collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404850 times)

Offline AnWren

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
  • Ren - 18 - he/him - I collect G3's (not a brony)
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #315 on: June 25, 2017, 04:25:36 AM »
Ahh to be honest I REALLY dislike G4's  :( I don't mind the animations I suppose, but I honestly think the toys just look quite cheap and carelessly made. And there's so many duplicates? Like they're the exact same pony but with maybe a different colour scheme, I don't get it. No shame for liking them, they just aren't my taste.
G3.5's also make me cringe xD I can't even give a reason for it, just nope.
Then again, while G3's are my FAVS they're also not always perfect. Sometimes the animations make me cringe too.
I don't know why so many people don't like 3D cutie marks either but I LOVE THEM.

Post Merge: June 25, 2017, 04:38:01 AM

It personally irritates me that people swap genders. I would never argue with them over it, because they're not my toys and that's just rude, but it bugs me all the same.

Do you mean when people just do it with their own ponies? I guess I do it sometimes, since I grew up with G3's and honestly I don't think I remember ANY boy ponies xD so as a kid I sort of assumed at least some of them were and genuinely though that certain ones were boys, so I never quite got out of the habit aha.. as a collecter that's a boy it's kind of just nice to think of a few as not being girls, makes them sort of more relatable I feel- not trying to take away from the original characters or anything!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 04:38:01 AM by AnWren »

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #316 on: June 25, 2017, 05:24:34 PM »
I guess this is unpopular but, I only think girl ponies; girls and boy ponies; boys. I dont try to make them different genders. Someone tried to bully me into their way of thinking I was like nope. I also dont care for G2s. I think they look like deer. Though I do like their colors that is about all.

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+152)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #317 on: June 25, 2017, 06:55:25 PM »
Well I love all g1 ponies except TAKARA ponies from Japan....they look like soulless teddy bears and Definitely do not make me think of my Little Ponies

G3.5 terrible body molds...bleh

Oh yeah love big Macintosh from fim reminds of big brothers!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 07:00:15 PM by wizzer218 »

lostpony

« Reply #318 on: June 25, 2017, 10:55:52 PM »

I had no idea that there was a pony spacesuit. Does it come with a little helmet?

It does indeed :D. That's the piece I still have never managed to get hold of :( I imagine it looks really cute. That set of outfits is the most ridiculous. But I love the idea of sending a pony into space...

I saw a picture of the G1 spacesuit ponywear, it's adorable!  Not very well sealed though...seems pony rumps are vacuum-proof.

Since I think you don't watch FiM, Taffeta, you probably have not seen Rainbow Dash's Nightmare Night astronaut costume (which is super cute):
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mlly

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 25, 2017, 10:57:34 PM »
I don't know how unpopular this is since it looks like there's a few other people who also share this opinion, but it might seem controversial outside of MLP collector spaces.
I just feel like letting it out again.

I genuinely want for G4 to finally, and completely, -END-

I can't deny that it was G4 that got me into ponies in the first place, but G4's appeal to me lasted for only a short time as the brand and its marketing has become so warped and far removed from what made me fall in love with ponies in the first place.

Well I love all g1 ponies except TAKARA ponies from Japan....they look like soulless teddy bears and Definitely do not make me think of my Little Ponies

G3.5 terrible body molds...bleh

Oh yeah love big Macintosh from fim reminds of big brothers!!

I find Takara ponies ugly too.
Which is why I don't really get why they're so sought after either...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:00:58 PM by mlly »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 26, 2017, 09:26:35 AM »
I think it's dumb that ponies earn their symbols these days and that it's given such importance in their society and that they are essentially locked into a job for the rest of their lives. We've had 3 generations where they were born with it, so what happened exactly? What would they think of ponies who were born with it?  What would they think of pony races/species not born with it at all like sea ponies or Bright Valley ponies? Why did Breezies and Merponies go from having them to not having them?

I like the Bubblefish, Daffidazey, Quackers and Periwinkle poses. I like rearing poses in all gens and wish we'd gotten more in G1 and G3. Wish they'd made boys in rearing poses too.

I wish we'd gotten laying down ponies. I know people might complain that they aren't good for play, but that didn't stop us from playing with any pose that just stands there.

Alot of people say that older gens have more pose variety then this one, yeah it is true, but a lot of those poses are standing poses. Lofty, Bowtie, Waterfire, Sweetberry Steamer, Wysteria. They outstrip the walking, rearing, sitting and running poses.

I think the prices for pony hats and crowns are ridiculous. Yeah I get it, kids tend to lose little things like that, but $10-$20 or pushing a pony's price as high up as $70 just because they've got their hat is outrageous!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:03:30 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 26, 2017, 09:38:29 AM »
I think it's dumb that ponies earn their symbols these days and that it's given such importance in their society. We had 3 generations where they were born with it, so what happened exactly? What would they think of ponies who were born with it. What would they think of pony races/species not born with it at all like sea ponies or Bright Valley ponies? Why did Breezies and Merponies go from having them to not having them?

I think FIM does put too much emphasis on earing a cutie mark and how it determines a pony's place is society. What is a pony got a cutie mark they didn't like are they stuck forever doing that talent?

I always wondered if Hasbro had plans for Baby Ember's symbol later on but then dropped the idea when they decided to only focus on ponies that were being sold at the time in the cartoons. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 26, 2017, 10:02:46 AM »
Well one version of Baby Ember does have a star.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 26, 2017, 10:05:33 AM »

I had no idea that there was a pony spacesuit. Does it come with a little helmet?

It does indeed :D. That's the piece I still have never managed to get hold of :( I imagine it looks really cute. That set of outfits is the most ridiculous. But I love the idea of sending a pony into space...

I saw a picture of the G1 spacesuit ponywear, it's adorable!  Not very well sealed though...seems pony rumps are vacuum-proof.

Since I think you don't watch FiM, Taffeta, you probably have not seen Rainbow Dash's Nightmare Night astronaut costume (which is super cute):

WHY CANT THIS BE A REAL PONY WEAR OUTFIT!

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 26, 2017, 10:08:16 AM »
I think FIM does put too much emphasis on earing a cutie mark and how it determines a pony's place is society. What is a pony got a cutie mark they didn't like are they stuck forever doing that talent?

I think the idea is that if the pony didn't like doing it, it wouldn't be their special talent...which is, of course, silly. Plenty of people are talented at things they wouldn't want to do all the time. I love music and have a knack for it but I'd never want it to be a job.

I also agree that cutie marks being connected to that pony's specific place in society is a bit irksome, but for different reasons -- I feel like before that was established as lore, Hasbro felt a bit more free to just create symbols that looked nice since they didn't necessarily have to mean anything. What would the deal with Twice as Fancy ponies be? Would they be mega-ultra-talented? Would Munchy's talent be making excellent fast food? 
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #325 on: June 26, 2017, 10:12:09 AM »
That reminds me of something that annoys me, which is when people describe the G4 pose with one front leg bent as "the walking pose".  That is NOT a walking pose.  The other three feet are planted flat on the ground and none of the other legs are bent; the pony is not walking.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 26, 2017, 12:02:03 PM »
Yeah, the symbol thing bothers me too, especially since it's inconsistent. It's a decent idea, but then they don't really seem to do anything with it, from what I've seen/heard of the show? What -does- happen if a pony 'rejects' their ~special talent~? Plus then it opens up plot holes (how come Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara's symbols just happen to match their names, what the heck kind of talent does a spoon symbolize, etc), plus some of them just don't make sense (I know Bon Bon/Sweetie Drops' symbol was just picked at random and her personality came later, but what does being a secret agent have to do with candy? o-O). Plus yeah, it does feel kinda limiting at times.

Why did Breezies and Merponies go from having them to not having them?

This really bothers me, too!!!! How come only "normal" ponies get symbols now? (And why does Zecora have one anyway, in spite of that?)

and omg, lying down ponies would be so cute!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 26, 2017, 02:03:01 PM »
That reminds me of something that annoys me, which is when people describe the G4 pose with one front leg bent as "the walking pose".  That is NOT a walking pose.  The other three feet are planted flat on the ground and none of the other legs are bent; the pony is not walking.

Your post made me happy.

Post Merge: June 26, 2017, 02:07:32 PM

I think the idea is that if the pony didn't like doing it, it wouldn't be their special talent...which is, of course, silly. Plenty of people are talented at things they wouldn't want to do all the time. I love music and have a knack for it but I'd never want it to be a job.

I also agree that cutie marks being connected to that pony's specific place in society is a bit irksome, but for different reasons -- I feel like before that was established as lore, Hasbro felt a bit more free to just create symbols that looked nice since they didn't necessarily have to mean anything. What would the deal with Twice as Fancy ponies be? Would they be mega-ultra-talented? Would Munchy's talent be making excellent fast food?

Well some might get tired of it eventually, what if they wanted to do something else later?

Munchy secretly took over McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's and Weinerschnitzel. She's sitting there amidst her multi-million dollar corporation, firing people left and right with a distinctly creepy Mr. Burns voice.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:08:12 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 26, 2017, 02:41:56 PM »
I always forget about Ember with a star symbol.  I think G1 and G3 were more creative with symbols and the emphasis on it being so important in G4 does become tiring. It took way to long for the CMC to earn their cutie marks.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 26, 2017, 04:05:18 PM »
Ooooh, don't even get me started on the CMC's symbols :stressed: It took them THAT long to get them and then they're basically all the same, kinda ugly, and don't even look match their body colours?!? >___<!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal