collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 406753 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2017, 02:43:24 PM »
Here's one I've never heard others say so I assume it's an unpopular opinion:

I feel that Princess Tiffany, Bridal Beauty, and Pony Bride look out of place due to their realistic color palates, which are in contrast to the whimsical bright colors of the other ponies.

Offline kissthethunder

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • shifting through the maples for Oakley
    • View Profile
    • http://kiss-the-thunder.deviantart.com/
« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2017, 03:26:46 PM »

I feel that Princess Tiffany, Bridal Beauty, and Pony Bride look out of place due to their realistic color palates, which are in contrast to the whimsical bright colors of the other ponies.

wow that's not something I've heard before but thinking of it, I can see how you'd feel that way!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2017, 03:32:02 PM »

That's a new one on me.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2017, 05:59:12 PM »
I wouldn't describe Pony Bride as being "realistic" in any way....

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2017, 12:01:27 AM »
I wouldn't describe Pony Bride as being "realistic" in any way....

:lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2017, 12:47:49 AM »
They've got tinsel in their hair.... but l can understand why, since they are quite monochromatic.

Regarding the "alicorn" l always called them hybrids. When l was a child l had a fakie baby Pegasus unicorn and l remember calling it either pegasus unicorn either hybrid.

Other thing: l like the rearing pose, too bad there were not more like this. And the firefly pose on the contrary, l am not fan.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2017, 01:10:51 PM »
Princess of the night, dark design, jealous of her sister, becoming a monster, torturing herself with guilt and threatening to destroy Equestria seem pretty edgy to me :)
Thank you for explaining.  I personally wouldn't find anything really edgy about that myself though, no offense.  It just seems like a "children's show" thing to me;

I hope no one minds me going into detail here, as this is off topic, but to me it feels like this; the night is a beautiful time in my opinion, and I've always felt a bit of a "children's show" feel to night time, for it represents dreams and the stars and moon, which are the perfect settings for a beautiful children's show scene.  I personally never thought she had a dark design, she just has "night time" colors, which again, I find beautiful.  Plenty of the target audience have probably felt jealousy towards their siblings or even other people (jealousy is, at the end of the day such a childish emotion, so it makes sense that children would exhibit it, not that adults are immune to it), so this is probably a relatable thing.  Becoming a monster, I would say is just an exaggerated version of what jealousy can do to you.  It's understandable that she'd feel guilty about it, and I wouldn't find that edgy, just what you'd expect someone to feel.  Finally, she actually tried to rule Equestria, but either way she (as Nightmare Moon) was the villain, so she's bound to do something extreme.

I hope you didn't mind my response, but I'm sorry if you did.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

lostpony

« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2017, 02:48:58 PM »
I agree with that plus, lots of kids (and adults) have self worth issues and i really like the way Lunas struggle with her identity and the tantabus addresses that subject in a way that could be helpful to some kids (and adults).

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2017, 04:13:26 PM »
I really dislike Pinkie Pie, moreso in G4 but also in G3.

The only ponies I really dislike are G3.5 and G4.5. Other than that, I really love all gens, poses, breeds, genders, etc.

I really like ponies that are frequently disliked. ie Beddy Bye Eyes, Sweetheart Sisters, Eyelash Princessess, even weird ones like Drink n Wets and that strange mommy pony.

I love G3 but it had a lot of very overused color schemes and boring themes. There are TONS of sparkling gems in G3 but a lot are just... Boring. I think when I get my ponies back (they're kind of in storage, I moved out and my mother moved across the country and she has them) I'll thin my G3 herd.

I don't like any of the cartoons, really. I liked them as a kid but not really anymore. ESPECIALLY not the G4 cartoon jesus. I also reallyreallyreally dislike "bronies." I can't stand them. (Not sure that's an unpopular opinion though, lol)

I don't really like Bushwoolies.

A lot of people seem to be disliking the new G4 mers and I think they are absolute r a d as hell, lol!!

Rapunzel is not very pretty imo.

I really hate ponies that talk, walk, sing, dance, etc. I've never liked electronics in toys. The only electronics I really like are light ups. Things that have pushable buttons, pullies, twist things, magnets, etc are totally fine. (Lily Lightly for example is beautiful. She lights up and blinks when you push her button!) Anything battery powered aside from lights is a no, though. xD

I really really do not like Megan or her sister. Or any humans involved, really. I like the monsters or weird creatures or anthro animals, but not humans.

I don't like the term "cutie mark," I still call them symbols.

I like the term alicorn. Also G4 did not coin it. But I also like "winged unicorns."

I don't care how much they look like horses. They never really have... They've looked very "chibi" from the start. Infact, I've never ever called their legs and hooves "legs and hooves." I call them nubbies.
The only thing I care about is the style of how they're done. Like for example, I find G4's style very much less appealing than G1. (I still do like G4, but their heads are weird, I'll admit)

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2017, 05:25:23 PM »
That reminds me, I don't like the animal friends in g1. What were they called again? None of them are cute to me at all. They seem pretty popular with collectors but I care for them 0%.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2017, 05:34:05 PM »
That reminds me, I don't like the animal friends in g1. What were they called again? None of them are cute to me at all. They seem pretty popular with collectors but I care for them 0%.

Neither do I. Pony Friends and Pretty Pals.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2017, 08:25:19 PM »

I'm with you on this.

lostpony

« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2017, 09:48:55 PM »
I'm shocked.  I thought Creamsicle at least was universally loved.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2017, 10:47:43 PM »
I'm shocked.  I thought Creamsicle at least was universally loved.

I don't mind creamsicle or  the few animals that are supposed to have manes. But it just looks silly on those who don't. Like the panda or the moose.

I'm also not willing to pay that price.

I love the Witches from the Volcano and think they're great villains.

I think that Somnambula is a better villain then boring old Tirak.

I think Tirak is overrated.
I like Glass Princess.

lostpony

« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2017, 11:11:34 PM »
Is it unpopular to like Glass Princess? 

I loved her instantly even before I saw her magic was real or that she would be a good guy (though I suspected she wasn't really meaning to be a bad guy right from the start).

Best Pig Ever.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal