collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 464052 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3540 on: May 17, 2021, 07:10:55 AM »
I have a dentist appointment today and I don't want to go.  I don't like going to the dentist because I had such bad experiences with it growing up... :cry:

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: May 17, 2021, 09:27:55 AM »
As for yesterday's convo, I have to add that since I've gotten arthritis my balance in the shower has gotten a lot worse. I don't know why. Early on I got some slippers/slides by Oofos to wear in the shower and I have had absolutely no issues whatsoever since.

Shower/tub convo is all I've really ever known in my life. Once we went on vacation to this condo and the bathroom I got had a walk in shower, it was so different for me.

Anyway:

Not feeling great today. Lost my breakfast and still have a bad headache.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: May 17, 2021, 11:13:14 AM »
I have a dentist appointment today and I don't want to go.  I don't like going to the dentist because I had such bad experiences with it growing up... :cry:

I know that feel, I used to hate going to the dentist and sometimes I would get myself in trouble by avoiding a visit, but luckily I found a good private practice a few years ago and I have never been afraid since.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3543 on: May 17, 2021, 02:36:52 PM »
If I owned my own home I would want a walk in tub. They're a tub/shower combo but tall like a shower and it has places to sit. They come with jets too. So you can either sit and shower or soak in the tub.

My complaint is pain and discomfort. My legs hurt a lot. I'm so tired. I took a 4 hour nap and don't remember falling asleep. No energy. No appetite. I wanted to change my sheets and put my little side tables together, I couldn't do either. It's 5:30pm and I'm ready for bed.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3544 on: May 18, 2021, 08:29:33 AM »
I've never lived in an apartment with a tub or a combo! They're not that common in Finland, we like our walk-in showers, I suppose. :D So you mainly find them in older houses, or maybe some new ones where it's a design choice. My granny used to have a tub when I was a child, later her bathroom was renovated and they switched the tub for a shower. I don't really have preferences either way. What I find most peculiar about some tub/shower combos when travelling abroad are fixed showerheads, though... Now those are extremely inconvenient!

My trivial complaint of the day... I can't find my bus card anywhere! I haven't used it since around October, have been avoiding public transportation as much as I can. Today I wanted to go to the city centre for the first time in ages and it takes me nearly an hour to walk, so I figured I might take a bus and then walk back home. But well. I've checked pretty much every bag that I own, the pockets of all my coats, it's nowhere to be found.  >_< (I hear they take contactless payment these days but still, after searching for an hour I didn't really feel like going anymore... ^^; )

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3545 on: May 18, 2021, 09:50:36 AM »
Is it true that houses in Finland have saunas and heated floors? I haven't been in a sauna since I was a little kid at a hotel. And growing up in Wisconsin we could have used a heated floor :lol: We did have a pool though... my family has always been pro-pool.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: May 18, 2021, 09:56:04 AM »
I wish we had a shower in our apartment :(
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3547 on: May 18, 2021, 10:03:32 AM »
SpacePinto, you can get handheld shower heads that attach to the tub faucet - like this one and put the holder up high if your tub is connected to a wall. My mom used one of these when my niece was a little kid because they have a large soaking tub and a walk-in shower, but she wanted a better way to rinse her hair.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: May 18, 2021, 10:35:17 AM »
I lived in a house with a heated floor once...it was weird. The only place where you really felt warmth was the kitchen and bathroom, because the carpet was thinner in those rooms. Otherwise, it just kept the floor from getting cold. Yes, there was actually carpet in the kitchen and bathroom, which was totally gross! I guess that was a 'thing' in the 60's when the house was built. I lived with 2 male roommates who didn't cook (other than the pan of pot-brownies I found on the counter when I came home from work late one night),  so the kitchen wasn't too funky. As for the bathroom...well, I sure didn't walk barefoot near the toilet!

My complaint: trying to find someone willing to pick my son up from school one day this week so I can go visit a friend who will be coming home to Chicago for a few days. I haven't seen her in 5 years and I really hope I don't have to miss seeing her this week.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3549 on: May 18, 2021, 12:03:35 PM »
I remember the hotel I stayed in in Helsinki (I know, not the same) had a sauna, but not heated floors.

My trivial complaint...

We had hail today.

HAIL.

It's May. ><
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #3550 on: May 18, 2021, 12:24:08 PM »
Is it true that houses in Finland have saunas and heated floors? I haven't been in a sauna since I was a little kid at a hotel. And growing up in Wisconsin we could have used a heated floor :lol: We did have a pool though... my family has always been pro-pool.

Well some do, some don't :) Most detached houses probably have a sauna and many apartments do as well, even rentals but of course the rent will be higher... A block of flats will typically have a shared sauna that you can book, but nowadays I guess more and more people want to have their own private saunas so in new buildings, even smaller aparments may have them. Pools on the other hand aren't common at all! Then again, we have all these lakes and summer cottages which makes up for it. Heated bathroom floors are pretty normal but it depends on the age of the building and whether someone wanted to cut costs. :lol: The rental apartments I've lived in haven't had floor heating. (And oh yeah, we don't do carpets... or maybe some did in the 70s/80s or something, one of my childhood friends lived in a house with carpets. That was weird, I always associate them with public spaces and hotels! Heated floors are usually tile.)

This is getting totally off-topic, maybe we should start a separate thread for interesting cultural differences and housing :lol:

I don't even have anything specific to complain about, just the fact that I'm constantly anxious and stressed :/ 

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: May 18, 2021, 03:14:09 PM »
SpacePinto, you can get handheld shower heads that attach to the tub faucet - like this one and put the holder up high if your tub is connected to a wall. My mom used one of these when my niece was a little kid because they have a large soaking tub and a walk-in shower, but she wanted a better way to rinse her hair.

We do have a shower head, but showering in a bathtub is just not the same.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3552 on: May 19, 2021, 03:13:46 PM »
I put my media cabinet together and didn't realize until I stood it upright that I nailed the backing on backwards -_-

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3553 on: May 19, 2021, 03:52:44 PM »
I put my media cabinet together and didn't realize until I stood it upright that I nailed the backing on backwards -_-

i always forget to tighten the bottom shelves on my ikea shelves :( i'm not great at following directions.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: May 19, 2021, 06:46:21 PM »
I hate it when I'm trying to organize my pony fanart folder by artists and it turns out that an artist deleted all their original profiles and I can't verify if something was really by them, or that two artists might actually be the same person using different nicknames and I don't know if I should merge both folders or keep them separate :stressed:
Inka Dinka Doo

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal