collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 464008 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3510 on: May 05, 2021, 10:28:09 AM »
Wow, everyone is having a really bad time :(

:grouphug:

My complaint is I'm sick. I haven't gone anywhere with people except the office and everyone had masks on. Maybe the stress of my dad being gone and my sleep study (which was cancelled) made me sick. I was up all night tossing and turning, couldn't decide if I was too cold or too hot. Bad headache, white tongue, sore all over, my throat feels constrained. Just very uncomfortable feeling.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: May 05, 2021, 03:35:21 PM »
I'm sorry you're sick BlackCurtains. :hug:

LadyAmalthea, I'm sorry that happened to you.

My dog is back from the vet and everything has to be drastically changed.  I thought that maybe her hips were out of joint or arthritis but the vet said that my dog has two vertebrae that are fused together and a third that could possibly fuse to the other 2.  The vertebrae are so fragile that they might break and if they do, my dog will be permanently paralyzed. The vet said keep her still for 30 days and she's not supposed to move around a lot.  So if she isn't laying down she needs to be in a crate. She also has to be carried outside (no going through the doggie door)  We didn't crate train her so she isn't used to it.  She is still living a good life but I didn't expect her appointment to end with all of this.

I had to buy a new purse.  No one in my family could get the zipper unstuck.     :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3512 on: May 05, 2021, 03:37:15 PM »
 My parents' had to put one of their cats to sleep today. I haven't seen him in over a year and i didn't get to say goodbye :cloud: :sad: he was such a good cat.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3513 on: May 05, 2021, 03:44:34 PM »
:hug: to all of you guys above :(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3514 on: May 05, 2021, 07:10:21 PM »
I'm so sorry for your pets, Ponyfan and Beth :(  :hug:

I'm feeling a little better after sleeping most of the day but my new complaint isn't so trivial. I got a letter in my door - I've learned these are usually not full of good news. I'm coming up for review for my apartment. Officially the date has passed, but they gave me an extension already to get some more documents to them. I have a previous letter right here that says the documents I needed to turn in. NOWHERE does it say anything about tax forms. In fact, there is a Tax Forms spot and it is blank. I got this letter a month ago.

The new letter is saying I am missing documents. One of them is a couple of tax forms. I need to turn these documents in tomorrow. ????? Okay fine. I go to the IRS site and am relieved I can print what I need. First they have to verify my identity. Because this is the government they play by their own rules and cannot use my SSN to verify me. They need a credit card number or numbers from loans or debts. Guess what I don't have! Debit cards cannot be used and for some bizarre reason, bank accounts are not an option. So they are unable to verify my identity. Instead of getting the forms I need online, now I have to fill out a form to get the forms and mail it to them. Once received, it will take 5-10 business days to get the forms.

I get a letter a month ago, says nothing about tax forms.
I get a letter today, saying I need tax forms.
The forms have to be handed in tomorrow.
If they are not, I may not be renewed and will be asked to vacate.
I cannot get forms online because I have no credit card, loans or non-medical debt (medical debt does not count)
It will take at least 5 days to get said forms. Probably longer.
What. The. Flip.

Tomorrow I am taking both letters to the office to show that, a month ago, no one said I needed tax forms. Like I said, I had already been given an extension for the prior paperwork (I needed my parents signatures and then have it notarized - that was its own headache).

UGHHHHHHH

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3515 on: May 07, 2021, 08:28:14 AM »
I'm supposed to get a call about my IRS forms dealie. Today is when I'm supposed to turn them in... I hope they call so I can explain the situation. It's making me nervous.

And my complaint for today (thus far) - My speakers are all messed up! :pout: One is really loud, I can't turn it down, the other one I can't hear at all. There's a break in the wire or something because when I move it even slightly it goes all staticky.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: May 08, 2021, 03:39:05 AM »
I tried baking brownies for Mother’s Day and I messed them up so bad. :mad: First of all the batter ended up WAY too thick, it felt more like a cookie dough than a brownie batter. And then when I was putting away my ingredients I see i forgot to add sugar in! UGH no wonder the batter tasted bad. But then again I feel like it was so dry to begin with another dry ingredient would have really messed it up more.

I put....whatever I created into the oven anyway. We’ll see what comes out, but I think I need to just make another batch tomorrow night. :(

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: May 08, 2021, 03:31:09 PM »
Thank you BlackCurtains and Taffeta.  My dog is doing a little better but we still need to be very careful with her.

I have been so exhausted lately that when I get home I don't feel like doing much even activities that I usually enjoy.

Work has been stressful lately. 

I went to  store today and the employee standing at the entrance asked me if I wanted hand sanitizer.  I told her no because I already had my own with me.   She then asked me if I wanted a bag (This store's Covid policy is that you put all the items you want to purchase in a bag and bring it to the register.)   I grabbed a cardboard candle holder because I wanted to buy candles and asked politely if there were any larger bags because all of the ones up front were too small for the candle holder to fit in.  The employee replied that the only way to get a bag big enough was after the purchase was made.  For some reason her response rubbed me the wrong way.   

Ponyfan

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: May 09, 2021, 05:04:46 PM »
I watched Mulholland Drive but didn't understand a thing :(
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3519 on: May 09, 2021, 06:05:00 PM »
I had a coughing attack that left my eyes watering and my nose running. Think it was a cat hair caught in my throat.

Then I was putting some sodas in the fridge and hit my thumb knuckle on one of the door shelves and immediately got a blood blister.

I've been saving boxes for my sister and they're starting to pile up. There's a big one in the hallway that I tripped on earlier.

I wanted to take a shower so I cleaned out the tub and my handheld showerhead started leaking. I don't have any plumbers tape.

It's been an annoying day.

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3520 on: May 10, 2021, 08:01:34 AM »
A plant I ordered 3 months ago, which should have been despatched in February, arrived today.

Pretty sure its dead.

It was apparently only despatched on Friday.

...The people sending it must have noticed the state of it when despatching.

Not amused.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: May 12, 2021, 03:49:24 PM »
It's finally getting nice enough out that I can spend some time outside waiting while my son is in his therapy. I've been wanting to explore this nice trail in the area, and we finally did. We walked a while, and stopped at a rest area so I could feed my girls and let them run around a bit. It's pleasantly isolated, with people passing by occasionally but not consistently. This loner-looking guy comes up, makes a pass around the shelter we were at, then disappears for a few minutes. Then he comes back and flies a drone right over where I was sitting and my girls were playing. He was trying to hide from us behind a restroom structure about 50-60 feet away, but I could see him popping out from behind a support beam as he tried to maintain remote contact. He flew it rather purposefully for about 2 minutes, like he was after really specific footage, and then caught it and walked away. It kind of creeped me out, and I was contemplating packing my kids up to leave right before he caught it. I hope he's not a pedophile. Am I just being paranoid and overprotective? Maybe normal people do this and I'm just out of the technology loop...it made me feel uncomfortable though.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: May 12, 2021, 04:21:23 PM »
It's finally getting nice enough out that I can spend some time outside waiting while my son is in his therapy. I've been wanting to explore this nice trail in the area, and we finally did. We walked a while, and stopped at a rest area so I could feed my girls and let them run around a bit. It's pleasantly isolated, with people passing by occasionally but not consistently. This loner-looking guy comes up, makes a pass around the shelter we were at, then disappears for a few minutes. Then he comes back and flies a drone right over where I was sitting and my girls were playing. He was trying to hide from us behind a restroom structure about 50-60 feet away, but I could see him popping out from behind a support beam as he tried to maintain remote contact. He flew it rather purposefully for about 2 minutes, like he was after really specific footage, and then caught it and walked away. It kind of creeped me out, and I was contemplating packing my kids up to leave right before he caught it. I hope he's not a pedophile. Am I just being paranoid and overprotective? Maybe normal people do this and I'm just out of the technology loop...it made me feel uncomfortable though.

I would have thrown rocks at it.  If he said anything I'd have told him off for being a creeper and told him to go right ahead and call the cops to sort it out.  Then they'd know who he was when the next person complained about his creepy behavior.

Trivial complaint is that I've pulled something in the back of my knee and while it's slowly getting better it makes me not want to walk on the treadmill or ride my exercise bike until it stops hurting so I don't damage it worse. 
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 04:23:43 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: May 12, 2021, 07:39:02 PM »
@Taffeta.  I'm sorry your plant was already dead when it was sent to you.

@LadyAmalthea, I'm sorry that happened to you.  I would have been wary of that guy too.

I love my parents  but they are doing small things that are really annoying me.  I know they're not doing it on purpose but there has been something almost everyday. It doesn't do much good to talk about it with them because most of the time my mom will just dismiss it.  I won't list everything but two things happened today. 

First the bathtub faucet has been dripping for long time but it finally got so bad that my parents called our plumbing/air conditioning/heating  company to look at it.  They were able to fix it.  Hours later I went in to take a shower and spent several minutes having to clean debris out of the tub before I could use it.  I don't know why  my parents didn't notice that the tub needed to be cleaned after the plumbers left.

We are still having to take my elderly dog outside when she needs to go.  I asked my mom if she thought the dog needed to go out and she said no.  Five minutes later the dog needed to go outside. When I asked her why she didn't take the dog out five minutes ago she just said "I didn't think she needed to go outside."

Edit: My dad ordered a multiple device charger and I had to help set it up.  Now he's decided that we can't use it because I said we should only use the cords that came with our devices.  The instruction book says you can take the outlet plug off of the original cord and then plug in to the charger.   He's not satisficed with that though and wants to return it.  The company wants him to pay $15 to return the charger.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 08:28:32 AM by Ponyfan »

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #3524 on: May 13, 2021, 10:22:53 AM »
i just want to hide from the world today :(
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal