collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 407497 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #420 on: July 26, 2017, 08:10:56 AM »
*gets ready to doge fakies*

I liked the episode where Twilight became a princess. It reminded me of a Broadway musical with all the songs.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 26, 2017, 09:08:44 AM »

I liked the episode where Twilight became a princess. It reminded me of a Broadway musical with all the songs.

Ponyfan

I actually agree with you.  I didn't really care whether or not she became a princess but there are a lot of great songs. :)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #422 on: July 26, 2017, 09:18:00 AM »

Ponyfan

I agree, I really like FiM's music, so having a musical episode was very fun. Same goes for the one where the CMC got their marks.

Plus Twilight is my favorite, so it was really neat seeing her achieve something like becoming a princess.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 26, 2017, 09:42:54 AM »

Ponyfan

Agreed with you. Sorry pony fan, no fakies today.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 26, 2017, 12:16:49 PM »
I don't think it's an unpopular opinion to like magical mystery cure. People loved to hate on it in the beginning, but now that Twilight has been a princess for the majority of seasons, people don't really care anymore :P

My unpopular opinion is that I don't like TEs at all. I can't shake the feeling that their eyes just lack pupils!

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 26, 2017, 03:19:56 PM »
I find BBE ponies absolutely adorable , I like that creepy doll eye look to them.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 27, 2017, 04:40:43 AM »
I don't think it's an unpopular opinion to like magical mystery cure. People loved to hate on it in the beginning, but now that Twilight has been a princess for the majority of seasons, people don't really care anymore :P
It was definitely an unpopular opinion in the beginning, like you said, especially in the brony fandom.  If this counts, I still have a sort of unpopular opinion on it, because I was one of the few people who were sold on Princess Twilight Sparkle the second it happened (in hindsight, it's kind of strange that people hated it for the reasons they did, in my opinion).

Here's a couple of mine about the same thing (I think I'm in the minority with these opinions); I like the art-style for the new movie, and I honestly can't see that much difference between it an the normal G4 art-style at all (to me it just looks like they chose something different enough for the movie, but mostly the same so it's still familiar).
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 27, 2017, 05:30:55 AM »

I liked it, too. I'm also very ok with Twilight being an alicorn. At first I was rolling my eyes at it but now it all makes sense to me. Especially with Celestia taking on more than one student. Also I think Twilight's name and color works really well with Celestia's and Luna's.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #428 on: July 27, 2017, 09:12:59 AM »
The more I read threads on the site I'm starting to see that another one of my opinions in unpopular: I really like the G4.5/G4 reboot ponies.

I was mixed on them at first when I just had the single Twilight, I had gotten her not just because she is my favorite FiM character but also because she has a closed mouth, but after getting the single Pinkie Pie and Rarity, both of which have open mouths, I love the open mouthed ones too. Pinkie Pie especially. Her pose and facial expression just scream "Pinkie Pie" to me, they did a great job at applying her personality to this toy. Pinkie Pie is probably my favorite of the 3 G4.5s I currently own.

Beyond that, I really appreciate that we've got more poses now. G4s are cute but the lack of poses was something that I wasn't a huge fan of. We still have some G4.5s with basic standing poses, but we have more beyond that which feels very refreshing.

I went from being mixed on G4.5s to absolutely loving them and I'm very excited to get more as time goes on!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 30, 2017, 02:17:51 AM »
This is more of a childhood opinion, but I'm still posting it. :P When I was a child and watched the show, I was always annoyed that there always HAD to be some villain. Something dramatic always HAD to happen. I just wanted to be in Ponyland, I just wanted to watch ponies being ponies! Why must some stupid villain always show up and ruin everything? :sneaky:

I guess I wasn't very adventurous. XD

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #430 on: July 30, 2017, 11:14:30 AM »
This is more of a childhood opinion, but I'm still posting it. :P When I was a child and watched the show, I was always annoyed that there always HAD to be some villain. Something dramatic always HAD to happen. I just wanted to be in Ponyland, I just wanted to watch ponies being ponies! Why must some stupid villain always show up and ruin everything? :sneaky:

I guess I wasn't very adventurous. XD

I relate to this! Not especially with ponies but with a lot of things. I like character moments that bring out the nuances between characters in things, rather than big all power action finales...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 30, 2017, 01:38:42 PM »
Glad to hear I'm not alone in this! :D

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 30, 2017, 01:49:12 PM »
Watching the G1 movies and TV show have been a fantastic treat. Didn't watch any of them when I was a kid and only had the G1 ponies. So that did affect how I viewed their personalities. A Very Minty Christmas is so quirky I love it.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 30, 2017, 07:44:36 PM »
I don't understand why everyone is so enamored with A Very Minty Christmas (or any G3 cartoon for that matter).  I thought all the G3 cartoons were terrible.

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 31, 2017, 06:39:02 AM »
I don't understand why everyone is so enamored with A Very Minty Christmas (or any G3 cartoon for that matter).  I thought all the G3 cartoons were terrible.
Personally, I'd say you just have to come at them with the right mindset. They're not fantastic high-budget theatrical releases, but they're cute and charming. Not everyone has to like them, but it helps if you don't take them too seriously ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal