collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 407111 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #405 on: July 23, 2017, 12:36:54 PM »
Wait is he the one that says flapdoodle? Or is that Fireball?

I don't like Surprise, Baby Surprise, Honeycomb or Baby Honeycomb.

I think Steamer's hair looks better faded to white.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #406 on: July 23, 2017, 12:43:52 PM »
Wait is he the one that says flapdoodle? Or is that Fireball?
Fireball. Lightning is the one that winks in and out and flirts with Confetti when she's babysitting.

I like Honeycomb better than Surprise. And it literally has nothing to do with the fact one was sold here and the other not, because both were in the comics when I was a kid and I didn't know that one wasn't sold here until I was an adult collector. But I have just become really fond of Honeycomb over the years :/

And now a really weird and Taffeta-esque one.

I like pony backcards more than Nirvana ponies and I consider them more special, as they are less likely to be preserved than the ponies themselves.
If you gave me a choice between owning an original example of every G1 backcard made, or owning every Nirvana Pony ever made, I would take the packages. Without hesitation. And I have at least 2 carded Nirvana ponies in my collection which I bought for the card style, not because of the pony...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 12:45:50 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #407 on: July 23, 2017, 01:25:36 PM »
I love all ponies with tinsel or glitter. You have a sparkly pony? Im going to love it!

I also love so softs. I remember when I started collecting I thought they looked kinda.. Well, not my thing. But once I got one in a lot, I instantly fell in love. SS ponies with good flocking are so adorable!

I dont really care about baby ponies. They're ok, I will keep them if they come in a lot, but I would probably never buy them. Unless we are talking about jewellery babies..  :lookround:

Offline KottonKandy

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 24, 2017, 09:09:04 PM »
I hate Moondancer's pose, I love BBEs, and I think 90% of nirvana ponies are ugly.

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 24, 2017, 09:17:52 PM »
I don't like G3 Spike... I didn't realize this was an unpopular opinion until reading about how much people liked him. XD G1 Spike for life.

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #410 on: July 25, 2017, 12:34:55 AM »
I have a hard enough time remembering the names of ponies i already have but the last page really made me feel like I need to study up; I didn't recognize a whole lot of things that went by and I'm going to look them all up.

G1 Spike is awesome and I especially love Spike and the Magic Shoes and really all the 2d G1 artwork....it's just so sweet and wonderful ands simple and pastel.  Like nothing else.

I almost always like the UK names better than the US names (that can't be unpopular though, Taffeta?) and at first I thought ALL nirvana ponies were ugly from the first ones I saw, but some are absolutely stunning! oh wait that's not unpopular either i don't think.  I agree Taffeta that the back-cards are wonderful....not just the stupidly sweet and/or confusing and ambiguous things written on them, but that 2d pony art is most precious.

here's a G3 one:  I just couldn't believe Minty wouldn't quit touching the giant candy cane!  I was practically falling out of my chair with angst saying stop messing with it, stop stop! so cringey and this might be my first time using the word "cringey" which has gotten suddenly popular somehow.  A word that is itself.

I love sparkle ponies and glitter (when stable) and especially the glow ponies but I don't like tinsel...it's usually messed up and it's just so ugly once it's bad.  Even when it's in good shape, it doesn't fall together with the hair and I can't seem to style it...and when I decided to cut all the tinsel out of Pony Bride, I found out how many tinsels there really are in there...took forever.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 25, 2017, 06:26:03 AM »
I love all ponies with tinsel or glitter. You have a sparkly pony? Im going to love it!

I also love so softs. I remember when I started collecting I thought they looked kinda.. Well, not my thing. But once I got one in a lot, I instantly fell in love. SS ponies with good flocking are so adorable!

I dont really care about baby ponies. They're ok, I will keep them if they come in a lot, but I would probably never buy them. Unless we are talking about jewellery babies..  :lookround:

So-softs are a pretty popular set.

Offline Eldarwen

• View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #412 on: July 25, 2017, 08:31:06 AM »

Depends who you ask I guess, I had some serious trouble selling my so softs when I sold my collection, unlike everything else. I even got a comment on one that asked for a discount because it's an ugly pony. It was a near mint condition pony, if not mint. :lol: I think they're cute though!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 25, 2017, 10:04:25 AM »

Depends who you ask I guess, I had some serious trouble selling my so softs when I sold my collection, unlike everything else. I even got a comment on one that asked for a discount because it's an ugly pony. It was a near mint condition pony, if not mint. :lol: I think they're cute though!
No they're pretty popular. In fact I'd say they're the one of the most popular and best known G1 sets period. Right up there with Twinkle Eyes, Big Brothers, Collector Ponies and Rainbow Ponies.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:06:09 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #414 on: July 25, 2017, 11:07:27 AM »
I think the SS ponies are what we'd say in the UK were like marmite - people love them or hate them. Though why would that buyer want to buy an ugly pony? So cheeky to ask for a discount ;) you didn't design the pony :D
I love SS ponies too. I would love to have more of them MOC but they weren't sold here so it would mean a lot more importing.

I also like sparkly and tinselly ponies. And I don't hate tinsel in pony hair which I know a lot of people do, even though it goes ratty. I hate it in Jem doll hair on Jetta, but not on ponies. Weirdly.

(Especially those ponies with tricolor tinsel like Taffeta and Twinkler <3)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Hannah66665

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Fakies are people too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 25, 2017, 11:10:51 AM »
I love tinsel in pony hair.  :lol: I can totally understand why it would frustrate people though.

Grail of all Grails: Brazilian pegasus Truly. :heart:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #416 on: July 25, 2017, 11:23:30 AM »
I have mixed feelings on tinsel. I think the amount added for G1 and G3 ponies (I don't have any tinsel G2s so I'm not sure on them) is perfect. But I feel like they add a little too much in G4s, leading it to look more messy when a pony has even slightly frizzy hair.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 25, 2017, 11:48:16 AM »
I think G3 may have gone a bit overboard on tinsel. We've got several ponies who seems like they're more tinsel then hair. Feels all plasticky  and crunchy.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 11:50:04 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 25, 2017, 03:21:02 PM »
I don't like G3 Spike... I didn't realize this was an unpopular opinion until reading about how much people liked him. XD G1 Spike for life.

-high fives- I don't like him, either XD

(I hate G4 Spike, too, while we're on the subject.)

Offline Eldarwen

• View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #419 on: July 26, 2017, 03:01:34 AM »
I think the SS ponies are what we'd say in the UK were like marmite - people love them or hate them. Though why would that buyer want to buy an ugly pony? So cheeky to ask for a discount ;) you didn't design the pony :D

Thats exactly what I meant. :D And at least in Finland, me or my friends never even knew so soft existed. Never saw them in any stores as a kid. Only heard about them as an adult, and they looked so weird. It wasnt how ponies were supposed to look!  :lol: To be honest, I only knew about Tropical ponies, rainbow ponies and some baby ponies. Never saw any others at toy stores. I had absolutely no idea there were so many of them.

About the buyer wanting to buy an ugly pony, apparently it was the only one she was missing or something like that. I didnt really ask. :D She ended up buying it with the price I was asking anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal