collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404646 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #660 on: December 07, 2017, 03:24:17 PM »
This one is probably really controversial and I don't mean offense to anyone who uses the term but, I hate the term pony cancer. I think its kinda, I dunno, wrong to use that word when so many have suffered or lost to it. Either directly or by proxy of a loved one.

I agree with this.

Also I don't like the sitting pose.

I can't remember if I put this in this thread, but I prefer simple ponies over ones with gimmicks.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 07, 2017, 03:34:31 PM »
I like the Soda Sippin ponies and their ice cream floats.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 07, 2017, 04:18:49 PM »

Ponyfan

They are gorgeous girls and their accessories are really fun.  But I guess Hasbro forgot what mouths were.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 05:53:20 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 07, 2017, 05:45:56 PM »
This one is probably really controversial and I don't mean offense to anyone who uses the term but, I hate the term pony cancer. I think its kinda, I dunno, wrong to use that word when so many have suffered or lost to it. Either directly or by proxy of a loved one.
I agree. I remember reading somewhere that on eBay, a buyer messaged a seller "does she have cancer" or something along the lines of that, and the seller was very hurt and shocked because she had a loved one die from actual cancer :( I feel like it is insensitive.

Ponyfan
Me too! I love their color schemes!

I'm surprised at how many people like neon yellow hair, I thought everyone hated it, haha :biggrin: I'm glad people like it :)

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #664 on: December 09, 2017, 01:11:57 AM »

I agree with this.

I can't remember if I put this in this thread, but I prefer simple ponies over ones with gimmicks.

I agree with LAW's comment and the above comments about simple ponies over gimmicks. Rainbow and TE level gimmicks though I am fine with, just I like the old school ponies better.

I also dislike the use of pony cancer. I dislike most of the terms we use for flaws because frankly they don't make sense to me and never have, I have no idea what inspired half of them. But a lot of people in my familiy have been affected by cancer. It's not an appropriate term for a plastic toy. Unfortunately just saying that won't change anything, because people have been objecting to its use for years, but it still gets used...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 09, 2017, 06:11:03 AM »
Also, my favorite G1s are Posey, Kiss Curl and Tootsie. They are underestimated yet awesome. I have a small Posey army. :blush:

Posey is so pretty, I agree that she is so underrated!
Good old Tootsie, love her colours, it would have been great to see her in another pose, though!

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 09, 2017, 03:45:10 PM »
I prefer Cascade and her green waterfall to Sprinkles and her white one. Cascade is one of my very favourite ponies and I think she is tremendously underrated/forgotten about.
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 09, 2017, 03:59:07 PM »

I agree with this.

I agree with LAW's comment and the above comments about simple ponies over gimmicks. Rainbow and TE level gimmicks though I am fine with, just I like the old school ponies better.

I also dislike the use of pony cancer. I dislike most of the terms we use for flaws because frankly they don't make sense to me and never have, I have no idea what inspired half of them. But a lot of people in my familiy have been affected by cancer. It's not an appropriate term for a plastic toy. Unfortunately just saying that won't change anything, because people have been objecting to its use for years, but it still gets used...

:( :hug:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 09, 2017, 03:59:33 PM »
I prefer Cascade and her green waterfall to Sprinkles and her white one. Cascade is one of my very favourite ponies and I think she is tremendously underrated/forgotten about.

Me too. I wish we'd gotten Cascade.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #669 on: December 09, 2017, 04:19:23 PM »

ditto, I never can find her sometimes shes so hard to find. I think shes pretty. Maybe someday I shall get her. Until then I just gaze at her beauty. Not that I like sprinkles but Cascade is just so different.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #670 on: December 09, 2017, 05:25:21 PM »

ditto, I never can find her sometimes shes so hard to find. I think shes pretty. Maybe someday I shall get her. Until then I just gaze at her beauty. Not that I like sprinkles but Cascade is just so different.

We had both but Sprinkles is a lot more common here than Cascade. :/ I don't really know why that is. It seems like they both went on sale around the same time, but I suppose we must have had more Sprinkles sets than Cascade ones...

Sprinkles was in the comics a far bit. Cascade is in one annual but never in the comics :/

I also like Cascade more :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 09, 2017, 06:31:49 PM »
:throw: gets ready to dodge fakies* I used to use the term "pony cancer" before I realized it was offensive to people and have since stopped using it.

Add me to the group that likes Cascade better than Sprinkles.  :)

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:21:36 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
« Reply #672 on: December 09, 2017, 06:50:16 PM »
- I don't like Sprinkles at ALL, she always looked like a faded Firefly to me.
- also I hate the Firefly pose.
- most of the G3 ponies after the head-turn change look awful. I've passed on ponies whose design I loved but she looked too much like a camel (RIP Daffidazey).
- G3 Chocolate Chipper seems beloved (at least on tumblr?) but I hate her! she's so generic pink-and-purple with the design being an afterthought slapped on there. I wish she had some yellows, creams, dark reds or navys, maybe brown??? worked into her design, ughh.
- if there's a nirvana pony I want, I would never be happy with a custom of her.
- I can't watch the G1 cartoon as an adult, it just has zero artistic merit and even nostalgia isn't enough to make it enjoyable for me. I think "Rescue at Midnight Castle" is pretty enjoyable for a children's 80s cartoon, it's a good sick day movie.
- don't like the G4 toy line! MLP has always been dozens and dozens of unique pony "characters" to collect, and releasing the same characters over and over isn't why I like collecting MLP. it also feels cheaply-made (that hair!).
- I just loathe FiM Pinkie Pie.

aaah that felt good to get out.
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 09, 2017, 07:57:47 PM »
*  :throw:gets ready to dodge fakies* I used to use the term "pony cancer" before I realized it was offensive to people and have since stopped using it.

^^ me too, for both comments! Hmm but what new term could we use to describe those specific brown dots?

Ah, Cascade, my surprise Christmas present one year, I never knew she/playset existed until then! I have the playset still, but Cascade is awol... I have since got a couple of replacements though  :) Yes I agree that Sprinkles does remind me of a faded Firefly!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #674 on: December 09, 2017, 08:12:46 PM »
*  :throw:gets ready to dodge fakies* I used to use the term "pony cancer" before I realized it was offensive to people and have since stopped using it.

^^ me too, for both comments! Hmm but what new term could we use to describe those specific brown dots?

We already have one, "age spots".

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal