collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 204753 times)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1230 on: March 25, 2022, 11:08:37 AM »
I wonder if they'll finish releasing the Crystal Sailor Moon with these blu-ray releases.  It seemed like they tried to release them with the 90s DVD sets before.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #1231 on: March 25, 2022, 12:56:40 PM »
Thanks for that heads up, Ponyfan. I went and took a look at the list. Most of them I don't know either, a couple I do and may rewatch if I can in the meantime. But fortunately nothing majorly important to me personally on that list *phew*.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 25, 2022, 03:34:08 PM »
I started re-watching Nadesico!  It's one of the only anime where I will watch the dub...  I'm not what it is about this series that I like so much, there are even aspects I don't like, but I watch it every few years for the past 20 years.  I think I like the mix of comedy and serious topics, and the large cast.  Has anyone seen it?  Ha, I might have made a post just like this last time I watched it...
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 25, 2022, 07:20:27 PM »
I wonder if they'll finish releasing the Crystal Sailor Moon with these blu-ray releases.  It seemed like they tried to release them with the 90s DVD sets before.

I hope so.  I'd like the Sailor Moon Eternal movie parts 1 and 2 to be released on Blu Ray/DVD so I can have all of them on physical media. 

Speaking of physical copies has anyone else noticed that some sets that were easily available to get a year ago seem harder to get now?  I was looking for info about a possible release for Free Final Stroke and saw that the previous seasons of Free are now double the price that they were last year because Amazon no longer has them in stock.

I picked up Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind last week but haven't watched it yet.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 26, 2022, 01:28:24 AM »
I started re-watching Nadesico!  It's one of the only anime where I will watch the dub...  I'm not what it is about this series that I like so much, there are even aspects I don't like, but I watch it every few years for the past 20 years.  I think I like the mix of comedy and serious topics, and the large cast.  Has anyone seen it?  Ha, I might have made a post just like this last time I watched it...

I have, a very long time ago!! And I mean very long O.O. Like probably 2007 or thereabouts. I bought a bunch of DVDs back then and it was one of them.

I've noticed a few older animes creeping through onto the streaming platforms. Like, I rewatched S-CRY-ED a few months back for the first time in another really long time.

I really wish they'd put the earlier parts of Saiyuuki on at least one of these platforms. I think Gensoumaden is something like 2000, or maybe even earlier, so I get that it's old and the animation isn't the best quality but...it seems weird to me given that they've now animated Even a Worm and that Reload Blast is still on CR but without any of the stuff that came before it. Maybe it's a licencing issue but I still live in hope. It might be 25 years old but if it's such a big merchandise seller that they can still bother to animate that missing piece of manga in spite of the fact a new chapter comes out maybe every 2 years at best nowadays...it would make sense to not confuse potential new fans by starting the story in the middle.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 27, 2022, 11:11:04 AM »
If you have access to Hoopla they've added some recently like Gakuen Heaven and Ranma 1/2.  The only drawback on Hoopla is each episode counts as a check-out so it might take a while to watch an entire series if you don't have enough check-outs available each month.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 27, 2022, 11:34:27 AM »
I think Gakuen Heaven is another I have on disc somewhere from years back. I remember people talking about Ranma way back when but I never watched it. It is nice to see some of the older shows come back though *_*.

And I mean, Fushigi Yuugi is still on CR :D

I'm always a bit amazed that Yuugi is but the other one by Watase Yuu, Ceres? Which I chickened out of watching years ago seems to have disappeared into obscurity. If I'm willing to watch/read Yona, and I read Yuugi - which has its fair share of brutal - frankly, I probably shouldn't be bothered about Ceres. But I remember people used to talk about them both a lot, and now it just seems to be Yuugi.

It's funny thinking what shows were popular in the past but have become much more difficult to find now. I have both Saiunkoku and Kyou Kara Maou on DVD but neither have been on streaming services maybe since they began. It's a shame...

I know there were some issues with the US licencing company around both at one point, which meant KKM season 3 kind of fell through the DVD release cracks for a while. But they're both too good as series to just disappear.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 02, 2022, 03:54:27 PM »
A soundtrack for Komi Can't Communicate was released this week.  Almost all of the track titles are in Japanese so I'm not sure what which songs I would be interested in.  I googled one track and it translated to "I Love Fashion."

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 02, 2022, 05:26:05 PM »
The last episode of Saiyuuki Zeroin aired on Thursday. I feel like something has finally been completed after such a long time waiting for it.

Spoiler
Hazel is such a much better character in the original narrative than what the Gunlock anime did trying to make him the villain, he's not a villain. But that end bit with Gat, and the play on words...it's all so moving and sad.

Through the story, whenever Hazel instructs Gat to attack, he says 'ikinahare' which is in dialect but it basically is an imperative of 'iku', to go. But it could also mean 'ikiru' - to live. And at the end, Gat tells Hazel that he always heard it that way, and tells Hazel to keep living...

I always hope that Hazel will come back into the manga although I think it unlikely.

Now trying to decide whether to rewatch it or watch Blast as the sequel to it. Decisions.

Also keep checking Itunes for the Granrodeo opening theme and the ending one. No dice yet...

Also been rewatching Assassination Classroom (ack, the ep in Kyoto has scenes that are so much more familiar to me now!). I want to watch Daiya but....well...I'm watching the manga a bit as well ;) I have some theories but I can't help being a biiit worried anyway, bearing in mind the last time Seidou played Inajitsu.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline MissMagicalGirl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 03, 2022, 05:27:36 PM »
I've started watching Super Cub, it's really nice so far :) pretty wholesome

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 06, 2022, 01:47:40 PM »

Also keep checking Itunes for the Granrodeo opening theme and the ending one. No dice yet...

Also been rewatching Assassination Classroom (ack, the ep in Kyoto has scenes that are so much more familiar to me now!). I want to watch Daiya but....well...I'm watching the manga a bit as well ;) I have some theories but I can't help being a biiit worried anyway, bearing in mind the last time Seidou played Inajitsu.

I've been looking for those songs on US iTunes too.  I have just a few episodes left of Daiya left before I finish watching the series for the second time.   

I found a post on Reddit that had most of the the Komi soundtrack titles translated in to English.

Ponyfan

Offline MissMagicalGirl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: April 06, 2022, 10:35:50 PM »
I've started watching Super Cub, it's really nice so far :) pretty wholesome

Finished it, gotta say, probably one of my most favorite anime's ever. I love all of the characters so much, their friendship is so nice. I love Koguma's smile.

Spoiler
I also love Shii's goofy smile in the last episode after she buys her Super Cub, so cute and wholesome.

I also really felt for her when she broke her bike. She was really inspired to be like Koguma and Reiko, yet her only way of being like them got destroyed.

It has some bad CG, but that's forgivable in my opinion, I've heard the CG was done by one guy. Also I'm a Kemono Friends fan so I'm used to less than stellar CG, and Kemono Friends was for the whole anime, unlike Super Cub which is only sometimes.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 10:39:14 PM by MissMagicalGirl »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 07, 2022, 01:13:22 PM »
Leaving a brief taster here of Horimiya...
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PlhweMsKqg
(He doesn't actually say 'it's egg time', but anyway, it's still cute)

I haven't seen either the Granrodeo or the other song on itunes yet although Amazon has them both. Even Amazon in the Uk but only on their streaming service, which I don't use. Sigh.

I don't really want to buy the whole album from Japan atm, as Japanese CDs are expensive. I'll just have to wait a bit longer and see if it eventually appears.

Saiyuuki does have some epic theme songs. I've said it before but it really does.

Also, the second season of Tiger & Bunny exists! I did watch the first ep though I need to go back and watch the movie before I continue, since I didn't finish watching that yet.

It's a bit weird hearing one of the new characters speaking with Furuya's voice. I mean, it's not like Shimozaki Nobunaga is a rarely heard voice artist but this is SO like Furuya, it's really weird.

Spoiler
The first ep started in such a BAM kind of a way that I admit I had to skip to the ending to just...make sure of something xD.

Also, Barnaby is still such a kid xD. It was funny how even though Kotetsu was late and they didn't manage to participate in the opening action of the episode, Barnaby was more cross about Kotetsu drinking his drink...

And him happily feeding his plants who are now all over his formerly empty apartment...is so cute. I mean, he is a messed up kid, and Kotetsu is like partner-dad all in one, but now he has a leafy family to keep him company too :D

« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 01:18:36 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 19, 2022, 09:41:26 AM »
I know what you mean about Amazon having some music that you can't find anywhere else.  I don't use Amazon Music either, but I've found several songs/albums on there that aren't on iTunes. :(

I'm interested in the Horimiya manga and anime now. 

Also, the second season of Tiger & Bunny exists! I did watch the first ep though I need to go back and watch the movie before I continue, since I didn't finish watching that yet.

It's a bit weird hearing one of the new characters speaking with Furuya's voice. I mean, it's not like Shimozaki Nobunaga is a rarely heard voice artist but this is SO like Furuya, it's really weird.

I finally got used to Nori sounding like Zeno sometimes but for a long time it always took me out of the anime a bit because I would picture Zeno instead of Nori while he was talking in that voice.

Since I've watched all of the Free series, I hear Haru in Furuya more often.     I also hear Miyuki in Taejun which I think is the most jarring combination between characters. 

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 19, 2022, 12:04:05 PM »
Leaving a brief taster here of Horimiya...
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PlhweMsKqg
(He doesn't actually say 'it's egg time', but anyway, it's still cute)

I haven't seen either the Granrodeo or the other song on itunes yet although Amazon has them both. Even Amazon in the Uk but only on their streaming service, which I don't use. Sigh.

I don't really want to buy the whole album from Japan atm, as Japanese CDs are expensive. I'll just have to wait a bit longer and see if it eventually appears.

Saiyuuki does have some epic theme songs. I've said it before but it really does.

Spoiler
The first ep started in such a BAM kind of a way that I admit I had to skip to the ending to just...make sure of something xD.

Also, Barnaby is still such a kid xD. It was funny how even though Kotetsu was late and they didn't manage to participate in the opening action of the episode, Barnaby was more cross about Kotetsu drinking his drink...

And him happily feeding his plants who are now all over his formerly empty apartment...is so cute. I mean, he is a messed up kid, and Kotetsu is like partner-dad all in one, but now he has a leafy family to keep him company too :D

Have you tried Freegal?  I have access through my library card and they had a bunch of stuff from Haikyu so they might have some of what  you're looking for.  The catch is that you can only download so many songs a week (I think my limit is 3) so it might take a while to get all the songs you want.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal