collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What made you smile today?  (Read 246686 times)

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What made you smile today?
« Reply #1545 on: August 06, 2021, 02:08:35 PM »
I painted my dad's birthday present and didn't spill paint all over it like last time  :lol: Relieved I don't have to start over yet again.
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: August 07, 2021, 05:52:04 PM »
Saturday was my mother’s and niece’s birthday. :tort: A small-scale celebration was held in our home.
I baked a lot of pancakes with my mother. Pastries, cake, muffins and biscuits were also available. 
It was a really fun day and the Birthday Heroes were happy with their gifts. :party:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: August 07, 2021, 11:49:10 PM »
Somebody on a Pony discord was drawing Ponies for free, so I asked on the off chance. She drew a gorgeous rendition of the Pony!!! I have another awesome piece of Twisty Tail art in my Twisty Tail gallery. The user calls herself Zatillias, & her art is adorable xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1548 on: August 08, 2021, 08:10:19 AM »
I made a sale yesterday! It makes up for a bad purchase I made the day before. In fact, the sale was more than I had spent, so I got some extra money :)

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: August 08, 2021, 03:04:43 PM »
This made me smile today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmafNILJBZA

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1551 on: August 10, 2021, 01:35:02 PM »
I ordered Domino's for dinner and not only did I get enough points for a free pizza next time but I got free lava cakes with the new promotion. I'd never had lava cakes before, they were really good! And certainly took care of any chocolate cravings I might have :P

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 11, 2021, 03:44:44 PM »

I have a butterfly bar in the garden. Many Admirals (In Finnish: Amiraali) and Mourning cloaks (In Finnish: Suruvaippa) have visited there every day. There are also flies and wasps that I don't like so much, but they also need food.  :)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1553 on: August 13, 2021, 07:28:36 PM »

I have a butterfly bar in the garden. Many Admirals (In Finnish: Amiraali) and Mourning cloaks (In Finnish: Suruvaippa) have visited there every day. There are also flies and wasps that I don't like so much, but they also need food.  :)

what is a butterfly bar? i tried to search but it just brought up a local cocktail bar and handlebars for bikes. neither interests me. but i like butterflies :)
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #1554 on: August 14, 2021, 07:02:33 AM »

what is a butterfly bar? i tried to search but it just brought up a local cocktail bar and handlebars for bikes. neither interests me. but i like butterflies :)

Try 'butterfly feeder', I believe that'll give some more results :) We call it a butterfly bar in Finnish, probably because it sounds fun... maybe 'butterfly buffet' is something you'd do in English for a similar connotation and fun allitteration. :D (Ok googled it and yup, got some results, esp. for DIY feeders! Might be a regional difference, too?)

--
What made me smile today? This meme  :P (Reddit link)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1555 on: August 14, 2021, 03:20:15 PM »

Try 'butterfly feeder', I believe that'll give some more results :) We call it a butterfly bar in Finnish, probably because it sounds fun... maybe 'butterfly buffet' is something you'd do in English for a similar connotation and fun allitteration. :D (Ok googled it and yup, got some results, esp. for DIY feeders! Might be a regional difference, too?)

--
What made me smile today? This meme  :P (Reddit link)

thanks :) i found some results. i think i'll try to make a DIY one after I move.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: August 14, 2021, 05:14:53 PM »

Oh sorry, I didn’t explain in more detail what kind of “bar” it is!  :( 
Fortunately, Griffin came to help!  :hug: :cheer:

For butterflies, I have served pieces of watermelon and a mixture of banana, sugar and red wine vinegar on a plate.
I would have put photos, but the photo sharing service I used doesn’t work.  >_<

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1557 on: August 14, 2021, 07:19:19 PM »
I ordered for my cat from Chewy and they were sold out of both her favorite food. I got something new. It's the brand she eats so I wasn't concerned about that, but it's got extra gravy and she doesn't like the "gravy lovers" food they sell... so I was a little wary.

She loves it! :biggrin: She ate an entire can for breakfast and cleaned her bowl. She had another whole can for dinner and did it again! :cheer: She's almost 19 and only weighs 4lbs, so it's always good when she eats. I can't remember the last time she ate two full cans in one day. I guess she has a new favorite :P

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1558 on: August 15, 2021, 12:54:36 AM »
We've been talking about maybe raising butterflies next spring. Dad used to do it when he was a kid, and apparently it's still possible, but we're working out the best way to do it that is right for the bugs.

Today I discovered the BBC made a new version of the Demon Headmaster, which to anyone who doesn't know was a book/adapted to TV around 1989 that was one of my favourites as a kid. (I had a horrible headteacher, and related to it massively). The new TV series is a sequel and I wasn't sure what it was going to be like, but they tied it into the past story and even had Terence Hardiman appear in it (the original headmaster). But the thing that made me smile is that I'm sure it was written by someone either connected to teaching or fed up with listening to their kids rant. As it seems like a damning indictment of the govt education policy and academies...xD. Having grown up in a house with 2 retired teachers, both of whom have much to say about current education stuff (esp. my Dad)...this amused me.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: August 15, 2021, 04:10:46 AM »
Today I discovered the BBC made a new version of the Demon Headmaster...

My kid watched it at the time on CBBC and then on-demand on repeat, both the new one and the vintage, old ones! She even dressed up as The Headmaster for world book day; she's read all the books, too.

The recent one is really good drama - there is a surprise at the end so you need to watch all the episodes! Well worth it for the nostalgia  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal