collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What made you smile today?  (Read 249596 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: What made you smile today?
« Reply #1395 on: April 28, 2021, 07:39:56 AM »
Absentmindedly browsing Amazon last night I got into looking at camping chairs. Then I found these fold up telescoping stools that are meant for traveling. THEN I found one that supports up to 500lbs. I'm going to buy it and try walking around the block, sitting when I need to. Maybe I can finally get some exercise and lose weight.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 28, 2021, 02:37:46 PM »
The subject of tinsel hair came up on a Discord thread, & I said where I'd managed to get hold of some, showing my Custom Xmas Ponies as examples. Xmas Tree & friends got the love again xxx

Post Merge: April 29, 2021, 11:54:25 AM

Smiles today: everybody saying hi to my sharky!!! I went to get my jab & decided to go early to spoil myself a bit because I could. Loads of people loved seeing Bakana (the plushie sharky) in her cardigan & nurse cap.
Bakana & I had cheesy chips, coffee & a Malteser slice, & for the coffee & slice we got to sit in!!! They had a limit on the customers inside, but due to screens we could both eat & drink in the shop, which saved us being soaked by drizzle.
We found some fun stuff as well, including a couple of cute Phonies & a G4 bag. We even found a playground just outside the place to get the jab & we hung out there for a bit.
All in all a pleasant outing.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 11:54:25 AM by Ponybookworm »
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #1397 on: April 29, 2021, 02:16:22 PM »
My birds have started preening each other! I adopted my second budgie only a few months ago, and it makes me so happy to see how well he's settled in, and how the two of them love spending time together even if their personalities are very different.

Wishlist

Offline SpacePinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 30, 2021, 02:54:01 PM »
I have finally completed the last of the three checklists that have been lying around unfinished for years, and this one was started way back in 2014! It feels nice knowing that I finally have this taken care of.
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1399 on: April 30, 2021, 04:46:06 PM »
My cat and I have a new routine. Before bed, she comes in and sits in the same spot and just hangs out with me for a while. I can lay down and pet her and she quacks and purrs. I call it "hangin' out time" :P She's been sleeping in the living room instead of her bed in my bed, so it's nice to spend time with her before we go our separate ways until morning :heart:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1400 on: May 02, 2021, 10:04:14 AM »
I found the scissors!! they were behind a box in the pony room :huh:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1401 on: May 02, 2021, 11:32:11 AM »
I found the scissors!! they were behind a box in the pony room :huh:

Please come look for my scissors! They have been MIA since a disturbing incident involving stickly stacking toys and a scarf. Don't ask. ><

My football team won yesterday, even without their captain on the field. :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1402 on: May 02, 2021, 01:18:28 PM »
My cat again. I made vegetarian burgers and fries. When it was done I gave her a little bit of fries and she ate them. Then I gave her some burger with cheese and she ate that too. A little while later I gave her fries again and she looked at it, looked at me, looked back at the fries and quacked :lol: She didn't eat it, she wanted more burger!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: May 02, 2021, 02:12:00 PM »
I found a downy woodpecker nest in the forest!  The parents were feeding the babies.  I also saw a pileated woodpecker in that forest for the first time.  Double woodpecker excitement!
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: May 02, 2021, 08:33:44 PM »
I was looking at some old pictures of my aunt today in honor of our shared birthday. She passed away in March, and it was my first birthday without her. It was bittersweet, but some of the pictures made me smile. There was one of the Christmas she gave my sister the pony baby buggy, and she was helping her set it up while my other sister looked on covetously. Gusty was on the floor in the picture, too...I had always wondered where Gusty came from, I knew she was my younger sister's, but didn't know who got her for her.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: May 03, 2021, 12:00:03 AM »
I was looking at some old pictures of my aunt today in honor of our shared birthday. She passed away in March, and it was my first birthday without her. It was bittersweet, but some of the pictures made me smile. There was one of the Christmas she gave my sister the pony baby buggy, and she was helping her set it up while my other sister looked on covetously. Gusty was on the floor in the picture, too...I had always wondered where Gusty came from, I knew she was my younger sister's, but didn't know who got her for her.

Oh, cherished memories, so special  :heart: :heart:

I smiled today because the scales were kind to me this morning!

I weighed myself for the first time in a year last Friday, and yikes, I had PILED on the lard this past year. May 1st was the re-start of diet & exercise, I fired-up My Fitness Pal to log all of the calories that go through my mouth & got my running gear deployed... a very slow 5k "shuffle" rather than a run (easing myself gently back to fitness) which shall be repeated every 2 days.

Anyway, after 3 days of this & going more often to the bathroom (losing water weight and post water-retention from muscles after exercise) it appears that I have lost 4lb!! Gotta keep at it, though, I always lose more at the start of a diet, the frustrating times happen when I get to the point where I lose maybe half a pound a week.  :P

ETA

Oh, saw a video of a guitar teacher explaining the intro "The Wind Cries Mary" by Jimi Hendrix. Love that tune, but was always awed & scared to even attempt to learn to play it. He broke it down and revealed the simplicity of the chords so I had fun trying them out; still trying to figure out the finger-picking bit but hey, more practice...  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 12:06:49 AM by glitterball »

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: May 03, 2021, 05:06:35 PM »
My cat finally adopted a new, wonderfully soft bed and is still sleeping in a funny position on his back.  :lovey:
At first, I was afraid it wouldn’t like it because its favorite places have always been a cardboard box and a bookshelf.  :rolleyes:
:zzz:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #1407 on: May 05, 2021, 06:44:47 AM »
The Saimaa ringed seal cam is live again! My favourite reality tv show, haha. At the moment there's not just one but two seals. They are adorable and hilarious :lol: https://wwf.fi/en/wildlive/saimaa-ringed-seal/

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: May 05, 2021, 07:55:36 AM »
Something that I recently ordered from aliexpress has already arrived!

I think they've upped their game recently - most of my orders have arrived within 3 weeks rather than 3 months...  :cool:

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: May 05, 2021, 02:05:06 PM »
The Saimaa ringed seal cam is live again! My favourite reality tv show, haha. At the moment there's not just one but two seals. They are adorable and hilarious :lol: https://wwf.fi/en/wildlive/saimaa-ringed-seal/

Yippee! :party: Finally it's here again! Wonderful to watch. :inlove: Too bad the cameras don't show anything at night.
:zzz:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal