collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 203813 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1140 on: July 20, 2021, 01:26:01 PM »
I'm hoping to have something to brag about by the end of the week. :D 

I found a really cute Sailor Moon bank at Hobby Lobby Last Week.  They had one of the characters from My Hero Academia (the one with green hair) and I think a Yoda one also.

I'm hoping the new Sailor Moon Eternal  movies will eventually get released for Western audiences on Blu Ray/DVD.  I think it has already been released in Japan. 

I also saw an advertisment for a new anime called Belle.  I couldn't read the poster since it was all in Japanese but the art style reminds me of the director of Mirai.

I'm thinking about finishing Fruits Basket Season 2.  I'm still on Diamond no Ace season 1

Spoiler

I forgot how annoying Raichi is when he's introduced.  That constant laughing gets on my nerves a bit. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 01:30:44 PM by Ponyfan »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 23, 2021, 01:18:37 PM »
My copies of My Roommate is a Cat and Fruits Basket Season 2 part 2 came today. :D

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 26, 2021, 09:12:56 AM »
The 2nd trailer for Free Final Stroke has been released.  :D  I'm putting it in the spoiler just in case it spoilers anything.

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnXcfX04GOs

I know that Haru is speaking but the trailer in completely in Japanese without subtitles so I can't understand what he is saying.

It goes really fast but I saw Haru, Makoto. Rin  and Souske for sure.  I think I also Ikuya and Albert.

Ponyfan

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #1143 on: July 26, 2021, 09:19:47 AM »
Been watching Godzilla Singular Point, it's much better than the Godzilla anime film trilogy. Lots of fun psuedosciene and fun designs.

Beastars S2 also came out, it's one of the best manga's I've ever read but I'm waiting on my partner to have time to watch it with me!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1144 on: July 26, 2021, 02:26:22 PM »
I watched the start of beastars last night, will probably come back to it as I've got a few things on the go at the moment...

Been rewatching Bungo Stray Dogs on and off.

@Ponyfan,  re Free
Spoiler
Haru says something along the lines of
Spoiler
"My dream, everyone's dream. The view nobody has seen yet begins from this point." (Ore no yume, minna no yume. Mada mita koto no nai keshiki ga koko kara hajimaru).

The text banners on screen through the trailer say "Yume no butai (The stage of dreams)", "Sekai Taikai (World competition)" "Chousen" (Challenge)". "Shiren (trial/ordeal)" "Shouri e no saigo no tatakai (the final battle to victory).

Seems a bit dark and angsty. Definitely saw Albert, also Makoto, Rin, Sousuke and I am also pretty sure about Ikuya? As well as Haru

Interesting that there's two parts to this release, one on 17th Sept and one in April next year. It was originally intended to coincide with the olympics...in a way that makes me kind of sad given the behind-closed-doors nature of the Olympics right now

Hopefully finally have my CR app sorted out.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 29, 2021, 06:43:42 AM »

@Ponyfan,  re Free
Spoiler
Haru says something along the lines of
Spoiler
"My dream, everyone's dream. The view nobody has seen yet begins from this point." (Ore no yume, minna no yume. Mada mita koto no nai keshiki ga koko kara hajimaru).

The text banners on screen through the trailer say "Yume no butai (The stage of dreams)", "Sekai Taikai (World competition)" "Chousen" (Challenge)". "Shiren (trial/ordeal)" "Shouri e no saigo no tatakai (the final battle to victory).

Seems a bit dark and angsty. Definitely saw Albert, also Makoto, Rin, Sousuke and I am also pretty sure about Ikuya? As well as Haru

Interesting that there's two parts to this release, one on 17th Sept and one in April next year. It was originally intended to coincide with the olympics...in a way that makes me kind of sad given the behind-closed-doors nature of the Olympics right now

Spoiler
Thanks for translating it for me. :D  It makes a lot more sense now that I know what Haru is saying and what the text on the screen means. 
I agree about the trailer. I'm sure there is going to be a huge cliffhanger at the end of part 1. The fact that the 2nd trailer shows Albert makes me think that there will be some kind of conflict between him and Haru and probably also Rin since I think Rin's coach told him about Albert.

The key visual also shows Rei, Nagisa, Gou and Kisumi in the stands. 

I got an email from Netflix about an anime called Words Bubble Up Like Soda Pop. I think it's about a boy that communicates through writing instead of speaking.  It sounds similar to the plot of Komi Can't Communicate.   

I downloaded some anime songs from iTunes. :D

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 06:52:22 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 29, 2021, 02:01:21 PM »
Still watching Bungou stray dogs. Also some random anime about rhythm gymnastics, out of curiosity. It's superbly unbelievable in places and had me playing seiyuu ID games but it's kind of cute. Now the Olympics are here I will probably rewatch Free and maybe Haikyuu since I realised I didn't just learn about baseball from Daiya, I also now understand volleyball enough to follow the game between Brazil and Japan earlier on...I still didn't see the end of Haikyuu s4 even though I've been roundly spoilered by people in the Daiya fandom who also read/watch Haikyuu. Now I have my CR app working again, I have a lot to catch up on...

Regarding the Free trailer...
Spoiler
Predicting that it's the olympics and Haru, Rin and Ikuya are on the Japanese team, I don't know about Sousuke given he's definitely IN that trailer...and Makoto is there as a coach for Haru probably.

But there's an angst going on...so yeah.

I feel like they might fall short in the individuals but then will redeem themselves by winning a relay medal. Because you know, Free. And honestly, I'm also hoping it's the case because I WANT to see Rin and Haru swim together again.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 29, 2021, 03:20:44 PM »
Is the rhythm gymnastics anime Backflip/Bakuten?  I know that one has a few Daiya vas in it including Shimono Hiro, and Miyuki's va. It's on my watchlist but I haven't started it yet.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 30, 2021, 12:04:49 AM »
Is the rhythm gymnastics anime Backflip/Bakuten?  I know that one has a few Daiya vas in it including Shimono Hiro, and Miyuki's va. It's on my watchlist but I haven't started it yet.

Ponyfan

Yep, that's the one :) And yep, you're right :) Plus Ono Daisuke is in there too.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 14, 2021, 07:11:20 PM »
Crunchyroll has been purchased by the same company that owns Funimation. (Sony?) 

I'm getting closer to the end of Daiya season 1.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: August 15, 2021, 12:44:25 AM »
Crunchyroll has been purchased by the same company that owns Funimation. (Sony?) 

I'm getting closer to the end of Daiya season 1.

Ponyfan

I have a feeling there was some connection between them before, because there was a spate of anime that vanished off CR when they were separated. I wonder if that will reverse that earlier situation. I think at that time dubs were mostly on Funi and CR had the Japanese...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 15, 2021, 07:14:19 AM »
I've been wondering the same thing since I heard about them being owned by the same company now.  There was an anime on CR that I was interested in but when they separated that one went to Funimation.  At that time I could only afford one anime streaming service so I chose CR.

I might be start watching Haikyuu soon.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 18, 2021, 11:58:43 AM »
Randomly watched some of Mashiro no Oto this afternoon.

I've actually had the opportunity to play a shamisen when I was in Japan, and it's a lovely instrument. I only had the one lesson but I did manage to play sakura passably by the end of it xD We have it on video somewhere...

The theme song from this series, Blizzard, is now absolutely stuck in my head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXUABwDwr6Q

Also, listening to Shimazaki Nobunaga (Furuya/Haru/Yuki etc) do Tsugaru dialect is interesting. And a bit weird xD. I looked him up, because I figure doing that much dialogue in dialect would be hard, and apparently he's from Miyagi, which is somewhere up north but not that far..? I know Sendai is in Miyagi, but my geography of anything further north is a bit mediaeval xD.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 06:55:56 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 27, 2021, 07:55:32 AM »
Another trailer for Free Final Stroke has been released.  I'm putting it in the spoiler tags just in case it contains spoilers.

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5xtbQi6c_0

It's in Japanese with no subs.  There is a subtitled version also but I'm not sure how accurate that one is since I think someone added the subs to it.  This is also the first trailer where there are a few English words mixed with the Japanese. 

I know very little about real life competitive swimming but this scene from the trailer keeps distracting me.

How deep is the pool that Albert (I think it's Albert) is swimming in?

I just listened to that song and it's going on my anime song playlist. :D   I'll put Mashiro no Oto on my watchlist too.   

I'm almost at the end of  Daiya season 1

Spoiler

It's so hard watching Eijun trying to pitch in the Yakushi  game and being unable to do so because of the yips.  I know it's during that game that Miyuki and Kataoka realized what was happening to Eijun. It has such a great impact on Eijun's character that I don't want to skip that arc but even though I know how it turns out  it's still makes me a little sad for him. 

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 27, 2021, 08:54:07 AM »
I'm not sure if the Free trailer contains spoilers, but maybe hints...
Spoiler
I don't think there's anything in it that is a real shock though. Haru looking forward, Rin referencing his Dad, Ikuya saying he won't get lost any more...that he'll swim his own way..etc. The English is Albert, sounding impossibly American despite not being American, which always amuses me. That and the unnatural enunciation of all the English dialogue in this show...except probably Rin's.

I still sense some angst going on here though. 

Yeah, that image is...O.o.

The Mashiro no Oto anime ends in an odd and rather unsatisfactory place tbh.

It's apparently a long manga, like Yona, but I don't know if I am going to go after it yet. But the music is lovely :D And I do love that opening theme. It reminds me in places of some of the Haruka music, with the Japanese instrumental sections. May have to dig out my Haruka playlist (although they tend to use shakuhachi more than shamisen, it's still got that vibe).

Been randomly clicking on anime this week, in between other things :)

Daiya:
Spoiler
If not for that yips arc I don't think I'd ever have got to like Eijun, so even though its angsty, I quite like it. In the current manga I'm still a bit annoyed at him.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 08:56:01 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal