Pony Talk > Pony Corral

Unpopular Pony Opinions

<< < (512/547) > >>

Cobblestone:
I’m glad they’re stamped that’s going to help!

Leave a Whisper:

--- Quote from: Taffeta on November 11, 2021, 09:42:34 AM ---The BF retro ponies aren't really identical to their G1 counterparts, but even if they were, their hooves are marked with Basic FUn and the date, so it's not really so easy to scam someone out of something. If someone's selling a pony and it's not clear, it should be possible to ask for the hoof markings.

The BF release finally brought Medley, Glory etc to the UK after a very long wait (we've been waiting for them since the 1980s, when they wrote them into our comics but didn't sell them here). Whatever happens with the rest of the release, I'm happy with what we've had because of that.

But my unpopular opinion is that I don't think we need them to make every existing G1 pony. And I don't care if we get Mimic and company in the slightest. I'd genuinely rather have Powder and Skyflier and that's 100%.

I didn't grow up with SS ponies, they didn't exist here, so I will always consider the movie star versions the original versions of the characters who exist in both forms. But I do love the SS ponies. If you get a nice one, they are gorgeous :)

--- End quote ---

I want Basic Fun to make Glow n Shows. I never did find Star Glow all those years ago, and I ain't paying her ebay prices. They're *drumrolls* astronomical.

Taffeta:

--- Quote from: Leave a Whisper on November 11, 2021, 05:42:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: Taffeta on November 11, 2021, 09:42:34 AM ---The BF retro ponies aren't really identical to their G1 counterparts, but even if they were, their hooves are marked with Basic FUn and the date, so it's not really so easy to scam someone out of something. If someone's selling a pony and it's not clear, it should be possible to ask for the hoof markings.

The BF release finally brought Medley, Glory etc to the UK after a very long wait (we've been waiting for them since the 1980s, when they wrote them into our comics but didn't sell them here). Whatever happens with the rest of the release, I'm happy with what we've had because of that.

But my unpopular opinion is that I don't think we need them to make every existing G1 pony. And I don't care if we get Mimic and company in the slightest. I'd genuinely rather have Powder and Skyflier and that's 100%.

I didn't grow up with SS ponies, they didn't exist here, so I will always consider the movie star versions the original versions of the characters who exist in both forms. But I do love the SS ponies. If you get a nice one, they are gorgeous :)

--- End quote ---

I want Basic Fun to make Glow n Shows. I never did find Star Glow all those years ago, and I ain't paying her ebay prices. They're *drumrolls* astronomical.

--- End quote ---

*throws fakies*

Leave a Whisper:

--- Quote from: Taffeta on November 11, 2021, 11:05:02 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

*throws fakies*

--- End quote ---

:bolt:

Taffeta:

--- Quote from: Leave a Whisper on November 11, 2021, 11:06:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: Taffeta on November 11, 2021, 11:05:02 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

*throws fakies*

--- End quote ---

:bolt:

--- End quote ---

Ah come on, do you think you're gonna get away with a cheesy joke like that without a fakie or two? :P

On topic, I feel like probably the glowing ponies are more fiddly to make and obviously like Mimic the bases are expensive. They do have the poses for Happyglow and Dazzleglow already mind you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version