Pony Talk > Off Topic

Anime?

<< < (234/297) > >>

Ponyfan:
I watched the first episode of The Little Prince.  I thought that some of the dialogue seemed different in the Japanese version than in English and when I looked up some more information about the series I found out why.

Possible spoiler ahead.

SpoilerIn the English version it's implied that the Prince will return to his planet after he visits Earth and does so multiple times.  In the 2nd episode the Pilot finds a note from the Prince indicating that he found a goat (to eat the weeds that grew on his planet) and returned there.

In the Japanese version however it sounds like the Prince isn't coming back to his planet for quite some time if ever.  The Prince tells the space bird that he's afraid he'll die of loneliness because the only other living  thing on the planet that can give him companionship (the Rose Girl) hates him.

I got so excited about the Free Final Stroke movie that I didn't realize it will be a while before it's available to Western audiences.

Ponyfan   

Pokeyonekenobie:
I met Eric Vale at FanX this weekend.  He's a very nice guy.  His wife was there and she was nice, too.  I had him sign a picture of Yuki Sohma.  He signed it with "Stupid Cat."  :)

Ponyfan:
That sounds like a lot of fun Pokeyonekenobie.  :)  It makes me happy to hear that he and his wife were nice.  I've heard that some vas are not very nice to their fans at events.

I'd love to meet some of my favorite vas.

Ponyfan

Taffeta:
I've met one Japanese seiyuu once. I met Kondou Takashi one time at an event in London. He was involved in some of the series and franchises that I liked, so that was fun. He was very nice, very humble. I'd love to meet more but they only tend to go to American events outside of Japan, and that's a biiiit far away. But it was nice to be able to speak to him in Japanese and surprise him by knowing what Haruka was. :)

I've been rewatching Kyou Kara Maou. It's from quite a while back now. The main character, Yuuri, is voiced (at least in the original Japanese version) by Sakurai Takahiro, the same voice artist as Miyuki in Daiya. Which is fun because Yuuri is also a baseball mad teenager who plays catcher ;)

Edit to add: An old uni friend of mine linked me this, which is apparently airing next year (seems like a series from what the text says). It will be interesting to see whether the international streaming sites picks it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW40VnNrowY

The anime is based around the stuff that I wrote my PhD on.

It seems to focus a lot on Shigemori. I hope that means he'll be less irritating than he is in the actual texts.

There's sadly no subtitles for the trailer. But the clip opens with the opening phrases of the actual war tale - "Gion shouja no kane no koe, shogyo mujou no hibiki ari" (The bells of the Gion Shrine echo the impermanence of all things). There's also a line in there that's very famous from the texts - "Kono Heike no ichimon de nai mono nado hito de arazu!" (Those who are not Heike are not really people!).

From that I expect it to follow the traditional 'demonise the defeated Heike' narrative that's common in the texts, but that's okay. If it becomes actually streamed over here, and people watch it, I'll probably just spend a lot of time pointing out the bits that are nonsense xD.

I'm also curious that it seems to be based on a work by Yoshikawa Hideo, and there's a very famous work on this subject from the sixties (?) by a man called Yoshikawa Eiji. I wonder if there's a connection...

I definitely heard Sakurai Takahiro's voice in there as well.

Ponyfan:
What is everyone watching lately?   

I've been rewatching Dayia season 2.  I'll probably also go back to Over the Moon for You.

I thought Komi Can't Communicate was going to be on Crunchyroll but it's going to be on Netflix instead with new episodes uploaded weekly. 

Has anyone heard if there's going to a release date for Western audiences for Free Final Stroke?  I'm thinking it might be closer to the Japanese release date for part 2 before we get to see part 1.  That being said I don't know how long it took for Take Your Marks and High Speed to be available after their release.   

That's interesting that an anime is going to based on stuff that you wrote your PHD on Taffeta.  I heard Sakurai Takahiro too. :)

Ponyfan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version