Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Unpopular Pony Opinions

<< < (517/555) > >>

Leave a Whisper:
Oh how eye-sizzlingly bright Movie Star Shady is! I hope to see her IP someday, but that's not likely to happen.

Taffeta:

--- Quote from: Wardah on January 21, 2022, 01:15:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: Taffeta on January 21, 2022, 09:40:05 AM ---I love the glittering shs and the prom queens, also. I wish we'd had the prom queens here. Even though, culturally speaking, it wouldn't have made any sense at the time of the release.

--- End quote ---

They could have always changed the name to something more culturally relevant since a prom is just a fancy dance and I'm sure there's some kind of fancy dances you have over there.

--- End quote ---

Mm. Ballroom SHS maybe? The thing is that we do have proms, now, with graduation at secondary school. My sister had a prom. I didn't. So it kind of happened some time between 1998 and 2003 ish? But they could have been marketed as ballroom SHS, you're right.

On the regular versions of the so softs - it only applies to some of the characters, and they're not all movie star ponies, officially. The movie star ones are Buttons, Shady, Gusty, Magic Star, Wind Whistler and North Star. Truly and Cupcake also exist but came in a different set, that was sold in Scandinavia and South Africa but not in the UK or most of Europe.

There is a Brazilian version of Twist (albeit without a horn) without flocking. But the later 2 sets of SS ponies don't have regular versions.

They all came out in 87. I think some of the Movie Stars appeared in the UK in late 1987, but they're officially on the Hasbro list for 1987.

I still consider the SS the variants. Can't help it, it's what I grew up with.

I wouldn't deflock a good ss pony either. But I do own some deflocks, one or two which were done by a lovely person here, and a couple of others from ebay I think. All from damaged SSs. I think I have Ribbon, Twilight, Fifi and Hippety Hop without fur.

Another unpopular opinion coming up but I wish that the Movie Star set had used Ribbon not Gusty. I think that was the original intention, although I can't prove it, because the club art for that year has Ribbon instead of Gusty included with the others from the set. But she never happened.

I don't suppose it's an unpopular opinion that I also wish they made the Paradise that was projected for the UK PE release.

@LAW, I wish you could too. That Shady was such a favourite of mine as a kid :)

Ponybookworm:
They should have had both Custy AND Ribbon tbh, especially as we had Baby Ribbon as well as Baby Gusty in our Play & Care sets (would have made sense to release the mums to go with the babies)

Taffeta:

--- Quote from: Ponybookworm on January 22, 2022, 05:35:45 AM ---They should have had both Custy AND Ribbon tbh, especially as we had Baby Ribbon as well as Baby Gusty in our Play & Care sets (would have made sense to release the mums to go with the babies)

--- End quote ---

...And Heart Throb??

I would not have wanted to sacrifice Shady for her.

Ponybookworm:

--- Quote from: Taffeta on January 22, 2022, 12:13:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ponybookworm on January 22, 2022, 05:35:45 AM ---They should have had both Custy AND Ribbon tbh, especially as we had Baby Ribbon as well as Baby Gusty in our Play & Care sets (would have made sense to release the mums to go with the babies)

--- End quote ---

...And Heart Throb??

I would not have wanted to sacrifice Shady for her.

--- End quote ---
SDon't blame you tbh, our Shady is gorgeous!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version