collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 463980 times)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3525 on: May 13, 2021, 11:32:43 AM »
i just want to hide from the world today :(
Oh yeah? Try hiding from THIS :tackleglomp: :deathhug: (but seriously, I hope you feel better soon :heart:)

I've been having some... worrying thoughts lately. It seems like all I can think about during the day is food and calories, but I've also had nightmares about overeating several nights in a row. Even last night, I had this really cool dream about going on a highly dangerous mid-winter rescue mission, and wouldn't you know it, there was a subplot about me making too much pizza and freaking out about it (Hello?? Brain?? How are those things even related?) I'm going to take a break from weight loss now before it becomes a REAL problem, no worries. It's just so annoying because I'm so close to being done anyway! >_<

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: May 13, 2021, 11:48:13 AM »
@Pokeyonekenobie: haha, I don't think my aim is would have been good enough to hit that thing! After thinking about it a while, I decided to mentally give him the benefit of the doubt. He was young; late teens or early 20's...I tried to see my son in 15 years or so, he is on the spectrum and becomes very obsessed with specific things without awareness of the social boundaries such as how close it is acceptable to come to people, or that certain behaviors could be viewed as creepy. Maybe he is a kid like that, who is obsessed with flight and just got a drone for his birthday and didn't realize he was weirding me out. Maybe not, either, and he IS a creeper, but if I see him there again maybe I'll just point-blank ask him what he's doing and go from there. I have the feeling we are going to be spending a lot of time in that area this summer.

@Ponyfan: I'm sorry you're struggling with your parents. I have found that living with people in general is just so, so hard. I can't imagine doing it with my parents! I think we'd drive each other batty.

My trivial thing: I came across an ad for a garage sale while searching for a non-pony-related item. Upon zooming in on a picture, I spotted a bag with a label 'vintage My Little Ponies, $5'. It was mostly cut off on the side of the picture, but I could tell that it had a SS Cupcake in the bag for sure. The problem? My day is completely full between a zoom meeting, watching my son speak at his class church liturgy on the YouTube livestream, and picking him up from his art club, and there's no way I can make it to that sale and get back in time for any of it! Why, oh why, do I even torture myself...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3527 on: May 13, 2021, 04:29:29 PM »
My mom ordered a recliner for me from Wayfair. It was an open box on clearance for only $74. Regular price is 230. It wasn't supposed to come until next week so I wasn't expecting it. Luckily, I had ordered stuff from Amazon yesterday. I was actually in bed already when someone knocked on the door. I figured it was Amazon and got up to get the box, thinking the driver would be gone. Nope! He was extremely nice and told me there was a big box at the bottom of my stairs. Did I mention it was raining? It was raining and had been for awhile. He offered to bring it in for me. Of course, the box was soaked and fell apart but he was able to get it inside. The chair was wrapped but the one armrest got wet. Not badly, I think it will dry fine. I thanked him profusely and will give him 5* with above & beyond.

But what about Wayfair??! My mom orders from them all the time, she has a credit card even and is always saying how great they are. Pffft. Maybe I got a lazy driver but seriously, not bringing it up the stairs is a jerk move. It's mainly a furniture company, what did they think? The Amazon guy had no trouble aside from the box falling apart and it wasn't wet when it was delivered :mad: 

I would be even more ticked if it was bought new.

I'm putting in a complaint tomorrow. It says delivery to your dorr, not to the bottom of your stairs!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: May 13, 2021, 09:53:04 PM »
I have 2 nephews graduating this month.  One can only have 5 people at his graduation so I understand why he invited his grandparents and not me.  The other can have as many people as he wants (they live in a tiny town so the rules aren't as strict there).  I want to go, but if I do then we have to figure out what to do with the dog and change my schedule at work.  If I don't go, my parents can go without worrying about their dog (because I will be here to babysit) and I will be able to help my parents watch 2 of my other nephews and their 2 dogs the following week.  Either way I won't get any painting done because of babysitting. 

Sometimes I really hate feeling like the live-in nanny instead of the aunt...

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3529 on: May 14, 2021, 02:10:26 PM »
An update. I was mad and blamed Wayfair yesterday but the chair was delivered by FedEX. I called today and complained about the driver. Finding out how to lodge a complaint with FedEX took a couple of Google searches but I finally found a number.

Anyway, my complaint for today is I did way too much last night and hurt my back (which is always in pain as it is) and then earlier I stepped wrong and hurt my ankle. THEN I hurt it again when I went to get the mail so it's very painful now. I don't feel well today. My cat woke me up at 4am for breakfast and I decided to make some coffee and stay up. That was a mistake.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: May 14, 2021, 03:18:00 PM »
I live in the suburbs but close enough to the countryside.

Yesterday a cow got loose and "did a runner" in a residential part of my neighbourhood, headbutting a woman.

The police were called but came to the decision that they could not dart the cow. (Why not?)
What did they do instead?
Hint - there is phone video posted of the incident online -
yep, they drove into the poor cow & knocked it over.  :shrug: :facepalm: :shakefist:
The poor animal was then euthanised.

C'mon. There are more humane ways to deal with this incident, no?

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: May 14, 2021, 03:44:24 PM »

Yesterday a cow got loose and "did a runner" in a residential part of my neighbourhood, headbutting a woman.

The police were called but came to the decision that they could not dart the cow. (Why not?)
yep, they drove into the poor cow & knocked it over.  :shrug: :facepalm: :shakefist:

And they didn't just loop a rope around its neck and walk it home?  Cows are kind of dumb but generally sweet (at least the ones I've come into contact with are) and usually if you lure it with something to eat it will follow you willingly.  It probably head butted that lady because it was scared.  Poor cow.  It's sad when people are dumber than livestock.  :hatsuharu:

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: May 14, 2021, 06:20:17 PM »
We are resetting our store people are crabby at us over it.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: May 15, 2021, 03:22:01 AM »

And they didn't just loop a rope around its neck and walk it home?  Cows are kind of dumb but generally sweet (at least the ones I've come into contact with are) and usually if you lure it with something to eat it will follow you willingly.  It probably head butted that lady because it was scared.  Poor cow.  It's sad when people are dumber than livestock.  :hatsuharu:

Apparently it was "too aggressive"
- more like frightened to the core and naturally running away from weirdo hoomins!!
A lot of folks are very upset at what happened.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3534 on: May 15, 2021, 08:22:36 AM »
Aw, no :( Poor cow. Most humans are so stupid around other animals. Then the animals pay the price.

I've misplaced my favorite hair tie. I think I fell asleep with it on but can't find it.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: May 15, 2021, 11:45:44 AM »
Last night I didn't see my dog and accidently stepped on her.  She got mad and bit my toe.   I was walking around barefoot so it really hurt.  She didn't puncture the skin but she left teeth marks and it hurt for a couple of hours afterward.  This first thing my mom asked was if the dog was okay.  I tried to talk to her about that this morning and she said that she was worried that something happened to the dog and knows I would be upset if that happened.  I would be but it seemed odd that she didn't ask me if I was okay first after the dog bit me.

Also, Target has redesigned their carry baskets.  I held one today and watched a blister or something form under my skin after touching it.  They must be using rubber or latex on the handle. :( I'm allergic to latex. 

Ponyfan 

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:01:52 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: May 15, 2021, 02:38:57 PM »
Also, Target has redesigned their carry baskets.  I held one today and watched a blister or something form under my skin after touching it.  They must be using rubber or latex on the handle. :( I'm allergic to latex. 

Ponyfan

Sorry about the doggie incident, hope she isn't giving you the side-eye today!

If Target really have started using latex then they really should have disclosed it! I'm not allergic to latex but I can't stand touching it - my skin ends up smelling strongly of it and really bothers me - even rubber gloves are a no - no (I especially seek out latex-free gloves) so I really sympathise with those who actually are allergic to it.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3537 on: May 16, 2021, 11:33:00 AM »
I almost fell twice getting out of the shower. For some reason, my tub is elevated somewhat and the sides are taller than most bathtubs. I have trouble lifting my legs up so I have to be very careful getting in and out. I was a little dizzy and nauseous and wasn't paying close attention when I put my foot down on the rug and tipped forward. Then my other leg didn't make it over the edge and I almost fell again. 

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3538 on: May 16, 2021, 03:46:52 PM »
I almost fell twice getting out of the shower. For some reason, my tub is elevated somewhat and the sides are taller than most bathtubs. I have trouble lifting my legs up so I have to be very careful getting in and out. I was a little dizzy and nauseous and wasn't paying close attention when I put my foot down on the rug and tipped forward. Then my other leg didn't make it over the edge and I almost fell again. 

I'm glad you're ok. i have so much hatred for the shower/tub combo. just build showers with no tub or separate tub and shower. i have strong opinions about bathrooms.

I fell getting out of the shower in the at house i lived in. it had porcelain tile that would get very slippery if there was any water. we pretty much had to cover the floor with towels. luckily i didn't hit my head but i fell into the door frame and bruised my back. i also slipped and fell into dog pee twice. that house was a death trap. porcelain tile is terrible for flooring.

my complaint today i listened to a podcast about the exxon valdeez oil spill and now i'm sad and angry at the oil industry. it happened on my birthday when i was a kid and i just remember all of the animals covered in oil. which was horrible enough. but there wasn't a lot of follow up in the press on how the entire community was completely devastated. i don't know why i listen to podcasts that make me angry and sad.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: May 16, 2021, 07:21:41 PM »
I always hated the tub/shower combo...until I had kids. Now all I have is a stand-up shower in one bathroom and a stand-alone super deep jacuzzi bathtub in my bathroom, and I haaaaate it. I pretty much just have to get in the tub with my girls to get them washed up, because it kills my back trying to sit on the ledge and reach down. I can't wait to get out of this house. I'd kill to have a combo deal now!

Trivial complaint: (other than complaining about my bathroom misconfiguration!) I just washed my bathroom rug, and my daughter promptly wet on it before getting into the bath. More laundry...ugh.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal