collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular Pony Opinions  (Read 404574 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular Pony Opinions
« Reply #2295 on: April 30, 2021, 03:19:39 PM »
Well I... never stopped playing. I suppose as I grew older it was more about building the world & collecting than actual play like a six year old, but I loved my old Ponies into my 20s (& it only stopped there because bad things began happening)

Same. I was given a friends ponies when I was around 13. They had to go on at least one adventure with my ponies :lol: Now I consider fixing hair or setting up playsets (like my G1 LPS) as "playing". Just making them look nice and admiring them, taking pictures, etc. I DO talk to my toys though (well, and some other inanimate objects, like my PC). "Oh, your hair is so pretty today." "I think you'd look better here." "Just gonna give you a brush." Things like that :P I think that's normal though - right?
Perfectly normal  :razz: :poke: :haha: :P
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: April 30, 2021, 05:51:15 PM »
Non-show accurate Celestia and Luna ponies are beautiful too.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: April 30, 2021, 05:58:34 PM »
I think so too.  I don’t need show accuracy.  I think they should have made the cartoon ponies match the toys.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: April 30, 2021, 06:07:42 PM »
I had mine and till I was 12, still played with and brushed them.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: May 01, 2021, 07:38:35 AM »

Agreed! I love the G4 princess toys, they're all so pretty.

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: May 02, 2021, 06:25:17 AM »
I dropped off playing with ponies around 5th grade, mostly because this girl at school ostracized me for it. I know I got a pony for my 11th birthday from a friend, and I believe that was my last one. I got really into drawing right around that time, and I drew, cut out, and laminated my own characters that I would build worlds for. So I still played, in general, after that, as I had younger siblings, whether it was with ponies, my created paper characters, or our dolls (which I strangely didn't get into until middle school, but we played in a more mature fashion, mostly making up stories about them), until it morphed into a more collector mentality of playing, as the toys I was into were of a more collector quality (dollhouse/miniatures, American Girl). By then, I mostly only 'played' with my siblings, because my friends were more into boys and video games, which I had zero interest in. So my playing sort of became my dirty little secret at home. I wonder how many other kids did the same for fear of ridicule. But...I feel like kids nowadays lose interest in toys way earlier for real, probably due to things like technology.

My unpopular opinion: I'm seeing a lot of g5 fanart online, and I understand people's enthusiasm for something new and wanting to use their imagination to make something come alive based on the half-dozen screenshots we've been given of the new ponies. But...it annoys me when I see all these renditions of Izzy with the tennis ball stuck on her horn (like do they think that her character just permanently has the ball there? I'm pretty sure the pic was just her being silly by balancing it there for a minute and not actually a permanent part of her), or these comics drawn of Pip constantly on her cellphone or taking phone pics of an annoyed Zipp and posting them, just because there was one pic of her with a phone, apparently they think that defines her personality. I don't know why it bugs me...I guess I just want to see the ponies in action before I make assumptions of what they're like...I know I'm probably in the minority here.

Edited for a typo.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 07:34:22 AM by LadyAmalthea »

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #2301 on: May 02, 2021, 06:55:41 AM »
I don't really get the fascination with the tennis ball especially. I'm so excited for G5 and I am for sure analyzing any picture we get of it, but seeing some people really hardcore speculating on the tennis ball (it's probably just there because her horn is sharp) is interesting. Not the thing I would make videos and write hundreds of comments about.

I think the phone thing is cute. :P So I don't mind, also I think it's funny.

For speculations sake there's many more interesting things to talk about. I can definitely understand being excited, so not a dig at people who do analyze like that. I do just think we can direct that energy to be more broad.

Here's another one: I love Pipps wings and I'm tired of comments on my Instagram about how they look like clouds or people hate them.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: May 02, 2021, 07:38:06 AM »
Her wings don't bother me either, and I feel like we haven't seen enough pics from different angles for me to really make a judgment about them yet. So far, I think she's cute!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #2303 on: May 02, 2021, 10:00:09 AM »
I guess liking Hitch out the gate is an unpopular opinion? People always bring up Flynn Rider's character in comparison but... I like him :lookround: and if Hitch is going to have the same type of personality, I'll like him too.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2304 on: May 02, 2021, 11:26:46 AM »
I guess my G5 unpopular opinion is that I really don't have an opinion on most of it. I mean, it's there, but I don't have any strong like or dislike for any aspect of it thus far. Probably that's a good thing?

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: May 04, 2021, 01:44:03 PM »
Cotton Candy and Snuzzle have the most significant symbols/cutie marks in the toyline's history. I will only elaborate if asked.
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline applejackbunny

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: May 04, 2021, 01:50:42 PM »
Cotton Candy and Snuzzle have the most significant symbols/cutie marks in the toyline's history. I will only elaborate if asked.

I'm asking  :)
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Heelys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Member of the Aquacadets
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: May 04, 2021, 02:15:04 PM »

Ah! Thank you for asking!

To me, these two symbols are the key to understanding how the designers came up with the idea of cutie marks to begin with. Cotton Candy's symbol isn't really a picture of anything-- it's a dappled fur pattern, like you'd see on an appaloosa horse. We don't question WHY My Little Pony toys have cutie marks anymore, but Cotton Candy is likely the origin point. She's a normal appaloosa who happens to be pink.
Then the designers started to think about how they could make these horses a little more unique, and someone must have brought up the idea of making the stamp of flank spots into fun shapes. I say Snuzzle is the keystone here mainly because of how easy the jump from animal spots to hearts is. I feel like shamrocks and butterflies must have come after the idea of hearts.

Cotton Candy is the blueprint of the My Little Pony concept, and Snuzzle is the first step into the time honored tradition of painting stars and flowers onto horse butts.
Gender? I hardly know 'er!  :biggrin: | PM me about G1 custom or OOAK World's Smallest commissions! ;)

Offline applejackbunny

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: May 04, 2021, 03:31:38 PM »

Ah! Thank you for asking!

Cotton Candy is the blueprint of the My Little Pony concept, and Snuzzle is the first step into the time honored tradition of painting stars and flowers onto horse butts.

Haha! Well, I couldn't let that one hang  :biggrin:

I think you're right about CC and it's certainly a good theory about Snuzzle. I adore the original six (plus the later Lemon Drop and Peachy) - thanks for bringing this up!
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: May 05, 2021, 08:35:57 AM »
I've decided I really like the Gem Blossom pose. It's cute.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 05:52:58 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal