collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404673 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2017, 08:15:27 PM »
"The Glass Princess" is one of my favorite episodes. I never get tired of the pony wash/makeup scene.

I always thought the wings on the Firefly pose were folded also.

Ponyfan

The forced pony wash scene has to be my favoritest g1 scene of the half of g1 ive seen so far, and the way Gusty looks so defiantly at the raptorians i think is what made me totally love Gusty. And the makeover was soo humiliating. Poor ponies. I dont know how Porcina got tangled up with those creeps.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2017, 08:42:42 AM »
I don't think the Surprise Twins Pony is weird. I think it is hilarious.

That's because it's a missile launcher.

I don't have an issue with brushable as a term because I see it as a distinguisher between small size (brushable) and large size (fashion style) in G4. I never think of the moulded toys as pushing the others out, I just see those two terms as size related. But all hairy. If that doesnt sound wrong, which I think it does.

This is probably a result of living in London and having London kinsfolk, but Snow'el just makes me think of other London dialect phrases that end in 'el(l) and so her name amuses me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2017, 10:25:23 AM »
Mommy Bombs Away and her babies Depth Charge and Torpedo.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2017, 11:38:34 AM »
Mommy Bombs Away and her babies Depth Charge and Torpedo.

:haha:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:40:38 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

RainbowQuartz

« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2017, 11:40:00 AM »
FiM is the worst. I don't like the toys, I don't like the show, I don't like any of it. EXTREMELY unpopular opinion lol.

lostpony

« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2017, 01:07:00 PM »
Taffeta you might have hit on the origin of the term brushable...even Hasbro knew better than to call them hairy.

Rainbow_Quartz thanks for feeding my illusion that your opinion as to G4 is "unpopular".

RainbowQuartz

« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2017, 03:18:40 PM »
Rainbow_Quartz thanks for feeding my illusion that your opinion as to G4 is "unpopular".

I feel like it is (among pony fans I know personally anyway.)

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2017, 04:07:32 PM »

i think its because this whole "brony" subculture literally came from g4 so like, theres a higher percentage of people who are actively into it who would probably try to fight you on the internet if you said you didnt like it. i personally love all gens~ ponies are ponies. theres no reason to hate g4 just cause its new. a lot of bronies hate g1-3 because they love g4, but a lot of people who love g1-3 and hate g4 are real "first generationers" to use pokemon terms. people who think it just can't get any better than gen 1, but in reality, the newer gens are just as good or lacking in creativity as their predecessors.
i don't care for g4 toys. i wish the quality was better, its like all the good toys were made in the 1980s, and now everything is about as producing as much as possible for as little as possible.

wishlist

Offline ColdRuru

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2017, 04:28:02 PM »
I personnaly, do LOVE G1 as toys, they are really the less close to a PONY (not a horse) and with quality work on them. But... I really really do not love the cartoon. Maybe because I doesn't have seen it as a kid, but I thinks the animation is lame and the stories really pointless. BUT I assume it's my own opinion.
As much as I do LOVE FIM as a cartoon, really making me laugh and enjoy my time, but the toys are... not really my cup of tea. Must admit, I'm quite happy with the reboot, at least the ponies seems to be living (not this unique posture, ghh x1000).

So you know, we can't love everything about a thing, but in the whole global, we love ponies ou way and that's the most important :biggrin:

Blog / Facebook Page

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2017, 04:34:10 PM »
Unpopular opinion:  The "noodle legs" people complain about on the latest G4 ponies . . . make them look more like real horses than previous G4s.  Real horses have skinny legs in proportion to their bodies.

Also, I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but I feel that G3 had the best ears.  I like them better than the G1 triangle.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2017, 04:35:45 PM »
Also, I don't know if this is unpopular or not, but I feel that G3 had the best ears.  I like them better than the G1 triangle.

this is such a good comment. the best ears

wishlist

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2017, 05:22:11 PM »
Unpopular opinion:  The "noodle legs" people complain about on the latest G4 ponies . . . make them look more like real horses than previous G4s.  Real horses have skinny legs in proportion to their bodies.

I think its less the skinniness and more the bend of it that bothers me personally. How its an odd curve rather than a joint. I call it rubber hose limbs personally.

G3 bar none had the absolute cutest ears! G1's I adore but the triangle ears were more like cat ears than horse ears.

Maybe we can just agree cartoon horses don't have to resemble real horse too closely?

lostpony

« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2017, 05:41:06 PM »
I love all the different ears but in particular g1s ears. They are the most ear-y.

Its taken me a while to get used to hooves being more implied than expressly drawn but thats an mlp signature feature except (some) males and g2s that have more hoof detail and i like that.

A lot of people like the g1 toys and the g4 show so that's not unpopular.

Unfortunately i feel loving all gens both toys and shows seems much less popular than i'd like it to be. I love them all and the new sculpts are making me appreciate even the boring old g4s more (the raised-leg variant being pretty good actually). The guardians of harmony toys are really great (though not hairy) and i cant wait for the fancy multiply-jointed-wing hippogrif one; it looks so great!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:43:04 PM by lostpony »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2017, 06:07:12 PM »

Yeah but they also have bones and joints. Even older gens, both in animation and toy form have knees.

I love G3 ears too. I also think they have more cheerful expressions then G1s. The G1s have this sweet, gentle face, while G3s have a livelier look.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 06:08:56 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #164 on: April 10, 2017, 08:37:16 PM »

i think its because this whole "brony" subculture literally came from g4 so like, theres a higher percentage of people who are actively into it who would probably try to fight you on the internet if you said you didnt like it. i personally love all gens~ ponies are ponies. theres no reason to hate g4 just cause its new. a lot of bronies hate g1-3 because they love g4, but a lot of people who love g1-3 and hate g4 are real "first generationers" to use pokemon terms. people who think it just can't get any better than gen 1, but in reality, the newer gens are just as good or lacking in creativity as their predecessors.
i don't care for g4 toys. i wish the quality was better, its like all the good toys were made in the 1980s, and now everything is about as producing as much as possible for as little as possible.

Agreed 100% to Orangepeachmango and Rainbowquartz.

What's with all the lowkey snarkiness being thrown around in this thread?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 08:39:57 PM by Kingsly »

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal