Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Unpopular Pony Opinions

<< < (547/555) > >>

GreyBlossom:

--- Quote from: BlackCurtains on May 12, 2022, 05:14:25 AM ---
My opinion that might be unpopular? I wish Hasbro had done more horse markings in G1. We have blaze and...? I think that's it. It would have been cool if they did things like paint or appaloosa. I guess Cotton Candy is as close to appaloosa as we got.

--- End quote ---

I love the ponies with blazes. There should have been way more of them. Seashell and Bubbles are the only two that come to mind. I also liked the freckles on Bowtie and Applejack, although they’re not really horsey.

Leave a Whisper:

--- Quote from: BlackCurtains on May 12, 2022, 05:14:25 AM ---I'm not really into playsets, and wasn't when I was a kid either (aside from Castle Grayskull with the slime) but I always liked the G3 playset with the rainbow waterfall. Butterfly Island is its name. That was a cute playset. The little Breezie train was cute too.

My opinion that might be unpopular? I wish Hasbro had done more horse markings in G1. We have blaze and...? I think that's it. It would have been cool if they did things like paint or appaloosa. I guess Cotton Candy is as close to appaloosa as we got.

--- End quote ---

I'll second horsey markings, the g5s have proven that they look very cute with leg markings.

--- Quote from: Taffeta on May 12, 2022, 06:27:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: Leave a Whisper on May 11, 2022, 04:39:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Taffeta on May 11, 2022, 03:19:59 PM ---G2 had a lot of neat ideas actually.

Berry Bright is best G2. I don't really understand all the Ivy hype, genuinely.

--- End quote ---

Isn't there a G2 in similarish colors? Sea Foam or something?

--- End quote ---

Um, maybe Sea Breeze? The mail order? *racks brains for G2 names, at which she often fails*

But yeah, it's definitely a reused colour scheme.

I actually think it would've been cool to have a proper appaloosa set with different colours. O.O

Playsets...as a kid I wanted PE and the hair salon and had neither. So I have a special fondness for them. I had DC and the nursery and played with them over and over. As an adult...it's a problem of storage. :/

--- End quote ---

That's the one.

Leave a Whisper:
I hate to say it, I don't wanna say it, but G5 Rainbowdash looks very cute. I kinda sorta want one to paint into a different pony like Starshine.

Shiverdam:
Had to seek out this thread again.
G5 ponies are ugly. They looked all right in the movie, but every piece of G5 media since then is just. Not good to look at.

Dreamer:
I... didn't like the G5 movie at all. It's as colour-by-the-numbers as colour-by-the-numbers can get. It doesn't know what it wants to be. It wants magic AND technology and doesn't care about how to blend those two together, just piles them one on top of the other. It wants to have a "message" but it's also incredibly shoehorned even by kid show standards (Trolls 2 handled the diversity message better). And worst of it, it's terribly, overwhelmingly, bland. I couldn't feel the magic, the fun or the enjoyment a movie is supposed to have. I'm often the kind who will find something funny to laugh about even in a non-comedy or bad film, but that film is the equivalent of eating wet cardboard colored with pastel chalks.

Also please don't come at me with that "it's for little kids" argument - little kids deserve better entertainment than this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version