collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404637 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #2310 on: May 14, 2021, 07:49:15 PM »
I don't like the pearly mail order baby ponies, they look super glossy and feel weird.  :pout:  :mad:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: May 14, 2021, 07:50:44 PM »
I don't like the pearly mail order baby ponies, they look super glossy and feel weird.  :pout:  :mad:

Me either
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: May 14, 2021, 08:24:16 PM »
This & they're duplicates of Ponies who already exist. Only a few Ponies get the honour of being allowed a duplicate who looks too similar (the likes of the Dutchies & some Argies look different enough to be allowed). Otherwise I'd be skint!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: May 14, 2021, 09:33:21 PM »

I don't like how they have the pearly stuff over their eyes...that makes them look weird

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: May 15, 2021, 12:12:25 AM »

I think they're cute; HOWEVER I wish the pearly sheen was more durable. I'm so hesitant to buy them because they always show up with huge scrapes and rubbed spots! :( And how can you clean them, if you're afraid to brush it off?!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: May 16, 2021, 09:17:54 AM »
I don't like the weird proportions of the G5 toys, however  I feel like this Gen is a breath of fresh air, and that does make me relieved and happy. I also dig the different wing styles on the Pegasus,  minus Princess Swablu. I'm curious to see if the Winged Unicorns will look like.

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: May 16, 2021, 09:27:06 AM »

I think they're cute; HOWEVER I wish the pearly sheen was more durable. I'm so hesitant to buy them because they always show up with huge scrapes and rubbed spots! :( And how can you clean them, if you're afraid to brush it off?!

Same here - I've never included them in my collection. I dislike the fact that they're duplicates and that the sheen covers their eyes as well - it does look weird...
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline TwilightStarshine

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: May 19, 2021, 10:42:31 AM »
Please don't get me started on all the annoying historical inaccuracies and anti-other generation phobia by Garden Variety bronies that casually tag along the FiM fandom, and believe Über Brony What's-His-YouTube-Channel-Called no matter how contradicting and shady the so-called evidence. :throw:

I have collected MLP for a long time, but I certainly classify as a brony. :lookround: I just love to think and theorize about the world of Equestria, I love watching FiM... Around here it is actually still broadcasted on tv (Ziggo Channel 312 anyone?) However, I do not think G4 or FiM is superior in any shape, way or form. I am obviously not against headcanon. I do not think G4 is the best generation of ponies (that honor should go to G1 for more reasons than I can summarize right now, but first and foremost for providing the basic outline of the Equestrian world and the nature of MLP itself). However, I do think the FiM/G4 canon is the best developed storyline of all generations, and I for one really enjoyed the world of Equestria and Twilight's development from an insecure book smart filly to a wiser ascended alicorn princess.

Spoiler
But I am hardly objective since Twilight and Starshine were my absolute favorite G1 ponies (I bet nobody saw that coming). I actually regard TS as a direct descendent of G1 Twilight, and I expect Starshine and Celestia are related too. Just look at their symbols. Oh no! That's headcanon! Quick, someone! Throw the FiM Bible at me for straying from the True Path!

What I am mostly exploring these days is the irony of toxic bronyism. Funny enough, toxic bronyism effectively beats itself. It does not make sense at all. You cannot claim you like FiM and have watched and understood this show, and be so inconsiderate and intolerant of others. That is the ultimate anti-FiM response! You have effectively demonstrated you don't understand any the lessons and values the show teaches! Nobody gets to dictate what kind of fanart and fan fiction are acceptable, for one. Because the last thing this fandom needs is people expressing their creativity, right? ;) Some of these clowns actually watched "The Cutie Map" episodes, but somehow didn't get the most basic FiM messages, like, oh I don't know... "Individual differences are a good thing", "you should capitalize on each others strengths", "you should not feel intimidated by other's abilities and instead focus on developing your own talents" and so on. That is part of the canon, too... Toxic bronies think they understand FiM and as a logical consequence MLP, but they just really don't. They might miss the wider context of MLP's history and roots, or perhaps they are generally too emotionally immature to understand the psychology of other people. Whatever the reason for their immaturity and hatefulness- they are universally annoying. It's possible to like FiM and G4 without developing a superiority complex.

Secondly, all things MLP are generally meant for children. How grown adults can feel better about themselves by bashing MLP cartoons is beyond me. I am not talking about the odd out of context video, but mocking and bashing older generations, with the aim of discrediting that entire generation. All the G3 hate is especially sickening to me. Frankly, I never liked the art style of the G3 cartoons that much, but the show is cute enough. Most importantly, the actual ponies (the toys) are stunning. They were loved by many collectors (including myself) for a reason, and they sold very well in the early 2000s. I hope G3 fans will raise their voice in the near future. I think most of them feel very intimidated by some of the stuff that's out there.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 10:44:53 AM by TwilightStarshine »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2318 on: May 22, 2021, 09:39:02 AM »
I love the Perfume Puff Palace, didn't realise it was unpopular :-(
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: May 22, 2021, 10:19:21 AM »
I don't like the G1 perfume puff ponies or the scented ponies. The G3 scented ponies are super cute, but the only one I have is a second-hand Citrus Sweetheart, because her scent faded.

I wish I liked G2 better, but they're body shape doesn't work for me. I do have a soft spot for the G3 McDonalds ponies though.

I liked the early seasons of the G4 cartoon, but I don't like the toys. They look like Bambis. Chibi style is not my thing. And don't get me started on the weird human-transformed ponies.

G5 toys look even more awful. They've put chibi heads on anorexic bodies to create the stuff of nightmares. So glad I don't actively collect much these days, except for baits for customs and a gem I find here and there. Every time I see what has happened to the toy industry these days, I'm glad I don't have children to be frightened by these psychotic pastel giraffes. 

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2320 on: May 23, 2021, 11:55:31 PM »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: May 24, 2021, 05:13:46 AM »
"Psychotic Pastel Giraffes" would be a fantastic name for a band :silly:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: May 24, 2021, 05:21:53 AM »
Psychotic Pastel Giraffes. :snicker:

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: May 24, 2021, 07:16:40 AM »
Anything to do with perfume or makeup on ponies is just... weird.  I get it, no hoof care playset, but ... I have never seen a horse wearing lipstick.
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponyprincess2021

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: May 24, 2021, 08:45:50 AM »
I never owned the perfume palace or any other play set. But I can agree after seeing the box it came in.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal