collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 202503 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1185 on: November 26, 2021, 02:49:07 PM »
I am not sure if it's a mistake or not.
Spoiler
The Japanese name Tesshin is written with the characters 'Tetsu' and 'Shin',  which kind of squash together in the middle. So he might well have called him Tetsu based on that. However it would be a bit confusing given Yuuki Tetsuya is also a character...
Not sure. I don't have that manga volume, so can't check what it says ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 26, 2021, 10:08:22 PM »
I don't see them listed on RightStuf yet.  RightStuf is having their Black Friday Sale this week and should start the holiday sale next week (if they follow the patterns of past years).  Sentai Filmworks is also having a sale right now but it doesn't look like Funimation has started their official holiday sale yet.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 28, 2021, 08:45:45 AM »
The RightStuf Holiday Sale has begun.  Depending on what you want it pays to check out the Sentai Filmworks sale, too.  Some of their prices are better on certain things. 

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: November 28, 2021, 02:23:53 PM »
For some reason this song keeps playing on loop in my head lately. I don't know why. I did watch Neoange recently but I've watched plenty of other stuff in between. Oh well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQFYvJmv9CI

(Small spoiler warning for Neoange).

I need to stop rewatching Yona.

ALSO, I rewatched Charlotte and realised that I'm really very stupid and slow. It only just dawned on me that
Spoiler
Sala has the same power as Shunsuke does.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 02:53:26 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 29, 2021, 08:22:01 PM »
RightStuf has both seasons of Grimm's Fairy Tales on a Cyber Monday special.  Get it before it ends at 11:59 PM CT time zone!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: December 07, 2021, 07:05:19 PM »
I am not sure if it's a mistake or not.
Spoiler
The Japanese name Tesshin is written with the characters 'Tetsu' and 'Shin',  which kind of squash together in the middle. So he might well have called him Tetsu based on that. However it would be a bit confusing given Yuuki Tetsuya is also a character...
Not sure. I don't have that manga volume, so can't check what it says ;)

That's really interesting. 

I like the song too. :D I looked for it on US iTunes but I couldn't find it.

@Pokeyonekenobie.  I'm glad you were able to get some great deals from RightStuf. :)

I'm still in season 2 of Daiya. 

Spoiler
Watching that Seiko player basically tackle Miyuki at the plate because he's determined to score and doesn't realize he's been called out still gets to me

I have a feeling we won't see Free Final Stroke part 1 until it's almost time for part 2 to be released.  I'm starting to wonder if the last season of Fruits Basket Blu Ray is delayed.  It seems we should have some indication by now of a release. 

I need to rewatch Yona.   

Has anyone watched Sword Art Online?  I have a non skippable advertisement for it on one of my anime DVDs but I had forgotten what the series was called for a long time.  Recently I an app ad I watched was for another Sword Art Online series and it made me think about it again.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 09:23:45 AM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 08, 2021, 02:08:20 PM »
I need to stop rewatching Yona.

I may actually know some of the dialogue by heart now. Yes, in Japanese.

I have also been watching Re:Life again though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: December 15, 2021, 09:56:53 AM »
ReLife is on my watchlist but I haven't started it yet. 

Daiya

Spoiler
I don't remember Kosei being so annoying the first time. I'm sure he was and his behavior was probably overshadowed by my opinion of Mei at the time but now I almost can't stand it when Kosei's pitching with that attitude of his.   

I also can't remember when Kosei exchanged Line information with Eijun.  I thought it happened before the Fall Tournament final between Seidou and Yakushi but it must happen later.

I'm trying to decide what to watch after I finish Daiya.  I want to watch Haikyuu and also rewatch Yona (maybe in Japanese this time) and Free.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: December 25, 2021, 09:52:22 AM »
So I just discovered that there's to finally be an anime adaptation of the incomplete arc of Saiyuuki, at least as far as I can gather. The Even A Worm arc kind of started to be adapted in Reload Gunlock but went a bit south because the story wasn't finished at the time it was animated.

The big problem, aside it being one of the most significant plot arcs in the manga, is that they then went on to animate Reload Blast, which connects onto the end of Even a Worm, and refers back to it.

Even a Worm is my favourite Saiyuuki arc. If they're really going to go back and animate the whole thing properly from start to finish, doing Hazel proper justice, and including certain important scenes for Hakkai and Gokuu, not to mention Ukoku...I will be very happy. I think it's the only arc that has not been properly animated. And it really needs to be because Gunlock just doesn't end right.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: December 28, 2021, 07:20:01 PM »
I hope the anime for the Even a Worm arc will do it justice. 

I heard Tiger and Bunny will have a season 2. 

I'm hoping we will see another season of Daiya (would that be Act 2 season 2?) but doubt it will happen until after the current game has ended.

I want another season of Yona also. :D

I finished Daiya season 2 and started season 3.

Ponyfan

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 28, 2021, 09:10:56 PM »
There's finally a blu-ray release date for Haikyu Season 4.  :)

I ordered from both the Sentai sale and the Rightstuf Sale on the same evening so I could get the better deal on the titles I wanted.  I got my Sentai order today in a Sentai box with a RightStuf return label. :lol:  The Rightstuf order still says it's pending fulfillment. 

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: December 29, 2021, 12:55:10 AM »
I still need to watch to the end of season 4 of Haikyuu, even though I know what happens (tribulations of being involved in Daiya fandom, you get Haikyuu spoilered as well xD). The animation wasn't as good for Season 4, IMO, although it was still miles better than some of season 3 of Daiya.

@Ponyfan, it depends on how the Inajitsu game goes, as to whether I want another season of Daiya *lol* but I figure that it is likely after the summer tournament ends, whichever way it goes. Act 2 season 2 seems likely.

I heard that about Tiger and Bunny as well. I have the movie but still didn't watch most of it. I don't know why...I guess because they're not really working together for most of it and the best part of Tiger and Bunny is their interaction with one another.

My fingers are crossed for Even a Worm. O.O

I still think it odd that CR has the rights to Reload Blast - which is the most recent part of the story - but none of the older material, so the only people who can really watch it are those who already know Saiyuuki. Sigh.

Edit to add: First ep of Zeroin aired :D Taffeta is happy so far, especially with the cryptic hints in the credits of what's to come. I'd need to check the manga to see whether the scene with Ukoku and Koumyou is actually from the start of Even a Worm, because it's also in the Burial OVA release and it might come from there, but it does make sense since Ukoku is important in this arc...

Only pain is having to wait a week for ep 2. Especially knowing my favourite part of the arc is probably some weeks away yet.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 10:55:02 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: January 10, 2022, 09:44:10 AM »
@Taffeta

I'm happy to hear that the first episode was satisfying.  :)

I'm still watching Daiya season 3.  I saw the first few seconds of Haikyuu (There was a problem with a Daiya episode, and I was trying to figure out if it was a Crunchyroll issue or just an issue with that episode) and I will be watching that one also.

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: January 13, 2022, 01:12:07 PM »
I need to get back to Haikyuu and finally finish season 4.

Although it's not really anime as such, I noticed on CR that part of their winter new show collection is a drama version of Hakuouki (which is both an otome game/anime series). It's been a while since I watched the series - I still have trouble watching the last few eps of the second arc actually - but I'm curious about this so will probably watch it to see how it works out.

I still remember when I was in Japan that one of the museums in Kyoto was using Hakuouki to narrate the ideas of the Bakumatsu. There were animation story plans around, the series screening on a big screen in the middle and giant cardboard cutouts which were the only things permitted to take photos of in what was otherwise a serious collection of Bakumatsu paraphernalia. It's true Hakuouki does touch on a lot of things that actually happened but when I think of the whole oni/rasetsu aspect of the plot I do wonder what kind of Japanese history that museum was actually teaching anyone...

Here's a slide from one of my teaching lectures, with some of the images from that museum o.O.

So anyway. Hakuouki drama. Awesome. 

I think some of the Hakuouki anime used to be on CR. Certainly the prequel did for a while I believe.

Second ep of Saiyuuki Zeroin also aired today :D. The only annoyance is having to wait a week for the next part. So glad they kept the original seiyuu even for Hazel and Gat.
The opening theme is also Granrodeo, which is a bit nostalgic...
Opening titles (typical anime theme, fighting etc):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReRUk1jnb8M
Those vines...O.O.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 04:30:54 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 15, 2022, 12:11:48 PM »
That slide and information about the museum are really interesting. 

The Youtube link didn't work for me but I looked up the opening song for Saiyuuki Zeroin. I'll be adding that to my anime playlist if I can find it on iTunes. :)

Has anyone seen Belle/Ryu to Sobakasu no Hime?  It's just been released in the US for a limited theater run.  I was listening to the music earlier and I'm already captivated by it.

Here are a couple of songs from the movie.

Lend Me Your Voice in Japanese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSbhUCM5Z6s

A Million Miles Away in Japanese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaZrspJ7eVY

I don't want to get my expectations up too high for the movie. I was a little disappointed in Weathering with You and although I like Mirai enough to rewatch it occasionally there are other films that much higher on my list.

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal