collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404827 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #630 on: November 29, 2017, 05:52:25 PM »
Cookies to Ponyfan ;) . As a child I had 2 VHS tapes with MLP on, the one I watched most was that one and Ice Cream Wars and Revolt of PE was my favourite (and inspired my deep love of Paradise no doubt). And that random merging of buildings always confused me xD.

See, I love Sweet Scoops but not so much Sorbet Surprise (UK name). I like Sweet Scoops' pose and her symbols remind me of a scratch and sniff book I had as a kid with a scented ice cream at the end ;) I genuinely don't care for her current price value now, though. I only have her and her charm thanks to an amazing pony friend...her price is silly considering how similar the colours are between those two ponies.

(She is classier than Rapunzel though. My unpopular probably more popular opinion that has almost certainly been said earlier in the thread)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 05:55:08 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 30, 2017, 07:12:21 AM »
Lets not forget that the g1 animation committed some shocking faux pas over playsets, including how baby Cuddles entered Lullabye nursery but ended up in Paradise Estate (or vice versa) so animators are not always reliable for rhat product representation.

I've never noticed that before and now I want to rewatch the whole series to try and find it..

I found it. I had to screenshot part of the scene. :) It's from Revolt of Paradise Estate

[pics]

Ah, thanks for the pics! I'd never have noticed this, y'all have sharper eyes than me XD

(She is classier than Rapunzel though. My unpopular probably more popular opinion that has almost certainly been said earlier in the thread)

I'm with you on this one. Rapunzel's impressive, I guess (that hair!), but I can't say she appeals to me.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 02, 2017, 08:20:46 AM »
If we are talking flutter poses, I don,t like the Cloud Puff pose. I feel like she has mumps.

Haha, so true. XD Still love the pose though.

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 02, 2017, 09:51:40 AM »
All Flutters look like they have mumps
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 02, 2017, 10:18:42 AM »
Yes, when you strip away the wings and hair, the Flutters do look a little strange  :lol:

I think it is the whole combo that brings them to life - just think how lovely your otherwise-wingless Flutters look once you make them a pair of custom wings!  :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 02, 2017, 10:22:00 AM »
I like making cross-gen families.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 11:06:26 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 02, 2017, 10:33:45 AM »
All Flutters look like they have mumps

Hrm, not so much. Though I accept you might have a point with the walking pose ones...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online ZeldaTheSwordsman

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Death to Eclipse" protests DA's dumb new UI
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 02, 2017, 03:41:45 PM »
Well, judging by a bunch of comments I've seen here, I guess maybe "I really like the Honeysuckle pose and think it looks the most elegant of the Flutter poses" might be an unpopular opinion
should be perma-moderated

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 03, 2017, 01:37:35 AM »
Well, judging by a bunch of comments I've seen here, I guess maybe "I really like the Honeysuckle pose and think it looks the most elegant of the Flutter poses" might be an unpopular opinion

Haha xD Sorry ;) I actually really like the pose as well. I just never thought about it being mumpish until Pierlala commented...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 03, 2017, 07:00:53 AM »

I had fun trying to find the scene and taking the screenshots. :) I found another strange animation choice in Ghost of Paradise Estate.

I guess for me having two ponies with the same body color, hair color and symbols related to ice cream is what makes me not like Sweet Scoops as much as Sherbet although I do love the Shy/Bowtie pose  and Sweet Scoops symbol more than Sherbet's.  Maybe it's  because I got Sherbet first from a friend. I would look through the mail order pamphlets and dream about owning the ponies in them. I never sent away for the mail orders though.

On the subject of flutter ponies, I didn't know that some people dislike the alternate head (big eyes?) flutter ponies. Honeysuckle is one of my childhood ponies and when I found her in a box and posted pictures one of the first comments I got was that I had a big head/big eyes) alternate flutter.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 03, 2017, 07:24:44 AM »

I had fun trying to find the scene and taking the screenshots. :) I found another strange animation choice in Ghost of Paradise Estate.

Ponyfan

Because windows are overrated? Or all the ponies are now vampires? Or did someone tell them that that pale pink hair can fade and Posey and Lickety Split went on strike unless the windows were removed?

...I am off topic.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 03, 2017, 09:38:24 AM »

I think maybe this is not the same building as the Lullabye Nursery? Maybe. The original nursery was next to Dream Castle, and we see this pink building next to Paradise Estate. Perhaps the ponies built a new nursery next to PE after they moved there? This pink nursery kind of looks like an extension of PE with the colors and the door. We see them working on its interior in "The Ghost of Paradise Estate", and the baby ponies are sleeping at the estate, possibly because the new nursery is not ready to move into yet?

But, we also see the original Lullabye Nursery again in later episodes ("The Revolt of Paradise Estate" among them), so... I don't really know. Either way you turn it, it doesn't make sense.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 03, 2017, 07:43:38 PM »

I think maybe this is not the same building as the Lullabye Nursery? Maybe. The original nursery was next to Dream Castle, and we see this pink building next to Paradise Estate. Perhaps the ponies built a new nursery next to PE after they moved there? This pink nursery kind of looks like an extension of PE with the colors and the door. We see them working on its interior in "The Ghost of Paradise Estate", and the baby ponies are sleeping at the estate, possibly because the new nursery is not ready to move into yet?

But, we also see the original Lullabye Nursery again in later episodes ("The Revolt of Paradise Estate" among them), so... I don't really know. Either way you turn it, it doesn't make sense.

It never made sense to me that the adults slept in the castle and the babies were banished to a separate building to fend for themselves.  How did they not get kidnapped more often?  And what was with the episodes where the first tooth babies were responsible for the newborns?  I liked the idea of the nursery but I think the use of it in the cartoons made the adults look really irresponsible.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 03, 2017, 08:05:58 PM »
Rapunzel is not bad but I would never spent what she is going for! I would have to find one super cheap to get her. And we all know that will NEVER happen!

Those BBE baby ponies! I could of got them all for .99 cents each but could not do it. They just don't do it for me. :(

Sea Ponies are another one I just have never really got into. I have one for sale right now in my collection.

Never cared for the G2 ponies from day one. I have never had one in person though in my collection. I just cant fall for them.

I loved when the G3 ponies first came out! There were some that I just could not get into though. Some of those 3D ponies turned me off. When the core seven came out I was done! :(

The same goes for the G3.5 ponies. I cant get into those either! Sorry Hasbro but the G4 ponies have lost me forever! I might have four in my collection but I don't think I can do anymore.

Offline Ponyfan

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 04, 2017, 03:40:32 AM »

It never made sense to me that the adults slept in the castle and the babies were banished to a separate building to fend for themselves.  How did they not get kidnapped more often?  And what was with the episodes where the first tooth babies were responsible for the newborns?  I liked the idea of the nursery but I think the use of it in the cartoons made the adults look really irresponsible.

Come to think of it, leaving the babies alone so much in the nursery doesn't seem like such a good idea unless it's protected by magic somehow?  Maybe an adult pony stayed in the nursery with them at night?
I never understood why the cartoons decided to make Baby Quackers quack like duck after every sentence. None of the other babies do this but I always find it annoying.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal