collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 203894 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1110 on: May 12, 2021, 04:44:21 AM »
We all need pet bowls!

Spoiler
Yeah, I noticed that. Ryousuke pretending like he doesn't care at all yet is the most obsessed with his brother making a good showing of everyone.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 15, 2021, 04:22:12 AM »
I found the Komi Can't Communicate Trailer. The narrator sounds really familiar to me but I can't quite place where I've heard that voice before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBiwDp6lzls

I also found Free the Final Stroke trailer. I'm putting it in the spoiler tags just in case there are references to the end of season 3.  I haven't watched this one because I don't want to spoil myself on the end of season 3.

Crunchyroll has announced several series will be leaving their site soon. I looked at the titles and none of them were familiar to me. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 07:30:19 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 17, 2021, 04:17:08 AM »
I should probably check to see what they're taking down, though it may not affect the UK region...there are some shows the US CR has which we don't have access to already.

So long as they aren't planning on taking Daiya away, though, I'll probably manage. No way I can afford to buy that on DVD with it only being available in Japan (£20/3 eps!)

It's not quite anime, although it sort of is because there IS an anime and it IS/WAS on CR, but I'm hoping my Japanese proxy reopens soon so I can try and track down the rest of the Nobunaga Concerto drama series. It was on CR but hasn't been for over a year now. I have the movie on DVD but not the series...and it's better than the anime.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: May 17, 2021, 03:52:01 PM »
Today is Mochi's birthday and the 15th was Eijun's. :D  I took a screenshot of the the calendar page with their birthdays a few days ago.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 04:37:36 PM by Ponyfan »

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 18, 2021, 12:05:03 PM »
Today is Mochi's birthday and the 15th was Eijun's. :D  I took a screenshot of the the calendar page with their birthdays a few days ago.

Ponyfan

I have a paper file which has art of Mochi and Eijun on it, with a cake saying 'Omedetou' (Congratulations) and Miyuki standing in the middle. Whenever I look at it I feel like it was made for their birthday and Miyuki was the one who made it.

...I think Daiya has made us both a bit odd.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 25, 2021, 07:41:07 PM »
I finished the 3rd season of Free.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 26, 2021, 07:07:18 AM »
I added the Funimation app to my phone so I can watch shows while I'm on the exercise bike--but since it's the free version there are commercials.  Does anyone know if there's a way to access my downloaded library through it so I can watch the shows I already own without commercials?  If not, it's okay.  I'm using it to preview shows to see if I want to buy them during the holiday sales this year.   :lol:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 26, 2021, 09:18:39 AM »
I hope someone can help you with the Funimation app.  I tried watching Netflix on my phone once and I ended up with a migraine. 

I'll be watching Free High Speed and Free Take Your Marks soon.  :) I'm also still rewatching Diamond no Ace season 1.

Ponyfan

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 27, 2021, 04:30:12 PM »
Another small  Daiya spoiler

Spoiler
That moment when Miyuki loses his temper and slams Eijun against the wall for insulting Chris still gets to me as does the moment when Eijun finds out how wrong he was about Chris, apologizes to him and asks him to teach him baseball.

I've noticed Kanemaru in the early scenes more than I did the first time.

I was surprised that the principals mentioned Kataoka's job being on the line so early also. 

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 03, 2021, 01:29:49 AM »
On Daiya...

Spoiler
Eijun's traumatised reaction to Miyuki actually losing his temper is also pretty intense.
There's that moment in Act II (watched it recently so remember it) where Eijun's yelling at the opposition that when a person who normally laughs gets mad it's scary. I feel like he's never forgotten angry Miyuki :) as rare as it is.

I've been watching Tiger & Bunny this week! Since it's on Netflix. It's from 2011. I remember when it came out, because I wanted to watch it - Morita Masakazu voices one of the lead characters and I've always liked him as a voice artist (he also does Ichigo in Bleach, and Gija in Yona among others). I also discovered Hirata Hiroaki is the other lead character, which is giving me Gojou vibes and making me want to dig out and rewatch Saiyuuki. Again.

Okamoto Nobuhiko also voices a character in it :D

But yeah. When it came out I wasn't able to get a hold of it. So randomly finding it on Netflix the other day, I thought I'd give it a shot.

In summary it's a story about a society of people where some are 'NEXT' (ie have special powers). Some become villains, others become superheroes who are contracted to save the city, at the same time appearing on tv and scoring points for the people they save, people they capture, etc.

It's plenty of weird but eh, I quite like it. At least, the interplay between Kotetsu and Barnaby is fun :) The other heroes are a bit...mad...but I guess that works.

Watching it I wonder whether it's total coincidence that Boku no Hero Academia happened, or whether it isn't. I guess heroes are a pretty common topic mind you. It's just the flashback with 'Mr Legend' makes me wonder...Tiger and Bunny was 3 years before BnHA started.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 05, 2021, 03:45:45 PM »
Daiya

Spoiler
I agree with you completely. I don't think Eijun's ever forgotten that or how much he misjudged Chris before he found out all of the facts about him.

I've also noticed that Chris' eyes don't have pupils a lot of the time in the early scenes with Eijun.  I thought at first it was an artistic choice like Ryousuke's eyes always looking like they are closed but then sometimes Chris' eyes do have pupils in them.

Tiger and Bunny sounds interesting.  I keep meaning to try My Hero Academia but haven't yet. 

I watched Sailor Moon Crystal/Eternal part 1 last night. It was well worth waiting for.  :D The honorifics confused me a bit.  It's been a while since I watched Sailor Moon Crystal but I don't remember them being that prominent in the dub in the other parts of the series 

I know that they were probably added to make the dub more accurate to the Japanese. 

Also I'm not sure but I think heard a mistake that wasn't fixed in editing.  It sounded like Helios didn't pronounce  Endymion the way the va usually does.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 04:00:37 PM by Ponyfan »

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 05, 2021, 04:56:06 PM »
Daiya:
Spoiler
Chris's eyes are a plot point thing...

I finished T&B. It had some moments but overall I'm glad I watched it. For me even if parts of the plot make you go 'huh'? if the characters are good and well crafted then I'm on board.

Spoiler
Although he pretends to play it cool in public, I think Barnaby might actually crack up and go mad if Kotetsu isn't there to sort him out. He's a very emotional superhero.

Apparently they're planning a second season, 11 years after the original. Sasuga Japan. They seem to have the original seiyuu on board - mind you Hirata Hiroaki has spent 20 years on and off voicing Gojou for Saiyuuki anime series so I guess 11 years is no big deal...

Apparently there are also a couple of movies. But it looks like I can only get them from Japan, and can't do that till Japan sorts out its postal service and my proxy service is up and running again. Adding that to the list, sigh...

Meanwhile, debating whether to dig out Saiyuuki and rewatch for the nth time. Could just rewatch my favourite OVA. That might do...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 08, 2021, 08:16:57 AM »

Daiya:
Spoiler
Chris's eyes are a plot point thing...

Spoiler

I think I figured out why Chris' eyes change.  :)

I watched Sailor Moon Eternal part 2.  I think I loved it more than the 1st part.  Doing a 2 part movie instead of episodes seemed to help the plot flow more consistently.

The only thing I was disappointed with in the 2nd movie was

Spoiler
It didn't show Jadeite, Nephrite, Kunzite and Zoisite watching and worrying about Mamarou when he is sick.

I added Tiger and Bunny to my watchlist.

Today is Miyano Mamoru's birthday.  Crunchyroll posted a salute to him for his birthday using pics of different characters he's voiced and Rin was included.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 08, 2021, 08:24:16 AM »
My CR app on my firestick is currently not registering that I have an internet connection, which is both weird and annoying. I think it's because our internet was completely down the other morning and since then there's some kind of issue with the IP...in any case, everything else works, and I can access it on the PC. But I hate watching anime on the PC, so hopefully it will either reset itself or I will be able to do something witrh the IP to fix it.

Can't do it this week though. Sister is here and working from home. Don't suppose she'd be too amused if I suddenly  messed the connection up xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 08, 2021, 08:40:56 AM »
I hope your CR app starts working again soon.   My tablet often says there's not an internet connection when there is and there's one game on it that suddenly stops and resets itself almost every time I try to play unless I have it very close to the router.

I noticed there's a short anime for Way of the Househusband on Netflix  I picked up the first couple volumes of the manga last week but haven't read them yet.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal