collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404650 times)

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #570 on: October 20, 2017, 07:25:15 AM »
I don't watch the g4 tv show.. So I have no idea what the heck is going on xD I mean I've seen a few episodes of I guess "the first season" (before Twilight's wings), but that's been about it.. However if there's ever a bluray collection with all the epis, then I might possibly get it.. And I'd still like to see the new movie, on bluray more than likely (but that could be due to it looking like a traditionally animated film which has me all excited).
Though I did see a page or so of the comic in a google search once, and it did intrigue me quite a bit (it actually looked pretty good!), though I imagine there's probably more depth in the comics than the tv show..
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 07:27:37 AM by Bebopgroove »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 20, 2017, 09:39:10 AM »
I don't watch the g4 tv show.. So I have no idea what the heck is going on xD I mean I've seen a few episodes of I guess "the first season" (before Twilight's wings), but that's been about it.. However if there's ever a bluray collection with all the epis, then I might possibly get it.. And I'd still like to see the new movie, on bluray more than likely (but that could be due to it looking like a traditionally animated film which has me all excited).
Though I did see a page or so of the comic in a google search once, and it did intrigue me quite a bit (it actually looked pretty good!), though I imagine there's probably more depth in the comics than the tv show..

Exact same thing with me - you are not alone, lol  :biggrin:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline RavenPaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 20, 2017, 09:49:51 AM »
I don't pay any attention to the G4 show or any of the cannon information about the characters.  For a long time I hated G4 completely but now it's grown on me and I collect the toys and make up my own imaginary world for them.  I'm into them now but I still have no interest in the show.  I think that's a pretty weird opinion?

I'm not crazy about G1 seaponies, I would prefer "merpony" or hippocampus type ponies, like the new G4 seaponies.

I'm not really into nirvana ponies, I think a lot of them look like knockoffs.  (even though I know they are not!) *dodges fakies thrown at her*

I don't think there are enough male ponies so I make up my own, turning some female ponies into males, in all generations.  (Some examples, Majesty, Skydancer, Skyflier, Masquerade, G2 Sunsparkle, Kimono, G3 Rainbow Dash)

I like that some babies don't match the species of their parents and/or have other differences.  Like some of the TAF babies and some others.  It makes them unique and shows variation.

I like Mimic's shade of green and I want her really bad because I think she's pretty, not because she is rare.

I'm sure I have some other weird opinions but those are what I can think of right now.  XD
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 20, 2017, 11:36:47 AM »
I dont mind ponies with buzz cuts, I have a speedy with one , and a slightly broken horn to boot. I will keep them that way. I even have a winger with a haircut, gonna leave her that way.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 20, 2017, 12:14:13 PM »
I dont mind ponies with buzz cuts, I have a speedy with one , and a slightly broken horn to boot. I will keep them that way. I even have a winger with a haircut, gonna leave her that way.

Yes, I agree, some of the ponies actually look pretty cool with their punky, shortened manes, especially the rainbow-haired ones  :thumb:

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 20, 2017, 03:04:56 PM »

I'm not really into nirvana ponies, I think a lot of them look like knockoffs.  (even though I know they are not!)

I don't think there are enough male ponies so I make up my own, turning some female ponies into males, in all generations. 

I'm totally with you on these two.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 21, 2017, 01:55:26 AM »
I don't pay any attention to the G4 show or any of the cannon information about the characters.  For a long time I hated G4 completely but now it's grown on me and I collect the toys and make up my own imaginary world for them.  I'm into them now but I still have no interest in the show.  I think that's a pretty weird opinion?

I do watch and enjoy the show, but my G4 ponies also have their own personalities, names and imaginary world to live in which has nothing to do with the show. After all, that's what people did with other generations before it became All About The Show, so why not?
E.g. I have a Rainbow Dash brushable who is a special favourite of mine. Her name is Marcella and she's a caring, occasionally slightly bossy pony who wants to be a nurse. Also my G4 ponies live in the same imaginary world that I made up for my other pony generations.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #577 on: October 21, 2017, 12:03:23 PM »
I don't think there are enough male ponies so I make up my own, turning some female ponies into males, in all generations.  (Some examples, Majesty, Skydancer, Skyflier, Masquerade, G2 Sunsparkle, Kimono, G3 Rainbow Dash)

This definitely isn't unpopular! Lots of people make up their own characters for their ponies that can include personalities, backstories, giving them families, changing genders, etc.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 26, 2017, 10:32:28 AM »

Not weird at all! I'm the same way :) Not interested in the show but love the toys.

I like that some babies don't match the species of their parents and/or have other differences.  Like some of the TAF babies and some others.  It makes them unique and shows variation.

This!!!

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #579 on: October 27, 2017, 12:19:14 PM »
I like Mimic's shade of green and I want her really bad because I think she's pretty, not because she is rare.

I'm with you on this. :) Well, she isn't exctly on the top of my wantlist, but I think she's one of the prettiest unicorns out there!

I also agree on the non-matching babies and parents - as long as there is some element that connects the designs, I'm happy.

Hmm, what else could I think of... there are some poses I really like which don't seem too popular, such as Mimic's pose and the G3 "donkey" pose.

While Gusty is my favourite pony and sort of an army pony for me, I'm not interested in the Reverse version (whether she's genuine or not). I just think she looks better with green as the main hair colour. :shrug:

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 27, 2017, 01:21:18 PM »
I third not caring if the babies match the adults. In fact, I often wish the families sold together had more variety to them.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 27, 2017, 02:09:30 PM »
In my childhood collection Baby Palm Tree was Pina Coloda’s baby. Since Baby Palm Tree has wings I pretended that she inherited them from her father, also a pegasus.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 27, 2017, 04:25:46 PM »
In my childhood collection Baby Palm Tree was Pina Coloda’s baby. Since Baby Palm Tree has wings I pretended that she inherited them from her father, also a pegasus.

Ponyfan

They'd be adorable!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 28, 2017, 08:50:27 AM »
Ooooh I thought of one. I  don't like the dancing butterflies pose like. At all. There is not a single pony in that pose that I want. It just looks awkward to me somehow.

Offline applejackbunny

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 30, 2017, 03:02:33 PM »
Ooooh I thought of one. I  don't like the dancing butterflies pose like. At all. There is not a single pony in that pose that I want. It just looks awkward to me somehow.

Lol, I think I read somewhere that this pose is known as the "broken neck pose"... I personally like it but I think there are plenty who don't, judging from that description of it!  :lol:
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal