collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404571 times)

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2017, 02:55:08 PM »

I actually do really love G1 and G4's wings.
G3 wings I have admit look super bizarre. They don't even look like wings, they look like weird nubbly growths of flesh on their back. xD I love G3 pegs though, even with their strange wings. Snow'El is my fave.

i think the only wings i DONT like are g4.... i think its because they are not stylized!! they look pretty dang close to a cartoon characters feather wings, but g1 and g3 have beautifully unique and stylized wings. g2..lets just not talk about that. i feel like the g4s lack "character" or any sort of ... good design quality in their molds.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

wishlist

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2017, 03:20:32 PM »
Definitely not a fan of the G1 wing design. It just looks like a lump of lumps :P

That sort of bothered me too when I first started collecting G1. XD I'm used to it now, but I definitely like how G4 pegasus wings look, with more detailed feathers.

Ooh I absolutely love g1 wings. I think they look way cuter than the skinny wings g4s have..!

G3 wings I have admit look super bizarre. They don't even look like wings, they look like weird nubbly growths of flesh on their back. xD I love G3 pegs though, even with their strange wings. Snow'El is my fave.

Snow'El is awfully pretty. Isn't she rare or something? I've never seen her on eBay now that I think of it.

I think Daisy May, Aurora Mist and Twinkle Bloom are severely underrated G3 Pegasus.

I love bushwoolies.

I don't like most of the G3 unicorns, which is weird because they're my favorite species.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2017, 05:13:17 PM »

i think the only wings i DONT like are g4.... i think its because they are not stylized!! they look pretty dang close to a cartoon characters feather wings, but g1 and g3 have beautifully unique and stylized wings. g2..lets just not talk about that. i feel like the g4s lack "character" or any sort of ... good design quality in their molds.

I definitely agree, G4 ponies lack uniqueness and character honestly. I do like their wings though.

Definitely not a fan of the G1 wing design. It just looks like a lump of lumps :P

That sort of bothered me too when I first started collecting G1. XD I'm used to it now, but I definitely like how G4 pegasus wings look, with more detailed feathers.

Ooh I absolutely love g1 wings. I think they look way cuter than the skinny wings g4s have..!

Snow'El is awfully pretty. Isn't she rare or something? I've never seen her on eBay now that I think of it.

Is she rare? I'm not entirely sure. I got her for Christmas when I was like 10 or so, I had no idea she was rare. Cool!

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2017, 05:39:18 PM »
I'm not sure either. I remember someone saying it took them forever to find her once. Can't remember if it was on the TP or on here.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2017, 05:40:08 PM »
I don't know if mine are unpopular:

I dislike all the generation point 5 labels. Gen. 4.5...3.5...meh, it's just annoying IMO.

The term 'brushable' - MLP are supposed to have brushable hair, it's the whole concept, but that cheesy term gets incorporated and constantly pulled into the already existing MLP community. The term comes across as if brushable is some kinda weird offshoot of MLP, like it's unusual for MLP to be brushable. When it's the exact opposite.

The term cutie mark - barfs...enough said.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2017, 05:44:22 PM »
I don't know if mine are unpopular:

I dislike all the generation point 5 labels. Gen. 4.5...3.5...meh, it's just annoying IMO.

The term 'brushable' - MLP are supposed to have brushable hair, it's the whole concept, but that cheesy term gets incorporated and constantly pulled into the already existing MLP community. The term comes across as if brushable is some kinda weird offshoot of MLP, like it's unusual for MLP to be brushable. When it's the exact opposite.

I can't stand the term brushables either. To me they're MLPs and any moldeds are McDonalds/tiny tin//blindbag etc.

It seems as if some people are trying to diminish the main line and gimmick. I have seen some people on other sites act like the very idea of MLPs with brushable hair is the worst idea ever.

Why are they buying toys with brushable hair if they hate it so much? It's like purposely buying a model kit and then complaining that it needs to be put together.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 05:53:11 PM by Leave a Whisper »

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2017, 06:50:27 PM »
I hate the way models need to be put together. Ha

I think people who complain about the brushable hair are adverse to the hair play thing...i was like that at first especially with plushes but i like fixing the hair now too especially compared to bad vinyl hair like EG mini Rarity...so cute otherwise even the large head isnt so bad but that HAIR ug but thats probly not unpopular opinion. I like having good vinyl hair and brushable hair toys but i hate them together on same toy just No! I got a g3.5 mcd unfinished custom toola roola with its molded tail cut off and finished cleaning up the flash and stuffed in a short full-size regular tail and it came out really nice.

As far as wings g1 waffles or flyswatters are weird but cool and i like the wings in particular on one of the new Twilight Sparkr sculpts (that has a down-curve to them) and i especially love the unique g3 Starcatcher wings especially once i've curved them a little.

Flutterpony wings are great too cuz you can make or use anything you want and the pony has perfect attachment points. The originals? Never seen any, haha.

As to the rest, i need more tomatoes.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2017, 07:17:28 PM »
I hate the way models need to be put together. Ha

I think people who complain about the brushable hair are adverse to the hair play thing...i was like that at first especially with plushes but i like fixing the hair now too especially compared to bad vinyl hair like EG mini Rarity...so cute otherwise even the large head isnt so bad but that HAIR ug but thats probly not unpopular opinion. I like having good vinyl hair and brushable hair toys but i hate them together on same toy just No! I got a g3.5 mcd unfinished custom toola roola with its molded tail cut off and finished cleaning up the flash and stuffed in a short full-size regular tail and it came out really nice.

As far as wings g1 waffles or flyswatters are weird but cool and i like the wings in particular on one of the new Twilight Sparkr sculpts (that has a down-curve to them) and i especially love the unique g3 Starcatcher wings especially once i've curved them a little.

Flutterpony wings are great too cuz you can make or use anything you want and the pony has perfect attachment points. The originals? Never seen any, haha.

As to the rest, i need more tomatoes.

I don't care for model kits either. Money saved! ;)

Haha! Never heard em called waffles or fly swatters before! Too funny!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2017, 09:51:51 PM »
I actually used to love models n i had the USS Constitution that soooo many parts n i worked on it forever n i think i never did finish it. Fragile too, so i reached the point where i more repaired it than made forward progress.

Ponies are better.

Well they look like flyswatters to me. Still lovem tho.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2017, 06:51:00 AM »
I always imagine g1 wings are just folded up.  Like swan wings.

http://wallpaper-gallery.net/single/swan/swan-15.html

I really like G4 wings on the regular size ponies.  G3 wings are not my favorite.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2017, 08:16:08 AM »
I'm sure you've noticed that's hardly an unpopular opinion around here though maybe you have a more extreme case of your affliction.

That being said, :tomato: :tomato: :tomato: comin at you, i love g4 (and g1 too though)

:mrgreen:

Yes! Well said! The later versions looked like escaped from the Power Puff girls.... G1 forever !

High five! :P

This, so much! :iconclap: (Both things!)

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline CloudyGlow

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2017, 08:25:17 AM »
I don't think the Surprise Twins Pony is weird. I think it is hilarious.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2017, 02:57:58 PM »
Oh yeah, just remembered something else. I'm not much of a fan of the Funko vinyls. I mean, they're okay, but I never really got all the hype around them. They're all in the same poses! @_@; So boring.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2017, 03:46:12 PM »
"The Glass Princess" is one of my favorite episodes. I never get tired of the pony wash/makeup scene.

I always thought the wings on the Firefly pose were folded also.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2017, 06:04:31 PM »
Oh yeah, just remembered something else. I'm not much of a fan of the Funko vinyls. I mean, they're okay, but I never really got all the hype around them. They're all in the same poses! @_@; So boring.

Same here,  I dont hate them but I am just eh not into them.  Also some of the worst paint jobs I have seen on a few dont endear them to me at all. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal