collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 202518 times)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1155 on: August 30, 2021, 02:50:06 AM »
I need something new to watch.....
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1156 on: August 30, 2021, 06:51:36 AM »
I've been clicking on stuff randomly on CR lately.

I watched Noblesse last night. It's utterly ridiculous on pretty much all levels, but I can't help wanting to hug M-21 so I ended up watching most of it. None of it makes a lot of sense, not least why they had teacups and victorian apparel 800 years ago, but anyways...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: September 01, 2021, 09:48:42 AM »
I spent most of the day watching AMVs on Netflix..so bored....

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 04, 2021, 12:53:02 AM »
I randomly discovered S-CRY-ed was on CR the other day. Also Vision of Escaflowne.

Super nostalgic as I watched both of those years ago. So I've been rewatching S-CRY-ed for old time's sake.

I know I watched it originally because Midorikawa Hikaru voices Ryuuho, but I am genuinely surprised Hoshi Souichirou voiced Kazuma because I've heard him in lots of things and I still really struggle to hear that it's him. Kudos to that. Midorikawa is more easily identifiable.

According to the copyright stamp on the opening titles, S-CRY-ed is from 2001. So it's 20 years old. It's probably at least 15 since I watched it if I'm honest.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ridi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
  • Bug whisperer
    • View Profile
    • Swellpage.com
« Reply #1159 on: September 05, 2021, 04:19:12 AM »
Just had another session catching up with the latest episodes of the Digimon Adventure 2020 reboot. It's such a chore to keep up because it's SO boring lmao. Admittedly I usually watch at 1.5x speed. But I feel like I have to complete it because the original 1999 anime is my favorite ever, and I love the cast of characters... even though their reboot versions are completely flanderized and range from annoying at worst to bland at best.

Only a few more episodes left and it's over :silly:

Wishlist

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: September 05, 2021, 09:18:16 PM »
I'm not sure if the Free trailer contains spoilers, but maybe hints...
Spoiler
I don't think there's anything in it that is a real shock though. Haru looking forward, Rin referencing his Dad, Ikuya saying he won't get lost any more...that he'll swim his own way..etc. The English is Albert, sounding impossibly American despite not being American, which always amuses me. That and the unnatural enunciation of all the English dialogue in this show...except probably Rin's.

I still sense some angst going on here though. 

Yeah, that image is...O.o.

The Mashiro no Oto anime ends in an odd and rather unsatisfactory place tbh.

It's apparently a long manga, like Yona, but I don't know if I am going to go after it yet. But the music is lovely :D And I do love that opening theme. It reminds me in places of some of the Haruka music, with the Japanese instrumental sections. May have to dig out my Haruka playlist (although they tend to use shakuhachi more than shamisen, it's still got that vibe).

Been randomly clicking on anime this week, in between other things :)

Daiya:
Spoiler
If not for that yips arc I don't think I'd ever have got to like Eijun, so even though its angsty, I quite like it. In the current manga I'm still a bit annoyed at him.

Thanks for translating the Free Final Stroke Trailer for me.  :D  I'm never sure if there are spoilers in those since I can't understand Japanese.   

Spoiler

I think Albert's going to be a key part of the main conflict in the movie.   

Daiya:

Spoiler
I really like the yips arc too but watching Eijun in the Yakushi game still gets to me.

I love Eijun vs Chris during the third year game. 

My opinion on Ochiai hasn't changed.  If I could thrown him out of the anime and manga I would. 

I finished season 1 of Daiya and will be starting season 2 soon.

I found out that The Adventures of the Little Prince is on Crunchyroll.  It used to air on Nickelodeon in the US in the early 80's. It was one of my favorites but I only remember a little bit of it  A few years ago I found an old VHS with a couple of episodes on it.  It will be interesting watching it in Japanese.

I bought the first 2 volumes of Fly Me to the Moon manga and remembered that  I had seen an image similar to the cover image on vol 1 advertising an anime.  Looking it up I found the anime is called Tonikawa Over the Moon for You.

I shouldn't have been fooled by the pretty art on the manga covers. I was shocked by the opening scene.

Spoiler
Nasa lying in a pool of blood saying he didn't realize it would hurt so much to die. 

Even though it's a fantasy anime some of it is unbelievable.

Spoiler

Despite having 2 broken legs Nasa manages to get up, assure the truck driver he's okay and runs after Tsukasa.  When he find her she tells him that he shouldn't be able to move and that the adrenaline that has kept him conscious so far is going to wear off soon and he will pass out. 

I'm sure Tsukasa isn't an ordinary girl but even taking that in to consideration I find it hard to just go along with that.

When the  truck driver is calling an ambulance the subtitles say he says "We're over by that place near the the thing."  I had to laugh at that because I don't think help would be able to reach them with a description like that.   :lol:

I'll probably stick with it for a little bit to see if I like it.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 06, 2021, 01:17:46 AM »
Being able to laugh at anime ridiculous is somehow therapeutic though :)

I mean in Noblesse...
Spoiler
They're trying to save the world from a time warp that might destroy everything, but their other skill is being an amazing butler and making great quality tea.

And yeah. Anyways.

That reminds me of Neoangelique as well, which I have a soft spot for since it's a Neoroma and I remember all the live event stuff around it as well. But I came to the conclusion that in that tea was the root of all evil.

Daiya:
Spoiler
I'm hoping Eijun's got his head straight a bit in the last chapter thanks to Nori being awesome and showing him how an ace should actually behave. I mean seriously, that kid.

Ochiai - I don't love him, but I warmed to him a bit after seeing his wife and daughter. It isn't in the anime though I don't think, only in the manga. They're at the training ground and for some reason the little girl is hunting ants.

I dunno though. He's really really annoying in the second season, and the things he says...yeah. I haven't forgiven him for telling Miyuki he's not fit to be Captain right when Miyuki is struggling with it himself. And trying to teach Eijun a useless pitch because he thinks Eijun is useless...telling Haruichi to use a metal bat...telling Furuya he can be the best in the world...all bad choices. But there's a moment where he says that he intended to sacrifice the autumn tournament for Furuya's development, right? Except the word he uses is more emphatic than sacrifice...

Also rewatched 'Hataraku Maou-sama' (The Devil is a Part Timer) recently. Also highly silly but it knows that it is, so it's quite good fun. Even if it's not clear how they suddenly learned to speak Japanese.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MouseCardinal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • You Can Call Me Al
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 06, 2021, 04:24:35 PM »
My favorite anime is Kimba the White Lion  :silly:

Art by NanoRuby
Life, I love you, all is groovy

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 12, 2021, 04:21:35 PM »
Been rewatching the new Furuba. I never did get to the end of it yet, so I need to do that.

Last night I watched the ep in Kyoto and Nara. It's so detailed I'm actually sitting there watching it going, I know where that is...I remember that place...even to the point of the store Yuki is trying to buy snacks from. O.O. It made me miss Kyoto though :/ I've never seen it with the autumn leaves, only the cherry blossom, so now I want to do that. Sigh.

Also this isn't anime but whatever. After two years of trying to get a hold of it, not made easier by the pandemic and six months in which getting stuff from Japan was difficult...I finally got the Nobunaga Concerto drama on DVD. I had the movie but the series used to be on CR. The anime still is but I like the drama better, it has more content and Oguri Shun. So I've been watching that as well.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 14, 2021, 01:08:30 PM »
Been rewatching the new Furuba. I never did get to the end of it yet, so I need to do that.

Last night I watched the ep in Kyoto and Nara. It's so detailed I'm actually sitting there watching it going, I know where that is...I remember that place...even to the point of the store Yuki is trying to buy snacks from. O.O. It made me miss Kyoto though :/ I've never seen it with the autumn leaves, only the cherry blossom, so now I want to do that. Sigh.

I need to finish it too. I'm in the early part of season 2. I know I haven't ssen the Kyoto episode yet.  I think they are all at the lake house that is owned by the Sohmas   I'm impressed with how beautiful the animation is.  It feels really immersive. 

Daiya:
Spoiler
I'm hoping Eijun's got his head straight a bit in the last chapter thanks to Nori being awesome and showing him how an ace should actually behave. I mean seriously, that kid.

Ochiai - I don't love him, but I warmed to him a bit after seeing his wife and daughter. It isn't in the anime though I don't think, only in the manga. They're at the training ground and for some reason the little girl is hunting ants.

I dunno though. He's really really annoying in the second season, and the things he says...yeah. I haven't forgiven him for telling Miyuki he's not fit to be Captain right when Miyuki is struggling with it himself. And trying to teach Eijun a useless pitch because he thinks Eijun is useless...telling Haruichi to use a metal bat...telling Furuya he can be the best in the world...all bad choices. But there's a moment where he says that he intended to sacrifice the autumn tournament for Furuya's development, right? Except the word he uses is more emphatic than sacrifice...

Daiya

Spoiler
I never forgave Ochiai for those things either.  The kindest thing I can say about him is that Ochiai did tell Eijun that if he gripped the ball differently he could create different pitches.  I think that's the basis of the Numbers? The first time I watched the anime I was really worried about what might happen to Eijun if Kataoka resigned.

I'm glad that Nori was able to help Eijun through what was dealing with.  I love Nori. 

I haven't watched another episode of Over the Moon for You yet.

I haven't finished Mr Love Queen's Choice/Evol Love either.  I think I made it to episode 11.   

Talking about the live dramas makes me what to look up the Daiya drama on Youtube again.  :D 

I started The Adventures of the Little Prince.  The opening theme song was a bit of a shock.  I knew it would be in Japanese but I thought it would be similar to the opening used in the dub.

This is the English theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=006lwHP3PDQ

This is the Japanese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVKXhLRPY5g

The Japanese theme is nice too.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 04:27:46 PM by Ponyfan »

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 16, 2021, 07:37:11 PM »
I watched the first episode of The Little Prince.  I thought that some of the dialogue seemed different in the Japanese version than in English and when I looked up some more information about the series I found out why.

Possible spoiler ahead.

Spoiler
In the English version it's implied that the Prince will return to his planet after he visits Earth and does so multiple times.  In the 2nd episode the Pilot finds a note from the Prince indicating that he found a goat (to eat the weeds that grew on his planet) and returned there.

In the Japanese version however it sounds like the Prince isn't coming back to his planet for quite some time if ever.  The Prince tells the space bird that he's afraid he'll die of loneliness because the only other living  thing on the planet that can give him companionship (the Rose Girl) hates him.

I got so excited about the Free Final Stroke movie that I didn't realize it will be a while before it's available to Western audiences.

Ponyfan   

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: September 20, 2021, 07:40:54 AM »
I met Eric Vale at FanX this weekend.  He's a very nice guy.  His wife was there and she was nice, too.  I had him sign a picture of Yuki Sohma.  He signed it with "Stupid Cat."  :)

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 20, 2021, 01:58:30 PM »
That sounds like a lot of fun Pokeyonekenobie.  :)  It makes me happy to hear that he and his wife were nice.  I've heard that some vas are not very nice to their fans at events.

I'd love to meet some of my favorite vas.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: September 21, 2021, 08:07:34 AM »
I've met one Japanese seiyuu once. I met Kondou Takashi one time at an event in London. He was involved in some of the series and franchises that I liked, so that was fun. He was very nice, very humble. I'd love to meet more but they only tend to go to American events outside of Japan, and that's a biiiit far away. But it was nice to be able to speak to him in Japanese and surprise him by knowing what Haruka was. :)

I've been rewatching Kyou Kara Maou. It's from quite a while back now. The main character, Yuuri, is voiced (at least in the original Japanese version) by Sakurai Takahiro, the same voice artist as Miyuki in Daiya. Which is fun because Yuuri is also a baseball mad teenager who plays catcher ;)

Edit to add: An old uni friend of mine linked me this, which is apparently airing next year (seems like a series from what the text says). It will be interesting to see whether the international streaming sites picks it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW40VnNrowY

The anime is based around the stuff that I wrote my PhD on.

It seems to focus a lot on Shigemori. I hope that means he'll be less irritating than he is in the actual texts.

There's sadly no subtitles for the trailer. But the clip opens with the opening phrases of the actual war tale - "Gion shouja no kane no koe, shogyo mujou no hibiki ari" (The bells of the Gion Shrine echo the impermanence of all things). There's also a line in there that's very famous from the texts - "Kono Heike no ichimon de nai mono nado hito de arazu!" (Those who are not Heike are not really people!).

From that I expect it to follow the traditional 'demonise the defeated Heike' narrative that's common in the texts, but that's okay. If it becomes actually streamed over here, and people watch it, I'll probably just spend a lot of time pointing out the bits that are nonsense xD.

I'm also curious that it seems to be based on a work by Yoshikawa Hideo, and there's a very famous work on this subject from the sixties (?) by a man called Yoshikawa Eiji. I wonder if there's a connection...

I definitely heard Sakurai Takahiro's voice in there as well.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 12:18:21 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: October 11, 2021, 11:14:58 AM »
What is everyone watching lately?   

I've been rewatching Dayia season 2.  I'll probably also go back to Over the Moon for You.

I thought Komi Can't Communicate was going to be on Crunchyroll but it's going to be on Netflix instead with new episodes uploaded weekly. 

Has anyone heard if there's going to a release date for Western audiences for Free Final Stroke?  I'm thinking it might be closer to the Japanese release date for part 2 before we get to see part 1.  That being said I don't know how long it took for Take Your Marks and High Speed to be available after their release.   

That's interesting that an anime is going to based on stuff that you wrote your PHD on Taffeta.  I heard Sakurai Takahiro too. :)

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal