collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404779 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2017, 04:22:27 PM »
Well except possibly for an occasional sippy-cup, the toys are all rated 3 and up so that at least is clear as to demographics. Unfortunately this means i can never find baby stuff in pony prints for my pony plushes and newborn stuff all fits Buildabear ponies.

Is it unpopular to think my pony plushes should be wearing pony printed newborn clothes etc? Plenty of generic n disney stuff etc but just not the same. Dont moms want to clothe their newborns in mlp with mlp pacifiers, diaper pins and toys?!

Probably just me. My opinions are by definition probably unpopular.

Playskool line is ages 0-3 depending on the toy.

They have baby MLP onesies/rompers. And awhile back they had bibs/socks/bows etc for babies as well.

Oh yes I've seen the Playskool toys but the heads are too big, like Fashems.  Don't care for those much.

Glad to hear I am wrong about no baby clothes...I don't see those in current new products but will look for them on eBay and such.  Thanks for cluing me in!

I like Moondancer's pose, she's tall and graceful (to me).  As to poses, I like the look of some poses that frustrate me because they don't stand up as well.  I like jointed ponies too which I think are less well loved than ones without joints.

I agree the faces on G2 could be more developed, but I love their leg/hoof poses and that they all have eye gems.  I appreciate that they seem closely related to SHS and it seems similar to the evolutionary relationship between G3.5 and G4...which is probably unpopular to say...

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2017, 04:57:48 PM »
You'll have to try to track her down from another collector, but you'll probably have to search a long time like I did!

Glory is easy to find. I think not that many people bought Firefly.

http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/2/29/Hamilton-glory-figurine.jpg

They were retro ones made I'm not sure what year, at a time I was on hiatus from collecting. Apparently they would have made Sunbeam and Medley, but they were really unpopular with collectors because they didn't look like the ads.

Never saw the ads so I didn't have to be let down. :lol:

umm to me they look either well tipsy or high......

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #242 on: April 17, 2017, 10:57:12 PM »
I don't like Diamond Dreams.  Her body color and hair color are great, but the pastel colors on her cape look out of place.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 19, 2017, 11:33:04 PM »
Idk how actually unpopular this is, but...based on photographs, I actually might prefer the way Posey's hair looks when faded. It's this really beautiful champagne color that I think suits her body color more than the original sugary pink.
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 20, 2017, 12:03:25 AM »
I don't like Diamond Dreams.  Her body color and hair color are great, but the pastel colors on her cape look out of place.

This made me think of another one: I don't like the Merry Go Round set. The molded blankets and molded flowers on the back of the head just look so weird to me.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 20, 2017, 12:38:08 AM »

This made me think of another one: I don't like the Merry Go Round set. The molded blankets and molded flowers on the back of the head just look so weird to me.

I only like flower bouqet, because of her beautiful colors. the others in that set are kinda....yucky to me! anything 3d or moulded parts is a big no-no for me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wishlist

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #246 on: April 20, 2017, 04:22:03 AM »

I generally agree with this, although I like Diamond Dreams, randomly. I think because we found her here at the carboot sale without knowing who she was, and red and yellow ponies always get on well in our house as they are Dad's favourite colours...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #247 on: April 20, 2017, 08:09:16 AM »
I'm not fond of the MGR set in general either.  I think I was too spoiled by living in a city with an actual vintage carousel, and they just can't compare, lol. The one I randomly like is MGR Sparkler.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #248 on: April 20, 2017, 04:52:27 PM »
I specially like the white MGR, forgot offhand which one she is.

Don't care much for Diamond Dreams as much, which works out well for me.

Off topic, I love the little carousel horses on poles and I'm ending up with quite a few porcelain ones on music boxes.

LadyMoondancer, I'm jealous of your real carousel.  I love the full size versions most!  Especially ones that are not plastic.  One of the Dirty Harry movies has a vintage one in the final shootout scene that one of the characters is restoring; makes me love that movie.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 20, 2017, 07:12:02 PM »

Off topic, I love the little carousel horses on poles and I'm ending up with quite a few porcelain ones on music boxes.

LadyMoondancer, I'm jealous of your real carousel.  I love the full size versions most!  Especially ones that are not plastic.  One of the Dirty Harry movies has a vintage one in the final shootout scene that one of the characters is restoring; makes me love that movie.

Have you ever seen the Matchbox Carousel Collection? They are darling little miniatures! I desperately want.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2017, 03:43:10 AM »

Have you ever seen the Matchbox Carousel Collection? They are darling little miniatures! I desperately want.

I have one of those - or something very like those - from when I was a kid. We used to have a fair that came near us every year and there was always a carousel. I was quite obsessed with riding it, and so when those were in shops I ended up buying one. I am pretty sure it's the same thing as you're mentioning. I have her still, somewhere, but goodness knows where or which one I have. They are very pretty though, I totally agree.

Edit to add: I think the one I have may be Hopper. It was so nostalgic googling them all.

(Completely off topic xD)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:48:07 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 22, 2017, 07:28:45 AM »

I have one of those - or something very like those - from when I was a kid. We used to have a fair that came near us every year and there was always a carousel. I was quite obsessed with riding it, and so when those were in shops I ended up buying one. I am pretty sure it's the same thing as you're mentioning. I have her still, somewhere, but goodness knows where or which one I have. They are very pretty though, I totally agree.

Edit to add: I think the one I have may be Hopper. It was so nostalgic googling them all.

Pictures pretty please? Hopper is a cutie!

And hey it's my topic, go as off topic as you want. ^^
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 22, 2017, 07:36:17 AM »

Pictures pretty please? Hopper is a cutie!

And hey it's my topic, go as off topic as you want. ^^
I have absolutely no idea where she is, even if I was back home, so pictures are not possible. I am not even 100% that it was Hopper, but I definitely had one and that one looks the most familiar.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 22, 2017, 08:39:42 AM »
(off-topic but Cswift, I love your sig! Pinkie Cooper :heart::heart:)

I prefer pink-haired ponies to be unfaded, but I do love that "in-between" colour they get sometimes.. not quite white yet but not pink either, just sort of both and neither at the same time, shimmery with pinker patches here and there.. so pretty. Too bad it doesn't really show up in photos though, haha.

I'm never too sure if I like the MGR ponies or not. I like the white one (forget her name), the colour + molded flowers remind me of some ornaments my nan had so she makes me smile, but the others.. I dunno, I go back and forth on my opinion of them a lot. Their colours are too garish for me, for the most part.. I guess I don't really dislike them, but I wouldn't want one either? If that makes sense.

Offline Cswift

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • }(|°v°|){
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 22, 2017, 02:02:30 PM »
(off-topic but Cswift, I love your sig! Pinkie Cooper :heart::heart:)

I prefer pink-haired ponies to be unfaded, but I do love that "in-between" colour they get sometimes.. not quite white yet but not pink either, just sort of both and neither at the same time, shimmery with pinker patches here and there.. so pretty. Too bad it doesn't really show up in photos though, haha.

I actually saw a pair of twin babies on eBay that had really nice fading. Their manes were white on top and pink at the ends, almost like an intentional ombre. I'm kicking myself for not saving the link now. I think they were blue?

(And yay, I'm glad someone else likes Pinkie Cooper! There was a lot of negativity surrounding these dolls when they were out.)
"I want to live forever, with no pain whatsoever, owning vast personal property plus a company of nubiles." - Captain Fwiffo, Star Control 2

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal