collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404551 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #255 on: April 22, 2017, 02:34:15 PM »
(off-topic but Cswift, I love your sig! Pinkie Cooper :heart::heart:)

I prefer pink-haired ponies to be unfaded, but I do love that "in-between" colour they get sometimes.. not quite white yet but not pink either, just sort of both and neither at the same time, shimmery with pinker patches here and there.. so pretty. Too bad it doesn't really show up in photos though, haha.

I'm never too sure if I like the MGR ponies or not. I like the white one (forget her name), the colour + molded flowers remind me of some ornaments my nan had so she makes me smile, but the others.. I dunno, I go back and forth on my opinion of them a lot. Their colours are too garish for me, for the most part.. I guess I don't really dislike them, but I wouldn't want one either? If that makes sense.

Same here!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 08, 2017, 09:47:19 AM »
I'm actually surprised I didn't think to put this here before, but here's another one of mine; I never cared if any of the Concept Six turned out to be any of the Mane Six's mothers.

I often see people expressing disappointment when a Mane Six pony is shown, and it turns out not to be their Concept Six counterpart, and to be honest, I was always cool that it wasn't.  I love the Concept Six, and they were the first ponies I ever thought of crossing over into the G4 world (I'm not saying all of them will be the first), but I never viewed them as being the mothers nor cared if they were shown turned out to be in the show - Twilight Velvet resembling G1 Twilight was enough for me, and even then she's not an exact match, it was just a nice little reference to me, I never needed the Mane Six and Concept Six to be related.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 08, 2017, 10:25:58 AM »
I love the suprise twins with mom
g3 is awsome
princess celestia is cool
spanish piggy ponies are cool
i love g2
sprinkles needs more love
g3.5 gets way to much hate
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 03:40:25 PM by Mami Tomoe »
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 17, 2017, 08:04:41 AM »
I think the Sunny Daze pose is much prettier then the Diva pose.

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #259 on: May 17, 2017, 08:30:12 AM »
I don't like princess Celestia, but I downright hate Twilight.
Both figures and the show!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 17, 2017, 08:45:36 AM »
I think Nightglider and Mainsail are very similar, and I prefer Mainsail.

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 17, 2017, 09:00:42 AM »
I don't get the love for Tex and Lightning.  I think All boy pony poses are boring.

The SHS have graceful, horselike poses, but barring a few here and there they are so generic and boring.

I don't like the shape on the wings of the toy flutters. They look fine in the show, but on the toy? No. I wish they had different shapes like the Wingers. Plus, too many flower themes. I like the second set better.

I don't like the colors on Patch's toy, even though I like it on the cartoon. Weird huh?  Perfect pose for her though.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:03:08 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2017, 12:38:03 PM »
I find BBE ponies more appealing than the regular babies, which I'm completely apathetic about.
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #263 on: May 19, 2017, 10:41:33 AM »
I think the Sunny Daze pose is much prettier then the Diva pose.
Agree with this! It's quirky, and I absolutely loathe the Diva pose. I have never understood why people like it. When I went through my G3s to sell a lot of the Diva pose ones didn't stick around. The only one I remember keeping is Winter Snow and only because she is a European pony.

Re the concept 6/mane six mother/child idea - never even knew that was a thing.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 19, 2017, 12:05:25 PM »
I love the BBE babies. Moreso than the regular g1 babies.

I think super mint condition collections are boring. I prefer my ponies to be a little beat up, have some history and character!

That thick chunky coloured tinsel they used for the Butterfly Island g3s was really pretty.

I do like Mimic (green and parrots!!! my faves!!) but if anyone from that set deserves that amount of attention, it's Bright Eyes.

I prefer the g4.5 reboot ponies over the older g4s. By comparison, the older ones look droopy and dull and the reboot set look a little closer to what ponies should look like, imo.

I can't wait for g5 to pop up and flush out the last of the people latching onto the brony label and g4's popularity. I was still very much a child when the brony phenomenon started and was extremely hurt by feeling chased out of the community I grew up in because I was now seemingly in the minority and in the wrong for being a kid who liked kids toys. The last of my childhood was taken away from me for the comfort of adult men in a space that didn't belong to them and I can't wait for them to get a taste of their own medicine when g5 rolls around and children take up the majority of mlp fans again.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #265 on: May 19, 2017, 01:32:15 PM »
I don't like the diva pose either.  The Sunny Daze pose has so much personality and looks so happy.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Jinxxy

• MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #266 on: May 19, 2017, 02:37:17 PM »

[/quote]
I can't wait for g5 to pop up and flush out the last of the people latching onto the brony label

OH GOD! No kidding! I remember when "brony" was starting to be a thing. My obscure hobby became mainstream!....but then it got cringey... Like, really really bad. I can't wait for the G5 for the same reasons, but I doubt it's going to come along soon :/

I think super mint condition collections are boring. I prefer my ponies to be a little beat up, have some history and character!
I prefer my pets to be like your ponies are. I love a dog with history. An old soul who has not necessarily had life be roses, but is his own "person" because of it. Character, quirks and all!
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 19, 2017, 07:23:56 PM »
I love the BBE babies. Moreso than the regular g1 babies.

That thick chunky coloured tinsel they used for the Butterfly Island g3s was really pretty.

I do like Mimic (green and parrots!!! my faves!!) but if anyone from that set deserves that amount of attention, it's Bright Eyes.

I prefer the g4.5 reboot ponies over the older g4s. By comparison, the older ones look droopy and dull and the reboot set look a little closer to what ponies should look like, imo.

I can't wait for g5 to pop up and flush out the last of the people latching onto the brony label and g4's popularity. I was still very much a child when the brony phenomenon started and was extremely hurt by feeling chased out of the community I grew up in because I was now seemingly in the minority and in the wrong for being a kid who liked kids toys. The last of my childhood was taken away from me for the comfort of adult men in a space that didn't belong to them and I can't wait for them to get a taste of their own medicine when g5 rolls around and children take up the majority of mlp fans again.

:hug:

What thick, chunky tinsel?

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 19, 2017, 10:15:50 PM »

You hit the nail on the head regarding what bothers me about the brony community. I understand that there are positive things about it -- I think men can and should be encouraged to like what they like without shame or embarrassment, even if those things are "girly," because there's nothing inherently shameful about girls! But I've seen too often that the men (and, granted, some of the women) involved aren't willing to extend the same courtesy to others that they demand for themselves, and instead swagger about acting like they own MLP and anyone who doesn't fit into their mold is stupid and wrong.

Another unpopular opinion of mine, since I don't want to just rant -- Nirvanas usually look bad, in my opinion. I could be biased, but the alternate color schemes never seem to quite "fit" -- like it's obvious the characters weren't originally designed in those colors.
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #269 on: May 20, 2017, 02:50:42 AM »
On the Nirvana subject - bearing in mind I'm expecting to be pelted with rotten fruit for saying this - I don't understand why people spend a fortune on a bad condition Nirvana with no hair/ratty hair cut and marks all over the body. A beat up pony is a beat up pony, and should command a beat up pony price.

I'm not talking about ones with minor flaws, fading, etc, but the ones that show up chewed, bald, tailless and/or drawn all over. I really don't understand why people will pay top dollar for something that is essentially wrecked.
Even if it were a OOAK pony, I wouldn't do it. I love battered ponies, but I don't love collector exploitation by sellers.

Another unpopular opinion of mine...I don't believe in the "an owner can do what they like to their pony, it's their pony' mantra. So many people sell collections on these days due to circumstances they don't forsee that I think it matters what you do to a pony in terms of making permanent changes. I think that the community matters more than the individual in such things.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal