybe took ten seconds of looking at her concept art to decide on. All of the set have pretty lazy names, but only hers really offends me. The fact that its necessary to say what set she has come from before her name just proves how unoriginal it is.

As for the unicorns, I am on the Glory bandwagon and have been since I was about five so can't really comment on that ;)

Puddles and Peeks' symbol. LAW...you are trying to ruin these poor twins for me;)

Moi? They put little white swirly dots directly beneath the birds butts. What am I supposed to think? XD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal