collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404809 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2017, 03:16:34 AM »
I love g3.5s, FiM, BBEs and Pinky Pie both g3 and 4.

So-softs are great. Sure the symbol is buried but if you deflock, they're brilliant n who needs to see em anyway; they're for snuggling.

I love damaged and discolored ponies. They're lovable, sometimes unique and almost always real cheap n i dont have to worry about messing them up.

I just got Mimic. I thought i'd like her more. Im sure i will once i've ripped out her eyes n put in real gems. Soon i'll have all the dull eye ponies with real eye gems.

Ive always loved Eeyore (who seems suddenly in fashion but didnt used to be) and maybe is why i love original collectors pose and wish for My Pretty Pony. Also like gimmics, cant wait to have MPP's wacky eye and ear.  So cool!

Forgot to add my #1 most favoritest thing: Princess Big Mac.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 03:23:11 AM by lostpony »

Offline Shabi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2017, 08:46:13 AM »
Oh, I don't like So Softs, either. You can barely see their symbols!! And their pretty colours get covered up. It's annoying since a lot of SS ponies have beautiful colours and/or symbols...

Also, idk if this is a popular or unpopular opinion or what, but I don't like First Tooth babies, either. I dunno, the tooth just looks weird to me.
Agreed on everything!
I've had toys with flocking in my childhood. It's a pain. Even if the slightest bit of flocking is off the whole toy looks bad and it's really easy to damage the flocking. And the worst part is you can't do anything about it! If plastic had a scratch you can sand it. If the flocking is damaged it's the end of the world.
First tooth babies look creepy to me. Why is their tooth should be visible again?.. Do they put it out on a display like "heyyyy I got my first tooth!"?
Remembering first tooth babies I remembered that I hate baby Quackers. Her voice is super annoying and why does she quack? Is it a condition? Or is she just trying to cosplay a duck? She sounds like Donald Duck.

There are also G4 ponies I don't like. I don't like Luna. Luna fanboys will find me and kill me. I mean yeah I like her design but her whiny edgy character is ugh. And every edgelord fanboying(girling) over her like mad hating Celestia and other princesses, saying how much Luna is unappreciated and how lonely she is (basically transferring their problems on her) is driving me insane. I don't like Muffin pony for the same reason - bad fanbase. What's so great about her anyway? The fact that she's (probably) disabled? Nope, being disabled isn't fun. If she's not disabled and just a blonde stereotype it's even worse. I'm glad they re-voiced her. And I was scared to see the raging brony community when they did.
I love Tirek. Both of them. A villain who's actually evil and not a "I need love to survive", "I was jelly of my big sis and let the monster in", "I'm a goofy weirdo", "I have a giant selfesteem but it doesn't help my bad magic skills", "rawr, crystals", "bad hair day", "Daring notice me sempai" and "my childhood sweetheart left me so I'll zombify a village". I love villains who's evil because they want to, not because mommy didn't love them.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2017, 02:44:47 PM »
Remembering first tooth babies I remembered that I hate baby Quackers. Her voice is super annoying and why does she quack? Is it a condition? Or is she just trying to cosplay a duck?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was annoyed by this.

Oh and on a related note, the way the G1 babies would talk, constantly using "me" in place of "I", drove me nuts. I've never heard real pre-school age kids talk like that.

Another one: I love SHS and wish there were more of them.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2017, 03:00:15 PM »

There are also G4 ponies I don't like. I don't like Luna. Luna fanboys will find me and kill me. I mean yeah I like her design but her whiny edgy character is ugh. And every edgelord fanboying(girling) over her like mad hating Celestia and other princesses, saying how much Luna is unappreciated and how lonely she is (basically transferring their problems on her) is driving me insane.
Um... what "edgy character"?  Is this how (some) bronies write her, because I've never seen anything edgy about her character in the show...

I love Princess Luna, but I agree with your point.  It's annoying how some of her fans are to Princess Celestia (who I also love).

Also, I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion here yet (people didn't seem to know what i was talking about last time), but I love Angel Bunny and I don't see him the way most Fluttershy fans seem to.

Seriously, I'm a Fluttershy fan (she's my favorite pony), but I can tell that he's usually very kind and supportive to her, with "Putting Your Hoof Down" being the exception (yet bronies act like he's always like that, if not worse).  Usually Angel's main flaw is that he's spoiled, but some of Fluttershy's fans act like he routinely hurts her, which he doesn't.  Is this a joke, because it saddens me that they see him like this.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 03:14:16 PM by MJNSEIFER »
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

lostpony

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2017, 04:16:34 PM »
Shabi, i love luna and i'm on my way there right now to get you. :frolic:
(Edited to add: i'm totally joking about the second part! Im not sure that was 100 percent clear)

Not everyone sees luna as a whiny loser or has to hate Tia. It's transference to dislike any character just to oppose some few of that character's more vocal (and whiny) fans.

Perhaps i can convince you to give my version of her a read? "a pony story" in FiM subforum. I dont think anyones reading it and its looking like i'll have to revise without anyone's input before publishing it on fanfic sites. I promise, theres no mufin pony in there or "lunar republic" hogwash and i challenge you to dislike luna after reading it.

I love Freza in dragonball z, now thats a good bad guy. Tirec wasnt that evil at all, he didnt even punish the Princesses for stashing their magic. He didnt kill anyone actually, he just wanted power. No worse than Sunset Shimmer, oh and was all that last stuff about Starlight or were you referring to some other ponies too? I couldnt really tell...i really like starlight but i liked her best when she first appeared so i kept liking her in spite of her bad writing afterwards.

Edit:  Oh wait!  I recognize the Queen, Nightmare Moon, Trixie....Sombra?  I don't know who goofy, bad hair day, or notice me are though....totally stumped!  Help me out!

yet another edit:  I think this is unpopular:  I completely don't like Fluttershy.  She's supposed to be shy and nice but she's just passive-aggressive and mopey.  And the whole Stare thing is weak.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 12:05:16 AM by lostpony »

Offline SundanceSadie

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2017, 09:45:08 PM »
I think ponies in Collector's pose look depressed.

I don't care for baby ponies.

both of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate nearly all baby ponies... and i think the collectors pose is SUCH a stinker. theres so many beautiful poses out there the collectors one is so Eyore..

Love it!  :iconclap:
I will now forever think of the collectors pose as the Eeyore pose, which I actually happen to like. Eeyore as well  ;)

I'm pretty sure this is very unpopular though...I don't like the Sweetheart Sister Ponies  :shocked:   They're just too deer-like without enough horse like proportions. Just my opinion.

The second one is the pearlized baby ponies...I feel like that opinion is probably unpopular too? If they had painted the eyes on after the pearlizing process I'd be good. But since they didn't, they look like the undead to me. You know, that whole glazed over, gross, milky eye thing?!
I just can't  :drool: :freak:

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2017, 06:56:01 AM »
I don't really like the sweetheart sisters either, so your not alone.

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2017, 09:12:03 AM »
I'm not that fond of the Sweetheart Sisters either. I never took to the characters when they were introduced in the UK comic, and that bled over into me not liking the toys very much either. I still think they look a bit weird.

Put me down as another person who loves the Tootsy pose. I think it looks really cute, especially on Cherries Jubilee.

I don't like European Princess Sparkle at all. All the glitter and fibre optic lights and whatnot are just too much. She reminds of a cupcake that's been decorated by someone who doesn't know where to stop and has piled heaps and heaps of icing and glittery sprinkles on it. Looking at her kind of gives me toothache :D

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2017, 09:36:28 AM »
I don't like Teddy and I think he's a jerk. I'm alright with cartoon jerks as long as they're entertaining, but he is not and I don't get why he's so popular.

I don't like the pearlized set of baby ponies either. I mean it looks great on the Pretty n Pearlies and the G4 Pearlies, but not the baby set.

I want more Princess Gold Lily and Princess Sterling toys, they're such pretty unipegs.

I dislike the terms alicorn, cutie mark, and putting pony into various words, everypony,somepony, it's forced and sounds lame, not to mention the sheer number of horse puns annoys me. Stop Hasbro. We know they're horses.

I'm not fond of Pinkie Pie G3 or G4.

I like G3 Rainbowdash better. I need to get her back in my collection someday.

I don't like Changelings.

I like Bat Ponies a lot.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:01:33 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shabi

• Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2017, 09:50:11 AM »
Um... what "edgy character"?
Princess of the night, dark design, jealous of her sister, becoming a monster, torturing herself with guilt and threatening to destroy Equestria seem pretty edgy to me :) I mean she won't beat Sombra's edgyness (he's like an ultimate "original character do not steal") but still.
Seriously, I'm a Fluttershy fan (she's my favorite pony), but I can tell that he's usually very kind and supportive to her, with "Putting Your Hoof Down" being the exception (yet bronies act like he's always like that, if not worse).  Usually Angel's main flaw is that he's spoiled, but some of Fluttershy's fans act like he routinely hurts her, which he doesn't.  Is this a joke, because it saddens me that they see him like this.
Agreed. Angel doesn't hate Flutty. It's tough love.
lostpony, I don't actually dislike Luna, just the rabid lunafans. I'm pretty indifferent to Luna herself, but if I had to choose between loving or hating her I'd choose to love her, she's very lovable :)

I wish I could read your fanfic but sadly I don't have time to read, especially in English. I have to use google translate when reading or writing a lot  :blush:
Not everyone sees luna as a whiny loser or has to hate Tia. It's transference to dislike any character just to oppose some few of that character's more vocal (and whiny) fans.
I know, I know. But I can't do anything about myself. Every time I see a whiny fan I feel a bit mad about the character who they're whiny about. It was much worse when I just got into FiM. I had internet fights a lot  :biggrin:
Edit:  Oh wait!  I recognize the Queen, Nightmare Moon, Trixie....Sombra?  I don't know who goofy, bad hair day, or notice me are though....totally stumped!  Help me out!
Yep! "Goofy" is Discord, "notice me" is Ahuizotl (I can see him stealing stuff just to get in another book about Daring Do. He just looses all the time so why does he try? He wants to be a star! XD), "bad hair day" is Mane-iak. I hope I didn't insult anyone's favourite character, this was supposed to be silly xP

I think Sweetheart Sisters are cute! Like some kind of teenage ponies. Were they aimed at teenager girls by the way?

I want more Princess Gold Lily and Princess Sterling toys, they're such pretty unipegs.
Agreed! I thing the fact their wings are different colors from their bodies makes them unique. I've seen people hate them for that.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2017, 10:03:28 AM »
I can't stand Truly's character and this kinda carries over into her toy. Which is a shame because I love her pose, name and symbol.

I wish Princess Twilight Sparkle had blue in her hair like her predecessor Twilight Twinkle.

I wish the Tales boys had been made, I don't understand why they, as main characters didn't get toys. I would love to have Lancer.

Speaking of, Lancer is woefully underrated and needs more attention. Even Ace is more popular and he's the most boring of the trio.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:07:27 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2017, 10:17:33 AM »
Teddy is just awful.  I don't ship him and Sweetheart at all (or him or anyone), he's such a jerk.  Ace is also pretty bad--kind of like the pony version of Gaston.  Speaking of Tales, my least favorite main Tales girl is . . . SWEETHEART. Hey Sweetheart, your verbal quirk is really truly annoying.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2017, 10:28:11 AM »
Teddy is just awful.  I don't ship him and Sweetheart at all (or him or anyone), he's such a jerk.  Ace is also pretty bad--kind of like the pony version of Gaston.  Speaking of Tales, my least favorite main Tales girl is . . . SWEETHEART. Hey Sweetheart, your verbal quirk is really truly annoying.

Ha! I forgot she did that. I haven't seen Tales in forever.

Twilight Sparkle is far more reminiscent of Starlight then Twilight. Studious? Check. Serious? Check.  Teacher's pet? Check. A team leader of sorts? Check.

It bugs me that the main six are said to be more like G1 ponies when most of them are G3 ponies. It bugs me more when G4 fans superimpose the main six's personality on them, when the G1s and G3s are their own characters.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:34:11 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2017, 10:40:47 AM »
I'm not a big fan of Mimic. 

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2017, 10:58:27 AM »
I'm not a big fan of Mimic. 

Ponyfan

I think her pose is really dinky and weird.. I'm not a huge fan either. But I am really enchanted with her cutie mark... More birds please!!

wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal