collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 202513 times)

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1245 on: April 19, 2022, 12:51:24 PM »
I ended up buckling and buying the single versions of Kami mo hotoke mo and ruten from Amazon Jp when I bought some Horimiya volumes. THey arrived this week and I'm glad I got them, although it then made me want to rewatch Zeroin. Sigh. It's a vicious saiyuuki cycle xD.

Also found the official kami mo hotoke mo pv on yt. It's a bit weird. But anyway. It's arena safe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn7NANtBVb4

I think the Horimiya anime is cute, it's just missing a lot and especially the 2nd half feels rushed. What I didn't realise was how much was not in the first half, even though the first couple of episodes jump quite quickly. But I really love Miyamura as a character, just generally.

The voice artist thing is always fun. Sometimes it's more jarring than other times. Miyuki's seiyuu, Sakurai Takahiro is also in Haikyuu, he's Tsukishima's older brother and that's also a bit odd, especially when he's explaining volleyball rules in Miyuki's voice!

And the character Eijun's voice artist does is so completely different from Eijun...I mean, you can hear it, because Eijun does have serious moments, but it's kind of hilarious.

Okamoto Nobuhiko (Ryousuke/Sinha/etc) is also in haikyuu but you know he's a bit of a voice chameleon, sooo...

In Tiger and Bunny, Tiger is voiced by Hirata Hiroaki, who I know best as Gojou in Saiyuuki, which is kind of interesting. And Barnaby's voice artist is Morita Masakazu, who is Gija in Yona, as well as a ton of other characters. When I first saw Yona it took a while for me to register that Morita was his voice artist. But I knew that he voiced Barnaby years ago...and the voices are a bit similar when I think about it.

I like playing spot the seiyuu, but it's harder now as I'm less closely focused on the newer voice artists unless they voice characters I like...

On Zeno, Nori, and Shimano Hiro, the first time I encountered that seiyuu was Haruka 5, when he was the bratty little brother whose name I can't remember. But what stuck in my head was one of the live events where he's opening the show, and was hilarious. He does a great job with both Zeno and Nori. I admit I read the manga and I hear his voice when Zeno speaks. I just wish it was there for real.

But hey. Saiyuuki took 15+ years to do Even a Worm justice. It took even longer to get Furuba properly animated. Maybe one day Yona will get the same treatment. So long as it's the same seiyuu (as Saiyuuki was), then great.

ALSO someone put this on YT and so I'm sharing it. This is an omake (URA-SAI) scene from Saiyuuki Zeroin. It contains no spoilers, some not graphic violence, 2 buckets of water, a dragon and a group of travelling delinquents being silly about cinema rules. Just because.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 05:05:27 PM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: May 06, 2022, 07:24:13 PM »
I finished Daiya and started watching Haikyuu.  I wasn't impressed with the first episode.  It seemed really boring to me and if I didn't know that the 2nd episode is more engaging than the 1st one, I might not have been motivated enough to keep watching.  I think I will enjoy the series though.

I'm already trying to spot the vas in Haikyuu. :)  I thought I recognized a couple of them already.  I was wrong on the first character's va.  I haven't heard the second character's name yet so I can't search for his va yet.

Sailor Moon Cosmos/Sailor Moon Crystal Stars arc will be released in '23.  I don't know if it will be divided in to 2 parts like Eternal/Dream arc was.  I'm looking forward to seeing how Cosmos handles the Sailor Starlights.  the 90's anime made some major changes to them that aren't in the manga.

Also found the official kami mo hotoke mo pv on yt. It's a bit weird. But anyway. It's arena safe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn7NANtBVb4

That was interesting.  I thought it was a little weird too but at least the artists look like they're having fun. 

ALSO someone put this on YT and so I'm sharing it. This is an omake (URA-SAI) scene from Saiyuuki Zeroin. It contains no spoilers, some not graphic violence, 2 buckets of water, a dragon and a group of travelling delinquents being silly about cinema rules. Just because.

This one was funny.  :lol:  At 1:04, does it say "Don't bring your white dragon inside?" I thought I saw Hakuryuu on the screen.   I also love the line "no shooting movies or guns in cinema."

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 07:26:09 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: May 07, 2022, 12:38:13 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Haikyuu has a horrible first episode :) But it does get better. Though I still think Daiya is better, Haikyuu is somehow gentler.

I actually don't think I've watched ep 1 all the way through. I tried and failed a few times so ended up skipping to episode 2 and that worked better.

Yes, it does say white dragon :D In this case it's the name of the dragon, Hakuryuu - at least in the anime. In the manga he's called Jeep, but I guess there are copyright issues with that.

I watched the rest of season 2 (part 1) of Tiger and Bunny! Apparently the second half of the season is coming in the autumn or something. There was a cliffhanger but it was also a good point to end it on. I still love this show.

And also Yuukoku no Moriarty. Which was interesting and quite clever too.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mareacooda

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: May 07, 2022, 01:18:34 PM »
I enjoy anime...  Newest "That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime" season 1 I added my collection....
I like see New revised "Fruitbasket" out curiousity ... I have watch  and own old version and plus complete manga series.. Has anyone out there watch both "Fruitbasket"? I curious opinions revised version....

Anyone who looking buy anime/ manga, figures ect should check out www.rightstufanime.com is great....
I do like watch Anime on www crunchyroll to see I like series...  I enjoy Inuyasha and spotted  "Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon"  which a bit behind on....

I lately seemly not feeling it anime I looking something fresh with good laughs...  I tend normal lean fantasy and reverse harem special when Female has no clue that male friends like her...  My favorite Is Host Club... I get such kick that female dress up as male to entertain other females none females relies such..... Males in the club don't relies they strong feeling for female character...   I enjoy the twisted and I like main characters attude.... Another I like  "Wallflower" and "Kiss him not me"..
I think kinda looking something fresh... any suggestions?
Any good laugh anime anyone would suggest check out?

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: May 09, 2022, 08:33:44 AM »
I enjoy anime...  Newest "That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime" season 1 I added my collection....
I like see New revised "Fruitbasket" out curiousity ... I have watch  and own old version and plus complete manga series.. Has anyone out there watch both "Fruitbasket"? I curious opinions revised version....

Anyone who looking buy anime/ manga, figures ect should check out www.rightstufanime.com is great....
I do like watch Anime on www crunchyroll to see I like series...  I enjoy Inuyasha and spotted  "Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon"  which a bit behind on....

I lately seemly not feeling it anime I looking something fresh with good laughs...  I tend normal lean fantasy and reverse harem special when Female has no clue that male friends like her...  My favorite Is Host Club... I get such kick that female dress up as male to entertain other females none females relies such..... Males in the club don't relies they strong feeling for female character...   I enjoy the twisted and I like main characters attude.... Another I like  "Wallflower" and "Kiss him not me"..
I think kinda looking something fresh... any suggestions?
Any good laugh anime anyone would suggest check out?

I like the new Fruits Basket.  It does follow the mangas better, since they're actually finished now.  They weren't finished when the first anime was made.  I've not watched Season 3 yet, but Season 2 introduces both the horse and the rooster, neither of which were in the first anime.

It sounds like you would enjoy Ranma 1/2.  I also recommend Assassination Classroom (though, I will warn you, the ending made me cry).  You might also enjoy Rin-Ne. If you want a reverse harem, you'd probably enjoy Brothers Conflict.  I tell everyone to watch Yuri On Ice, because it's just so pretty to watch and the music is awesome.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Haikyuu has a horrible first episode :) But it does get better. Though I still think Daiya is better, Haikyuu is somehow gentler.

I actually don't think I've watched ep 1 all the way through. I tried and failed a few times so ended up skipping to episode 2 and that worked better.

I finished Daiya and started watching Haikyuu.  I wasn't impressed with the first episode.  It seemed really boring to me and if I didn't know that the 2nd episode is more engaging than the 1st one, I might not have been motivated enough to keep watching.  I think I will enjoy the series though.

Whenever I recommend Haikyuu, I try to point out that the first episode isn't good and to give it until after the second episode to judge it.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: May 09, 2022, 09:26:40 AM »
I also like the new furuba better, because it follows the manga more accurately. I've seen all the way through to the end and I'm quite happy with it.

Assassination Classroom's ending I dislike because it's frankly pointless. I think it's a great and clever storyline, and very tongue in cheek, but I don't like how it ends. I recently rewatched most of it but stopped before getting to the end for that reason.

Host Club is a classic, so is Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge (the Wallflower). ;)

I guess it depends whether you like blood, guts and tears in your reverse harems or whether you don't. I mean, Fushigi Yuugi springs to mind but...
Spoiler
there is a fair amount of character death. One scene of which reduced a male friend of mine to tears and made him declare that shoujo is 100x more brutal than shounen when it wants to be.

Two series I love are Harukanaru Toki no Naka De (for reasons, although I like 3 best) and Saiunkoku Monogatari but neither one are streaming anywhere at the moment.  Saiunkoku isn't exactly reverse harem, but it has a female central character who wants to be a court official, but ends up in the imperial harem being tutor to the Emperor. It's based off light novels and I love it because literally nobody in it is as straightforward as they first appear.

Kiniro no Koruda/Corda D'Oro was streaming on CR up until recently but I noticed it had gone of late. Both those are reverse harem and set in a real world scenario, no blood guts or violence, although there is a fairy xD. They're set in a school with a music department.

There is still Neoangelique on Crunchyroll but again, that's a bit more fantasy world, even though it is technically reverse harem (as it's neoroma).

I found Yuri on Ice hard to get into. I am very character driven but couldn't get drawn into either of the main characters. I know it's really popular though.

With Haikyuu, it's a good, safe sports anime. There's no major emotional conflict to deal with, the team follows all the usual milestones for a team in this kind of story, and so on. The characters are well written and likeable and it's very enjoyable to watch...probably to read as well. But it is very safe in terms of its plot choices, and there's not much in the way of massive plot twists that you don't see coming.

Spoiler
Though every time Yamaguchi nails a serve I'm right behind him.

Daiya no Ace is still my top sports manga/anime. Although it is occasionally soul destroying. Unlike Haikyuu.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 09:34:07 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: May 09, 2022, 12:28:32 PM »
I like both versions of Fruits Basket.  :)  I need to catch up on it but  I'm halfway through season 2. I love that the new version sticks closer to the manga and the characters have a lot more depth than they did in the original.  My main issue with the original anime is

Spoiler
That it implies at one point that Tohru has to choose between Yuki and Kyo and that accepting Kyo's true form means that Tohru is rejecting Yuki.

I still like it though.

Whenever I recommend Haikyuu, I try to point out that the first episode isn't good and to give it until after the second episode to judge it.

I haven't finished the second episode yet but I already like it more than the first one.

Daiya no Ace is still my top sports manga/anime. Although it is occasionally soul destroying. Unlike Haikyuu.

Daiya is still my favorite sports anime too. :D  It's a little funny watching Haikyuu after Daiya because I already see some similarities between Eijun and Shoyo. 

I'm still watching Komi Can't Communicate also.

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: May 11, 2022, 10:01:41 AM »
This is a spoiler so only open if you know Haikyuu already or don't mind being spoiled but this is my hands down favourite scene in the whole Haikyuu anime...(from season 3).

Since I watched Tiger and Bunny's second season recently I went and rewatched some of Boku no Hero Academia last night. When T&B first came out there weren't any shows like it, but I feel like it's interesting that it's having something of a revival. Almost feels like the popularity of BnHA might be driving it. I've always felt like the characters in BnHA were fine but the villains boring to the point of annoying. I feel like it's all worked in more tightly in T&B because it's a smaller group of characters overall.

Okumoto Nobuhiko doing his voice chameleonics between the two. You so can't hear Bakugou in Origami or vice versa...

And also in Haikyuu, of course ;) Apparently no limits to his vocal talents o.O. I know who he voices in Haikyuu but always forget.

And then Daiya to round it up...

I need to go back to Komi. I watched the first ep but got distracted, which is a bad habit of mine. I'm also slowly rewatching Saiyuuki Reload Blast, and marvelling in how the arc feels so different from Even a Worm. I like Blast but I miss Hazel. :(

Going back to above, I have a weird nostalgic fondness for Inuyasha, but Yashahime is a massive disappointment to me.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Mareacooda

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: May 12, 2022, 04:27:27 PM »
I haven't watch all Yashahime but I see sample on AMV and looks maybe series one slow movers.

I own Saiyuki orginal series and one movie.... I have seen Reload... I have go back watch them...   I like concept how Buddhist Priest Sanzo opposite one would expect think priest would be....   

I know enjoy from time to time out box concept to classic stero-type excepted I think why enjoy Anime not just good artwork but different bird eye view....   

Series I hoping see season 2 "Servamp"
I have see Brother Conflict and its one I not sure 100% like or dislike...

I haven't see many sport anime...  Actually I think about I don't think I have....   I do have enjoy non anime sport movies so I don't know why not check any anime sport series....   I thought about check out Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club.... Have anyone see this series?

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: May 12, 2022, 05:11:24 PM »
I like Free. I like the characters so it doesn't really matter that much to me that it's about swimming specifically.

Saiyuuki Zeroin is kind of like the new version of fruits basket in that they went and remade Reload Gunlock series only with actually following the manga Even a Worm arc instead of just making it up at the end. It's one of my favourite storylines but it is only on Hidive at the moment. But it has been nicely done, so I recommend if you liked the other Saiyuuki stuff. :)

There are a lot of shows that need added seasons. I did watch Servamp ages ago. I think I quite enjoyed it.

Yashahime feels to me more like animated fanfiction, though I'm sure it isn't.
Spoiler
I'd have liked it to have centred more around the actual original characters.I can't care about the main cast because the original cast are mostly absent and thus there's no sense of connection. Plus Sesshoumaru and Rin are 2 of my favourite characters from the original so I really don't like how they've worked that out. I assume it comes from manga and this is the will of the creator, pushing out the original cast like that...but whether it is or it isn't, it's just not my preference. I gave up after a few episodes and haven't gone back.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: May 14, 2022, 11:18:00 AM »
I don't enjoy watching most real life sports but some of my favorite amines are sports amines.  Daiya is one of my top amines and I also like Free.  I'm enjoying Haikyuu now that I've made it past the first episode, but I keep seeing similarities in the characters in that and Daiya.

I keep hoping that Yona will eventually get a 2nd season or another anime like Fruits Basket did.  There's so much in the manga that needs to be animated. 

Belle/Ryu to Sobakasu no Hime will be released soon in the US. 

I wish there'd be some news on when Free Final Stroke part 1 will be released outside of Japan but it looks like we're going to have to wait for quite a while. 

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: May 14, 2022, 11:51:57 AM »
I also think there are some overlaps between Daiya and Haikyuu characters, but I kind of shy away from saying it most of the time because there are a lot of people who will swear blind that it's not the case.

Although with that said, some of the Haikyuu characters that seem similar to Daiya ones at first are maybe not as similar as the series goes on. So that's good I suppose.

Spoiler
I don't really know what happens to Sugawara as the series goes on. O.o. It's interesting.

I started watching the first ep of Requiem of the Rose King. I had high hopes for it since it seemed to be from the perspective of Richard III, but the moment it said in the intro that it was based on Shakespeare I guess I knew what was going to happen, and even in the first 5 minutes I was proven right.

I shall put the mediaeval historian's rant in spoilers.
Spoiler
I had to do a lot of work on the Wars of the Roses for my A levels and my first degree; I did my undergrad dissertation on the subject of kingship in this era. It doesn't take a lot of research to realise that the real Richard was completely different from how Shakespeare and common tradition likes to portray him. He certainly wasn't a backstabbing, usurping mass-murderer...most historical evidence suggests the opposite. Although the princes in the tower is a story that runs and runs, the reality is that right now we don't even know the princes were murdered, let alone who was responsible if they were. All the other deaths and conspiracies Shakespeare and the Tudors put at his door have been debunked by historians. 

Shakespeare's play is famous and popular, but entirely Tudor propaganda. It's designed to legitimise the founding of the Tudor dynasty as kings and queens of England - despite their being a family who began illegitimate and who were only legitimised by Richard II on the condition they didn't try to take the throne.

I had really hoped that this anime would be a more nuanced and balanced story, but I guess it's just easier to follow form and do what everyone else has already done, ad nauseum.

I guess to some people maybe it makes a good story. But it's a story written already by someone else. At least be original and present a different side.

Maybe when I stop being annoyed at it I'll look at it as a representation study, but right now I'm just cross.

But so I don't end my post on a Taffeta patent rant, I also watched the first few eps of SpyxFamily and that is just too funny. Anya is adorable. Tasogare and Yor are hilarious parents. It's just fun. Silly. But fun.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 05:15:38 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: May 17, 2022, 03:30:06 PM »
The library where I work now has circulating blu-ray players.  What that means is we can now start to order some of the Anime series that are blu-ray only!  Before we could only get them if they were DVD or Blu-Ray/DVD combo packs.  This means I can actually request some of the series to see if I want them before I buy them. 

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: May 21, 2022, 03:37:08 PM »
I watched Nausicaa the other day.  It was different than what I was expecting it to be but I still enjoyed it a lot.  :)

I also bought Belle/Ryu to Sobakasu no Hime today. 

Ponyfan

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: May 23, 2022, 04:28:41 PM »
SpyxFamily is the gift that keeps on giving. Seriously. I have so many hopes for Tasogare, Yor and Anya as they navigate being a family while trying to save the world.

Anya is so cute. Clip link in spoiler tag.
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nHpuMNA6kY
Note: Relevant stuff ends at 1.10, after that is random nonrelated.

Also, on an unrelated note, this theme song is still eating my brain horribly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4REhyrzmEkk
(Warning for scenes of fighting etc).

I actually went back to watch Kuroko no Basuke this week as well. I watched the first eps ages ago but just decided to watch it again. I still feel like the kiseki no sedai idea is pretty ridiculous...I mean Daiya has the Inajitsu team and they're pretty high rated but not unrealistically so, IMO...) but I do kind of like the idea of a main character like Kuroko.

Me watching sports anime when I don't care at all about the sport being played xD.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal