collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404554 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2017, 05:35:21 AM »
Well for those of us who dislike the term, we can't blame cutie mark on G4. G3 started that one.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline mlly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2017, 06:22:27 AM »
When I was still interested in FiM/G4 way back I really was not bothered at all by the Celestia toys being pink (This was back when I still cared about show accuracy mind you) I'm still not. I don't like G4/FiM anymore now but even if I still did, pink Celestia toys still wouldn't bother me.
Which is weird since I'm usually annoyed and aggravated when girl toys force and overuse the color pink, but for some reason, pink Celestia has just never bothered me. :shrug:

The term 'alicorn' has always bugged me too. I think 'pegacorn' makes more sense especially since not everyone is a nerd familiar with D&D terminology :P

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2017, 07:37:40 AM »
I like Sweetheart Sisters, too! I love how elegant and lithe and pretty they are. I need more of them :P

When I was still interested in FiM/G4 way back I really was not bothered at all by the Celestia toys being pink (This was back when I still cared about show accuracy mind you) I'm still not. I don't like G4/FiM anymore now but even if I still did, pink Celestia toys still wouldn't bother me.
Which is weird since I'm usually annoyed and aggravated when girl toys force and overuse the color pink, but for some reason, pink Celestia has just never bothered me. :shrug:

The term 'alicorn' has always bugged me too. I think 'pegacorn' makes more sense especially since not everyone is a nerd familiar with D&D terminology :P

I didn't really care whether Celestia was pink or white, either. She does look nicer as white, but idk I didn't think it was -that- big a deal. (Also it bothers me how most of the white!Celestia toys overdo her cheek blush..)

I want more Princess Gold Lily and Princess Sterling toys, they're such pretty unipegs."
Agreed! I thing the fact their wings are different colors from their bodies makes them unique. I've seen people hate them for that.
Who?  sounds like I need them

Princess Sterling:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Princess Gold Lily (in the back - sorry it's not that good a photo, it's the only one I have of mine ^^;)

I love them!! Especially Sterling's symbol, it's so pretty and delicate. It reminds me of something from Sailor Moon.

I think Raindrop is every bit as pretty as Nachtlight and it's kinda sad that she doesn't seem to be as wanted or talked about.

I love her, too!! I wish she was more popular. She seems harder to find than Nachtlicht, too, at least for me (though I haven't really been looking for her lately, admittedly - can't afford her atm :P).

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2017, 12:39:16 PM »
I like "cutie mark." It makes me think of Animaniacs when Dot used the term. <3
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2017, 12:58:02 PM »
I think country exclusives are prettier by far then some of the variants.

Mountain Boys
Nachtlight and Raindrop
The Seaside Babies
Roller Skate Ponies
Holly Dash
Hip Holly
Cookery Ponies

Post Merge: April 03, 2017, 12:59:15 PM

I like Sweetheart Sisters, too! I love how elegant and lithe and pretty they are. I need more of them :P

I didn't really care whether Celestia was pink or white, either. She does look nicer as white, but idk I didn't think it was -that- big a deal. (Also it bothers me how most of the white!Celestia toys overdo her cheek blush..)

I want more Princess Gold Lily and Princess Sterling toys, they're such pretty unipegs."
Agreed! I thing the fact their wings are different colors from their bodies makes them unique. I've seen people hate them for that.
Who?  sounds like I need them

Princess Sterling:

Princess Gold Lily (in the back - sorry it's not that good a photo, it's the only one I have of mine ^^;)

I love them!! Especially Sterling's symbol, it's so pretty and delicate. It reminds me of something from Sailor Moon.

I think Raindrop is every bit as pretty as Nachtlight and it's kinda sad that she doesn't seem to be as wanted or talked about.

I love her, too!! I wish she was more popular. She seems harder to find than Nachtlicht, too, at least for me (though I haven't really been looking for her lately, admittedly - can't afford her atm :P).

Your girls are lovely Carrehz.

Offline preciousstar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2017, 02:24:54 PM »
i'm not sure whether or not this is an unpopular opinion, but i love the SHS molds, and the colors Hasbro paired them with. they're such dainty "giraffes," as my father used to call them :silly:
current mood: :think:
MLP/LPS for trade! / my items on ebay! (account shared with my mother) / my wantlist!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2017, 02:58:56 PM »
Your girls are lovely Carrehz.

Thank you! :*

Offline Heart891011

• Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2017, 03:24:37 PM »
I don't like ponies with open mouths and strange poses, however I love the G4.5 ponies with closed mouths standing still
I don't care for sea ponies, so soft, or TAF

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2017, 04:27:11 PM »
Well for those of us who dislike the term, we can't blame cutie mark on G4. G3 started that one.

Really? I thought it started with G4. I missed most of the early G3 stuff and only got back in to ponies around the time the Core 7 started.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2017, 08:14:00 PM »
i'm not sure whether or not this is an unpopular opinion, but i love the SHS molds, and the colors Hasbro paired them with. they're such dainty "giraffes," as my father used to call them :silly:

Aww.  :happy:
 What would he call Creamsicle then?

lostpony

« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2017, 10:15:42 PM »

Aww.  :happy:
 What would he call Creamsicle then?

I wondered that too.

Post Merge: April 03, 2017, 10:20:58 PM

I pretty much love and appreciate all ponies, all generations. That seems to be quite unusual. I do have my favourites, obviously, but anything pony-shaped reels me in sooner or later. I used not to like seaponies but now I do. I even think BBEs and G3.5 are sweet, and I'm intending to bbuy at least one G4.5.

I REALLY like the G1 ponies with gimmicks. The Sweet Talkin' ponies (I have all three languages!), the roller skate ponies, the incredibly blingy Princess Sparkle, Dance 'n' Prance ponies, Brush 'n' Grow....I just really love them all.

I think Friendship is Magic is a fun kid's cartoon that can be enjoyed for what it is without being analysed to within an inch of its life. That certainly seems to be a rare opinion.

Sorry Shaz but i agree with you 100% (except I loved seaponies from the first one I held).  Probably not too good for your reputation...

Post Merge: April 03, 2017, 10:42:43 PM

Princess Sterling and Princess Gold Lily are REAL??  NO WAY, MUST HAVE!  How did I not know about this?  I'm neither great nor powerful and yes Taffeta, everypony knows it. :silly:

Were they trying to use up Pinklestia parts after making her white?  (body and wings in pink there). OMG I need that little pink piano too...seems I don't know G4 as well as I thought I did.

Ponyfan, I'm astounded you didn't know G3 had cutie marks...I thought you knew everything pony!  Now, I guess maybe you do...

I think a lot of eBay sellers use "cutie mark" for G1 ponies because they are NOT fans or collectors, just dumping stuff for money.  I buy from members here befroe resorting to eBay for such reasons.

um last thing I can think of, is "alicorn" a DnD term?  I assumed it was coined by FiM.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:59:49 PM by lostpony »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2017, 05:13:24 AM »

Really? I thought it started with G4. I missed most of the early G3 stuff and only got back in to ponies around the time the Core 7 started.

Ponyfan

G3 started it. But G4 made people use it ad nauseum. Though if people want to use it for those generations, it's not an issue to me. I don't like the term but it's when it's used for G1 that I get really twitchy.

*throws custard pies at lostpony*

I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I think that the intonation of German Sweet Talking Pony declaration of love could not be more lacking in love if she tried. Consequently I find it hilarious and thus my German STP is my favourite :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 05:15:06 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2017, 05:39:33 AM »
There's still a lot I don't know about ponies. :) I knew G3s had cutie marks but I thought they were still being called symbols in G3.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2017, 05:47:03 AM »
I like the eyelash princesses! :lol:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2017, 05:54:29 AM »
There's still a lot I don't know about ponies. :) I knew G3s had cutie marks but I thought they were still being called symbols in G3.

Ponyfan

Hasbro coined the term in G3 but it wasn't used widely.  In fact there was some confusion as to whether it was meant to refer to the little hearts that denoted where the magnets where in the early G3 ponies.  The term was never used in any of the media so it didn't gain any traction.

It became popular in G4 because the show uses it as an ongoing plot device.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal