collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What made you smile today?  (Read 246700 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: What made you smile today?
« Reply #840 on: April 07, 2020, 01:22:17 PM »
The lilac bush had a blossom on it today. :D it looks it it might have blossomed a few days ago though. Lilacs don’t last very long.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 07, 2020, 02:57:09 PM »
Finally my seeds arrived, along with three bare root astilbe which I would normally have potted on but they had so much growth already I just put them right in the garden and let them get on with it.

Yay for seed deliveries!

I ordered some extra seeds off the Thompson & Morgan site and await my buffalosteak tomatoes, lovage (amazing herb to use in soups) and lettuce. What a mission - so many online stores have sold out.

Also found packets of basil, dill and thyme seeds that I bought from Lidl last month, slipped down amongst a box potatoes, so I'll get my kid to sow those tomorrow.

I have my bags of compost ready & waiting to service my temporary flower and veggie farm this summer!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #842 on: April 07, 2020, 03:50:40 PM »
Finally my seeds arrived, along with three bare root astilbe which I would normally have potted on but they had so much growth already I just put them right in the garden and let them get on with it.

Yay for seed deliveries!

I ordered some extra seeds off the Thompson & Morgan site and await my buffalosteak tomatoes, lovage (amazing herb to use in soups) and lettuce. What a mission - so many online stores have sold out.

Also found packets of basil, dill and thyme seeds that I bought from Lidl last month, slipped down amongst a box potatoes, so I'll get my kid to sow those tomorrow.

I have my bags of compost ready & waiting to service my temporary flower and veggie farm this summer!

Good luck with those!

Dad has chosen the seeds to plant so it seems we'll have a lot of radishes.

We have some Lettuce growing already from the freebie seeds M&S were giving out in Feb and March. Basil, too.

We've also already had a crop of Rhubarb which has been shared around to the neighbours and Dad's friend across the road (at social distance of course!) and there's more growing. Bit early for the apple tree, grape vine or berries, though.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 07, 2020, 04:59:23 PM »
Me: missing stroopwafels due to no car & no slots for Tesco. Me: ordering food off of eBay to supplement Co-op (requires no public transport so allowed). Me: searches "stroopwafels" on eBay. Me: finds them!!! :happy:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 09, 2020, 01:12:28 PM »
I absolutely dread going to the dentist even just for cleaning.  I was supposed to go in next week but the dentist called and said they aren't doing routine appointments right now due to the coronavirus.

Ponyfan

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 09, 2020, 04:49:41 PM »
PLANTS! I planted some pea and squash seeds I saved from last year a couple weeks ago. The Peas are such big sprouts now, and the squashes are finally showing sprouts at all. So excited to replant them (and really hoping the squashes give fruit this year, I've tried growing pumpkins two years in a row and none of the flowers were females/bore fruit).

Otherwise really excited to bring my strawberry plants out into the sun again. We may be getting snow tomorrow night so I want to make sure I don't rush them out, but hoping they'll do well this year after the winter they had to endure.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #846 on: April 10, 2020, 12:06:31 AM »
Ok, my English isn't the best when it comes to plants so bare with me, but the landlord has placed 8 big boxes filled with soil in the middle of the ground of the apartmentcomplexes for growing things and anyone interested could contact a number if they wanted to get one of those. I sent a text and got box number five! Suddenly I have a teeny tiny "garden" :biggrin: With them being in the middle of the place located between two smaller playgrounds and lots of kids running around I'll have to be careful of what I want to grow so how much as I want to have rhubarbs and strawberries, they are a no. I'm thinking radishes, squash and herbs. I already have herbs, carrots and radishes planted for my balcony but now I can have more! Also, one of my neighbours/formerworkmates/kindoffriend got box number six so now we can do gardening together, haha! ^.^

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 10, 2020, 01:28:57 AM »
One of my coworkers gave me a really nice shout out today! ^.^

I also got a promotion at work! :cheer: I’ll finally be in a position that’s not considered entry level, so I finally feel like I’m starting to make my way up in the food chain!

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 10, 2020, 01:47:56 PM »
Today's date & the chocolate cake I'll be eating soon!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 10, 2020, 02:25:35 PM »

:birthday:

:D

Today I dug out the lyrics to a song called Urei no Shiro which I had been meaning to get to because I keep singing the chorus lately and couldn't remember the rest of the words. But now I have them again :D Yay :D

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 10, 2020, 02:49:23 PM »

Today I dug out the lyrics to a song called Urei no Shiro which I had been meaning to get to because I keep singing the chorus lately and couldn't remember the rest of the words. But now I have them again :D Yay :D
Cheers Taffeta!!! Can you help wi what name the blue Secret Surprise had in the UK??? (I'd go to your site but you're here lol)

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 10, 2020, 03:04:20 PM »
Happy birthday Ponybookworm! :birthday: :tort: 

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 10, 2020, 03:56:13 PM »

Cheers Taffeta!!! Can you help wi what name the blue Secret Surprise had in the UK??? (I'd go to your site but you're here lol)

Shimmering Secret, if you mean the aqua one with purple hair??
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 10, 2020, 04:44:33 PM »
Happy birthday!  Hope your cake was delicious!

My neighbours cat came for a visit while I was outside today, and wouldn't leave until he got some pets and cuddles!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 04:46:52 PM by slyons »

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 10, 2020, 07:46:11 PM »

Shimmering Secret, if you mean the aqua one with purple hair??
The very one!!! That would make the purple-bodied one Shining Secret then right???

Everybody else: your bd wishes make me smile too, & yep, the cake is delicious!!! (have half of it left)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal