collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anime?  (Read 202473 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Anime?
« on: November 22, 2016, 11:13:19 AM »
I can't find the old anime thread so I thought I'd make a new one since recently I've started watching anime again.

Some I'm watching rn:

Yuri!!! On Ice - I can't recommend this one enough! It's about a figure skater named Yuri and his coach. The story is great, the characters are well developed, and the music is fantastic.
Spoiler
Also the main ship actually becomes canon
I'm not usually a fan of sports animes (I'm more into magical girl anime with the occasional slice of life) but this one has got me hooked.

Kiss Him Not Me! - This one is really funny. It's about this overweight girl that's a fan of BL that loses the weight when she gets depressed over a character death and suddenly becomes attractive.

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun - This one is also funny. It's about a Manga artist and this girl that has a crush on him but can't spit it out.

There are more but those are the main ones. So is anyone else watching any good animes?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 01:26:22 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: Anime?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 11:42:07 AM »
My faves are mecha and fantasy animes, watching Kuromukuro atm <3 its super great!

I have recently watched :
Black Bullet, The Seven Deadly Sins, Kabaneri of the Iron Forttress, High School of the Dead and Hellsing (a few episodes only) and Im planning to rewatch Neon Genesis Evangelion which is my all time favourite <3

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 12:21:36 PM »
I'm currently watching Bokurano.  It's a mecha but it's kind of depressing.  14 kids are asked to play a "game" where they control a giant robot to destroy aliens.  Then they find out it's not a game and the robot feeds off of human life force, so they die after they control the robot.  And they're under contract so they can't get out of it.  I'm only six episodes in and already 4 kids have died.  I'm hoping for a happy ending (if that's even possible at this point).  Editing this post to add that this is NOT a kid's show.  Episode 7's storyline is about the relationship between one of the girls and a teacher.  Other than that, so far it's a bittersweet anime.  It makes me sad to watch the characters because you know they're going to die.  :(

If you're looking for one that's funny, sweet, and morbid, watch Assassination Classroom.  I picked that one up on a whim and I LOVE it!  My nephew, who hasn't really ever watched anime, asked me what I was watching so I put on the first episode for him and he asked if we could watch more.  I think we ended up watching six or seven episodes.   
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:11:30 PM by Pokeyonekenobie »

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 01:37:41 PM »
Came in here to recommend Kiss Him Not Me :lol:

Other than that...I tend to like "comfy" anime rather than action anymore. I highly recommend Natsume's Book of Friends. It's on season 5 right now, so there's plenty to watch.

I'm also enjoying Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari/Poco's Udon World this season. Adorable and heart warming. If one is into "parenting simulator" as I call it. I think most people who enjoyed Barakamon are likely to enjoy this as well.

My guilty pleasure of this season though... is Touken Ranbu Hanamaru. I don't play the game, but it's cute. If the plot synopsis sounds interesting to you...be prepared for disappointment though. They don't actually travel through time and fight things often. :lol: It's usually like...every other episode and for 2 minutes. It's a SoL. Cute swords doing cute things and what not. I believe Touken Ranbu is getting an actual action anime next year though.

Offline frizzycat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Plastic Candy
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 07:40:25 PM »
I really liked Konosuba. It's really funny! Protagonist dies in an embarrassing way, and the goddess Aqua gives him the option of being reborn into another world or of going to heaven (a boring place with no tv). The new world is an RPG like place that is in danger of being overtaken by the Demon King. If he chooses to be reborn into this new world, he gets to take one thing with him. He decides to game the system and chooses to take Aqua with him so he can take advantage of her goddess powers. Unfortunately, she is rather hopeless. Shenanigans ensue. I've seen this anime described as, 'a group of friends play D&D together, but everyone is useless so they just muck around, ignoring the main quest".

This one is really ecchi, but I've been enjoying Keijo!!!!!!!! It's really a parody of sports anime and is much funnier than it has any right to be. The entire premise is based on fan service, so beware.

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 08:46:54 PM »
I love Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun. I laughed so much watching that  ^.^ I also have watched a few episodes so far of Yuri On Ice and have started watching real-life ice-skaters again; I've always loved to see them compete!

I finished Orange lately; it's about a group of high school friends who lose a friend to suicide and then send letters to their past selves to try to save him. It's kind of like Anohana with a sci-fi-ish premise and I'd definitely recommend it.

I've also been watching My Love Story, but that's mostly because my brother, of all people, likes it :) It's a little light on plot: a really buff, ridiculously manly guy and a really shy girl get together for their first relationship. The main plot, sometimes, isn't so much about the girl and the guy, Takeo, but about Takeo and his best friend, Sunakawa, and the dynamics of their relationship (how having a girlfriend changes things, Sunakawa's family difficulties and Takeo being there for him, etc.) I love the manga High School Debut and the original manga was written by the same author, the super-talented Kazune Kawahara.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 11:26:46 AM »
Yuri!! On Ice. I seriously haven't been this invested in an anime and it's characters in so long. I'm really loving it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 11:28:40 AM by Flitter »

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 01:49:48 AM »
Yuri!! On Ice. I seriously haven't been this invested in an anime and it's characters in so long. I'm really loving it.

Are you currently up to date on the episodes?

Spoiler
I was near tears during the airport scene. He wasn't even expecting to find anyone waiting for him at the airport. Also really neat how they did the call back to the scene near the beginning where it's the dog who alerts Yuuri that Victor is there.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 03:48:47 PM »

Yes!

Spoiler
I've probably re-watched the ending of ep.9 like 10x.  :lol: So perfect. So many feels.
I'm really enjoying that throughout the series so far, how during these types of scenes where you'd typically see the character respond like "No, that's not what I meant!" *cue spazz-out*, that these 2 just so calmly and completely accept each other every time. There is no resistance to or denial of their feelings which are slowly growing stronger and it's beautiful.  :enthralled:

I'm dyyying to see the new ep tomorrow to see the scenes from the teaser in context.

Also,

I've really been meaning to watch Drifters.
I'm a big fan of Hellsing so I think I should like it but just haven't gotten around to watching. I'll probably marathon it after my finals are over next week.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 03:55:22 PM by Flitter »

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 11:16:33 PM »
As for new anime, I really like Bungo Stray Dogs.
And been watching a few episodes here and there of The irregular at the magic high school via netflix.
When I was in living in Japan, I did watch season 2 of the seven deadly sins but I cant speak Japanese so..yeah.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:20:21 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 01:53:29 AM »
Right now im watching No Game No Life again lol (I just love Shiro!) and finishing XYZ series in Pokemon. Omg and im watching season 2 of Seven Deadly Sins! I wish I had time to watch even more anime, my work shifts are long and physically demanding (I worked 10PM to 8-something am just the other day of constant stocking) that I just sleep until my next shift starts lol. I just want a week off work to just vacation and watch anime alll day.

So far those "slice of life" comedies are my favorite to watch since they are pretty relatable and hilarious.

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 08:06:29 PM »
I'm holding on to each new JoJo episode for dear life right now. I love this series, and don't know if I can get into anything else atm. I'm finally getting over that I finished Hunter X Hunter and there are no more episodes to watch. :lol:
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 09:23:27 PM »

Yes!

Spoiler
I've probably re-watched the ending of ep.9 like 10x.  :lol: So perfect. So many feels.
I'm really enjoying that throughout the series so far, how during these types of scenes where you'd typically see the character respond like "No, that's not what I meant!" *cue spazz-out*, that these 2 just so calmly and completely accept each other every time. There is no resistance to or denial of their feelings which are slowly growing stronger and it's beautiful.  :enthralled:

I'm dyyying to see the new ep tomorrow to see the scenes from the teaser in context.

Spoiler
Omg they got engaged!!! And like that plot twist about what happened at last year's Grand Prix was totally unexpected and puts everything that's happened since in a whole new light! I swear this show pretty much saved an otherwise crappy year.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Flitter

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 09:57:41 PM »

Spoiler
Omg they got engaged!!! And like that plot twist about what happened at last year's Grand Prix was totally unexpected and puts everything that's happened since in a whole new light! I swear this show pretty much saved an otherwise crappy year.

Spoiler
I was so not expecting all this! This show is amazing. I'm def gonna have to rewatch the earlier eps to see what all hints I coulda caught after that was dropped on us, as if the rings weren't enough!  Many of the other characters actions toward Yuuri make a lot more sense now.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 01:07:20 AM »
Just finished Kuromukuro (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuromukuro), it was really great :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal