collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 407114 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #390 on: July 21, 2017, 03:39:37 PM »
I think that's the thing I don't like about the concept. It's the godmode power level involved. It's not related to G4 at all, actually. As a child I did design a whole set of ponies with horns and wings but none of them were stupid powerful. And I didn't know the word alicorn so I called them unipegs. I was about eight?

But I have always hated overpowered characters or concepts. And having horn AND wings seems a bit too much. (I agree that Gold Lily is beautiful though).

I don't hate the physical features of an alicorn exactly, but the idea of superiority or perfection they tend to represent. Another reason I loved the comic so much, because often the ponies who had special tricks didn't have to be unicorns. I like the idea that anyone can have a special talent or trick but nobody should have all the answers.

So if yours is an unpopular opinion, Carrehz, I'm there on the lonely lilypad with you on this ;)

I don't think I have ever seen Lily Lightly in real life. I am sort of put off by the photos, but because she looks so different I sort of admire her for being unique and 'herself' in her style among all the others following the mainstream G3 trends ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 21, 2017, 03:49:12 PM »
Yeah I don't care about their hyper powers. It's like becoming one makes you become super Saiyan. They even change their hair-dos!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 21, 2017, 03:50:27 PM »
Yeah I don't care about their hyper powers. It's like becoming one makes you become super Saiyan. They even change their hair-dos!

Yep, that lesser known omnipotent power of the alicorn, HAIRDRESSING xD

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 21, 2017, 04:00:51 PM »

Yep, that lesser known omnipotent power of the alicorn, HAIRDRESSING xD

:lol:

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 22, 2017, 09:34:26 AM »
I have a disagreement with myself over unicorns and pegasi in G3. On the one hand I wish they'd made more of them and on the other hand I think it was a good idea making them more special to kids and collectors.
When they finally joined the ponies in year two everyone wanted to have them even though some of their designs aren't the most creative. So many of them with generic flower symbols but you know what I mean. It's a G3 curse in general but the Earth ponies had more variation simply because there were so many of them.

So... I'm actually ok with fewer pegasi and unicorns in G3. Just would have liked to see cooler designs.

I also enjoyed Star Catcher and Rarity so much and wished they would introduce a wise pegasus and a spunky unicorn who doesn't want to be a princess WITHOUT turning evil in G4.
Imagine a storyline where Celestia chooses a new apprentice but she doesn't give a damn about her powers and would rather have fun like a normal kid. Probably too risque in G4's Disney-esque goal to highlight how amazing being a princess is  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:36:49 AM by Zapper »

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #395 on: July 23, 2017, 12:13:39 AM »
I haven't read this thread in many pages but seems I have missed out on some interesting topics and I have some opinions on some of them.

I really like Lauren Faust and from the first half of her interview in the Art of Equestria book (I say the first half because like G1 I haven't viewed the second half....hm attention span issues I should examine) I gather that she was a driving creative force in FiM in the beginning and she seems humble (not like so many seem to like to think of her) and I like her other stuff including Powerpuff Girls (though I haven't seen too much of them) and especially the well-hated Double Rainboom fan episode where Rainbow Dash ends up in the Powerpuff Girls universe and they try to "keep" her.  It's just so much fun.  Well there's plenty of unpopular opinions in this paragraph and since that's the topic, if you disagree then I'm on topic.  :silly:

I really love Lily Lightly especially because of her mechanical eyelids and I think her dress covers up a great symbol too so I took mine off.  Its tulle was tattered anyway.  Eventually I'm going to re-route her LED power to some LED baubles on her pigtail ties, yes of COURSE her hair is in pigtails (twintails to some of you) because that's how I like all hair best. 

Oh yes I really like alicorns (by any name) just because ponies look good with all the extra features.  I don't think even Tia and Luna are "godlike", as several complain they are underpowered and constantly defeated.  I also really don't think ponies are overpowered, because there are plenty of overpowered opponents they have to contend with like wizards, the Glass Princess, Discord and the Sirens, and I like clash and confrontation in my sweet innocent pony cartoons and it would just be lame if they had to grovel their way out of things without having the punch they need to win.  Besides, they're all underpowered anyway as they needed the Elements, cooperation from the opponents, or solving puzzles etc to prevail and can't just out-power any crisis.  They're simply not overpowered.  Not saying anyone is wrong, this is my seemingly-unpopular opinion.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 23, 2017, 09:48:40 AM »
I love the Valenshy and Fizzy Pop poses. They're so cute.

I don't care for Lambaditsa, her colors are boring.

Lightning is the only mountain boy I don't like. Orange and yellow is just bleh to me.

I love electronic and vehicle symbols. Tug's ship, Starhopper's flying saucer, the DnP pony with the headphones, (I can never remember her name.) Baby Racer's race car, 4-Speed's truck, DJ's stereo.

I don't like 4-Speed's name, it's weird.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:33:57 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 23, 2017, 10:18:20 AM »
I love electronic and vehicle symbols. Tug's ship, Starhopper's flying saucer, the DnP pony with the headphones, (I can never remember her name.) Baby Racer's race car, 4-Speed's truck, DJ's stereo.

I'm with you on these :D I prefer 4-Speed's UK name, "Trucker". Still not the best name, admittedly, but not as weird as his US one.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 23, 2017, 10:44:55 AM »

I'm with you on these :D I prefer 4-Speed's UK name, "Trucker". Still not the best name, admittedly, but not as weird as his US one.

Haha! If 4-Speed had a red streak instead of pink, he and Optimus could be buddies.

Speaking of red streaks, I hate the term show accurate, buuut in a hypocritical twist, I really, really wish Whizzer and Buttons had red in their hair like the cartoon.

I like chartreuse and neon colors.

I like most of the second set of princess ponies and their symbols. Princess Sunbeam is the only one I don't like in that entire group.

It kinda bugs me that so many celestial themed ponies are bright or pastel colored. I mean, I absolutely adore my Galaxy and Twilight and I think Midnight Dreams is stunning, but I wish more of them were dark blues, whites, black, grays and dark purples and I don't get how Princess Moondust is yellow and bright pink, pretty as she is. What do those colors hafta do with the moon?

I don't like Princess Twilight Sparkle, her colors are boring.

I hate pink ponies with yellow hair, but I love G3 ponies Forsythia and Tea Leaf. They're so pretty!

I like Melody.

I think MLP as a whole has a history of Meh songs, sprinkled in with a few good ones and a few awful ones.

I think G3 has the prettiest and best composed songs, way better then most of both G1 cartoons and G4s.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:52:10 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 23, 2017, 10:55:27 AM »
Talking about songs, even though i think g4 has the best songs, i really think the quality of them went down after season 5.There are a few good songs in season 6 and 7, but most are forgettable.
Also, even though i think a lot of g3 songs are rather forgettable, Far Apart is one of the most beautiful song MLP ever had.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 23, 2017, 10:58:53 AM »
Talking about songs, even though i think g4 has the best songs, i really think the quality of them went down after season 5.There are a few good songs in season 6 and 7, but most are forgettable.
Also, even though i think a lot of g3 songs are rather forgettable, Far Apart is one of the most beautiful song MLP ever had.

Yeah that one kinda reminds me of Somewhere Out There. :)

Have you heard MLP  Tales Sweet Music? It's really pretty.

I don't get the love for Peachy.

I think NBBE Baby Half-Note is such an underrated and pretty little girl.

I don't like Baby Northern Lights colors.

Pegasus Bluebell is much prettier then Earth Bluebell.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 11:02:30 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 23, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »

Yep i've heard Sweet Music, i'm currently watching Tales.I like the song, my only problem with it is that the character for who being a rockstar is the main character trait makes music so light that it makes Imagine Dragons sound like death metal compared to it

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 23, 2017, 11:20:27 AM »

Yep i've heard Sweet Music, i'm currently watching Tales.I like the song, my only problem with it is that the character for who being a rockstar is the main character trait makes music so light that it makes Imagine Dragons sound like death metal compared to it

:snicker:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 23, 2017, 12:10:33 PM »
Melody's unpopular? :o I love her, she's my favourite Tales girl.

I love Baby Half Note, too :) She was one of my first G1s!

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 23, 2017, 12:32:33 PM »
*flies her little UK name flag at the mention of Trucker*

(No, I don't ever give up ;))

I am ambivalent about G1 songs. It depends on two things. If they went into my brain as a child, like the ones from Revolt of PE, then I am fine. But I hate off-key notes, so a lot of G1 pony songs have moments when trolls or Spike or a baby pony sings flat and I wince. I like songs if the characters can sing.

I like Tales songs better but nothing beats the Jem songs. The opening song from A Very Minty Christmas beats most original series G1 animation songs.

The Italian G1 theme is better than the American/English one.

Nightmare Moon is ten times cooler in Japanese (and I don't even like G4, but you know, fascinated curiosity).

Commenting on LAW's remark about Lightning, I love him, he's always been my favourite because of his comic persona, but he always has reminded me of cheese.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal