collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What made you smile today?  (Read 246589 times)

BlackCurtains and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: What made you smile today?
« Reply #495 on: May 10, 2019, 10:50:56 AM »
The new Cranberries album, I love it so, SO much. Although smiling isn't quite the right word... Yes, it does bring a smile to my face, but it's accompanied by many tears. :cloud: :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #496 on: May 10, 2019, 01:43:43 PM »
The new Cranberries album, I love it so, SO much. Although smiling isn't quite the right word... Yes, it does bring a smile to my face, but it's accompanied by many tears. :cloud: :heart:

Glad you finally got it!!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #497 on: May 10, 2019, 10:01:46 PM »
I realised that I'm finally financially stable enough that I can spoil myself with a new phone without wrecking my economy. I got myself a pro model, not the cheaper lite versions I've always had. I love it. I love the colour (Twilight Purple). I just ordered a case and the prize didn't make me cringe. It feels wonderful.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 11, 2019, 12:19:34 PM »
Glad you finally got it!!

Thanks! :D

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 12, 2019, 02:33:23 AM »
Firstly, what a glorious, sunny, warm Sunday morning! Instant smile there.  :cool:

Bootsale just a mile away at my local precinct - saw just one random G3 pony (passed up on buying her) but bought a few surprise vintage rhinestone brooches that were very reasonably priced.

Husband was at home looking after kiddo so I had a free hour to relax and wander around. Treated myself to a posh coffee at the nearby cafe and had a brief read of the newspapers. Peaceful!  :relaxed:

Oh, and the most BEAUTIFUL antique Victorian piece of furniture was delivered to me - I could hardly sleep last night in excited anticipation of receiving it. It was an Ebay find and I HAD TO HAVE IT!!!  :lol:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 12, 2019, 02:40:56 AM »
The weather is really nice down here as well!
The boot sale was quite busy also. Didn't find many ponies but picked up a couple.

One was from a young girl being watched over protectively by her big sister. I picked up a bag in which there were a couple of pony things and she looked at me and said, very importantly, "that's 50p!"

So of course I bought it xD. She was only about four I think. She seemed very proud to be the stallholder xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 12, 2019, 03:25:18 AM »
The boot sale was quite busy also. Didn't find many ponies but picked up a couple.

One was from a young girl being watched over protectively by her big sister. I picked up a bag in which there were a couple of pony things and she looked at me and said, very importantly, "that's 50p!"

So of course I bought it xD. She was only about four I think. She seemed very proud to be the stallholder xD.

Bless her cotton socks!  :biggrin:
Man, I love booting  :D

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 12, 2019, 10:35:22 AM »

Bless her cotton socks!  :biggrin:
Man, I love booting  :D

So do I, especially when the weather is fine and the field is busy.

I also almost didn't buy a G3. I went back and ended up buying her because she looked sad on her own. When I checked, it looks like I don't have her already. So I guess she's now got a home.

It's been a stressful week so the little things are to be thankful for.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 14, 2019, 02:40:12 PM »
This baby sloth video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaqzPMOd_1g

The one at the 1:19 mark made me laugh out loud.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 14, 2019, 10:53:18 PM »
Well, this was yesterday but I needed the evening to recover from the experience because I was cracking up about it countless times during the day. We got a job application at work that was just plain amazing. It's clearly someone who hasn't read the job profile properly, seen that it's a fairly well-paid position and just hastily lobbed a CV at us. It's a fire safety job so we really need someone who pays attention to detail and this guy clearly didn't at any point in the process of applying.
I was handed a photocopy of his cover letter and he apparently has "years of experience of standing in front of people", which is not only a baffling statement in itself but also totally irrelevant to the job, I'm kind of imagining he's been going "You shall not pass!!!" at people this whole time! There were also his typos, such as "spenending a lot of time" on things and "redencies" which I still can't figure out if that's "redundancies" or "residencies" and the real stunner was "oppertunity".
I'm not in charge but somehow I doubt that chap is going to get the oppertunity to come in. At least get someone to have a quick proof-read of the thing before you send it! Oh yes, and he didn't even spell the company name correctly.
The manager says he's going to hang it on the staff notice board to cheer everyone up when they're having a bad day. :lol:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 10:56:55 PM by Miniature Sheep »

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 15, 2019, 01:31:37 PM »
I was wearing a combination of clothes I really like, so I tried to take a picture of myself with it. They all looked awful (I'm not that photogenic, lol!). However, the only one that looked half decent (maybe even good, can I say that about myself?) was one that I happened to take when I said something to my husband. It's just so wonderful to see that you look so different when you look at someone you love. Those are the pictures that say something, that document you. So much better than all those dumb, stiff, posed pictures! :D

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 16, 2019, 05:33:50 AM »
The butterflies are back in my local town! When I moved here last summer one of the walkways had butterflies hanging over it and it was so pretty. But they took them down come autumn and I thought they were gone for good. But nope! Spring is here and they are back :D Yay :D

Also, I found a soup in Sainsburys that I used to get all the time when I lived in North London but haven't been able to find here till now. I don't care if it isn't soup weather - I bought some anyway :) I am super picky on soups, most I don't like, so it was nice to see this one back :D
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 17, 2019, 08:45:10 AM »
A package from the US came to me in just three days! :blink: That has never happened before.

Of course what was IN the package made me smile even more. :D This shirt! :heart: The fabric is extremely unflattering on my body type, but I don't care, I will wear it with pride!

Spoiler

(Dolores's face only looks off on the picture because of those dang curves, the actual print is perfect!)

Offline OleGrayMane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • A Third Act Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 18, 2019, 03:44:37 PM »
When rearranging the contents of my car's trunk, I found the Luna pin I lost from my work bag last week.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 19, 2019, 09:14:05 AM »
Someone leaves notes on poles and street lights.  Typically you see advertising (garage sale and so on) but the ones going around are positive reminder notes.  The one I saw thismoring said 'You are Loved'.

These notes are on random posts across the city, and each message is different.  Always makes me smile when I see one.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal