collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404565 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2017, 04:07:20 PM »
Nightshade didn't get a toy because the G1 cartoons didn't influence the G1 toyline at all.  It would have been impractical for Hasbro and Sunbow to coordinate in-depth. 

Remember that at the time the only ways to communicate were:

- physical letters
- the phone (and long-distance phone calls were expensive)
- meeting face-to-face (Sunbow was in NY, Hasbro was in Rhode Island, and the writers were scattered all over, they just mailed in their scripts.)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 04:16:23 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Shiverdam

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2017, 05:20:58 PM »
I really don't like Starlight Glimmer. I could say I hate her, in fact. No part of me believes she could ever be fully reformed. I still believe she's just secretly masquerading under the guise of being a good guy just to learn all the ins and outs of the Mane 6 and eventually exploit their weaknesses so she may take over the world.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature by starscout
she/her they/them
Will sell soul for Oakly the Moose
Soul has been sold, MOOSE ACQUIRED

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2017, 05:51:02 PM »
I think the Fancy Mermaid ponies are cute.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2017, 08:15:07 PM »
Oh, a Knight Shade toy would be awesome. (I wish they'd been consistent with how they spelt his name! >_< The episode spells it "Night Shade" and "Knight Shade".. I hate it when there's multiple official ways of spelling something. /ramble) I've seen some lovely customs of him, it would've been great if they had made an official one for him..

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2017, 08:38:03 PM »

Ponyfan

I used to not like them. But now I think they're so adorable. Especially Baby Pearly. :lovey:

Plus the details on their scales are great! I want one now.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2017, 08:47:24 PM »
End of Flutter Valley is upopular? whaaaa

That was actually the G1 movie I grew up on. G3 were my childhood ponies, but I bought 3 G2 myself and my aunt gave me all her childhood G1 ponies. When I was really young, like 6 or 7, we were at Toys R Us and she saw a G1 DVD and bought it for me, it was that movie. It was the first G1 movie I'd ever seen and I really loved it at the time.

I watched a few years later and realized it was pretty terribly done. Lmao. That bee dude and Morning Glory would switch voices constantly! It was cringy yet hilarious to hear some gruff scratchy bee dude voice coming out of a dainty little flutter pony.

Post Merge: April 13, 2017, 08:49:22 PM

Ponyfan
wait, whut? This is an unpopular opinion? I'm with Ponyfan!

Wait, also what? I totally thought the mers were loved! They're so cute. I've always wanted one.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:49:22 PM by Kingsly »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 13, 2017, 09:44:29 PM »
End of Flutter Valley is upopular? whaaaa

That was actually the G1 movie I grew up on. G3 were my childhood ponies, but I bought 3 G2 myself and my aunt gave me all her childhood G1 ponies. When I was really young, like 6 or 7, we were at Toys R Us and she saw a G1 DVD and bought it for me, it was that movie. It was the first G1 movie I'd ever seen and I really loved it at the time.

I watched a few years later and realized it was pretty terribly done. Lmao. That bee dude and Morning Glory would switch voices constantly! It was cringy yet hilarious to hear some gruff scratchy bee dude voice coming out of a dainty little flutter pony.

Post Merge: April 13, 2017, 08:49:22 PM

Ponyfan
wait, whut? This is an unpopular opinion? I'm with Ponyfan!

Wait, also what? I totally thought the mers were loved! They're so cute. I've always wanted one.

Actually it kind of is.  It drags on Forever!!!  Even as a couch potato kid, I got up to go play.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2017, 09:56:41 PM »
I really don't like Starlight Glimmer. I could say I hate her, in fact. No part of me believes she could ever be fully reformed. I still believe she's just secretly masquerading under the guise of being a good guy just to learn all the ins and outs of the Mane 6 and eventually exploit their weaknesses so she may take over the world.

Ssssssh! You're giving away the Season 7 finale.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2017, 10:57:46 PM »
Nightshade didn't get a toy because the G1 cartoons didn't influence the G1 toyline at all.  It would have been impractical for Hasbro and Sunbow to coordinate in-depth. 

- physical letters
- meeting face-to-face (Sunbow was in NY, Hasbro was in Rhode Island, and the writers were scattered all over, they just mailed in their scripts.)

I wonder if anyone has ever made a Nightshade custom. Personally, I never cared for a Michael Jackson inspired pony, but I'm sure there are quite a few people who liked the idea.

"Do the moonwalk, ponies. Put that sparkle in your shoes. Do the moonwalk, ponies. And you'll never get the blues."

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 14, 2017, 05:28:16 AM »

Morning Glory and Sting never switch voices, at least not to my knowledge. (They did swap Rosedust and Honeysuckle's voices at one point, though - or more accurately they swapped their colours by mistake)

I wonder if anyone has ever made a Nightshade custom.

Here's a couple I foundj :)

http://www.mlptp.net/index.php?threads/ptvs-dazzle-interviews-knight-shade.63987/
http://www.mlptp.net/index.php?threads/knight-shade-for-auction.90362/
http://www.mlparena.com/archive/Forums/viewtopic/p=3252585.html

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2017, 06:19:11 AM »

- physical letters

I wonder if anyone has ever made a Nightshade custom. Personally, I never cared for a Michael Jackson inspired pony, but I'm sure there are quite a few people who liked the idea.

"Do the moonwalk, ponies. Put that sparkle in your shoes. Do the moonwalk, ponies. And you'll never get the blues."

There was a Music Custom Swap once and someone made Knightshade out of either an SHS or a G2. Don't remember who it was though.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 06:20:56 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #207 on: April 14, 2017, 07:38:11 AM »

Ssssssh! You're giving away the Season 7 finale.
This has spawned an unpopular opinion from me, who doesn't even watch FIM and who has seen maybe one season total.

The idea of someone playing the mane 6 back on their friendship is magic game by pretending to be friends with them in order to do something horrible is a depth of storyline continuity and planning that would probably make me more interested in the show.

So I would actually like it if that were the case with a character, instead of them all buckling to the brainwashing sooner or later.

I will also add that one reason I like EQG animation better is that even after she has been 'saved', Sunset Shimmer remains somewhat conflicted and mistrusted by others - a character development continuity that I love. I've not seen seven, eight seasons of FIM but from what people have said here continuity doesn't really happen...

So I would absolutely start watching FIM if there was a continuous psychological game going on behind the scenes with someone playing the Mane 6 at their own game.

Feel free to throw the tomatoes, but though I have only ever seen the toy, that image of Starlight Glimmer now makes me like her a whole lot more.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 14, 2017, 07:56:16 AM »
I don't have a problem with Megan or human characters in MLP.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 14, 2017, 08:13:56 AM »
I don't have a problem with Megan or human characters in MLP.

Me either, I like Megan, Molly and Danny. I used to take my ponies and pretend to be Megan all the time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal