collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

which tactic?

one huge lot!
7 (70%)
mystery/surprise lots!
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Best way to sell average G3 collection?  (Read 703 times)

Offline AppaloosaPinto

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Best way to sell average G3 collection?
« on: August 07, 2016, 09:51:40 PM »
I have a large collection of average g3s that I'd like to get rid of & don't really want to spend the time to separate them all out & groom for individual sale. I was debating on either listing the ENTIRE group on eBay as an auction OR separating them into random BIN groups of about 7 ponies each (without duplicate characters, of course) and advertising as a mystery/surprise lot.

Which do you think would be most successful?

Here's the collection in question:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Do you have G1 Back Cards for sale/trade? If so, take a peek at my Wanted Ad and shoot me a PM or see my Sale Ad

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to sell average G3 collection?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 10:05:04 PM »
Sell Minty definitely by herself, she will get a good price. Also the purple Pegasus which name escapes me.

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 11:32:33 PM »
Mystery lots sound fun! If you put them up for sale, please mail me, I am interested in them :)
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 07:13:59 AM »
I would consider selling Twinkle Hope separately as well, if only because she was a more limited edition release.  She's the purple one in the middle row with the glittery hair and blue star in her cutie mark, between Cheerilee and Wisteria.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 07:28:17 AM »
 I Would say individually.
The McD ponies could sell as a lot. As for the blind bags, idk :P I'm not sure how popular G3 ponyville figures are.
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 09:33:02 AM »
I would say to sell the ones that might fetch more money by themselves, like other people have mentioned. But since you said you don't want to do that, I can only tell you that I would probably not buy a "grab bag" of g3's unless they were really cheap- like a dollar for 5 of them or something. I already have most of them and am looking for specific ones. If I saw your lot on ebay (or here) I would be more likely to go for it, because I could get the ones that I still need and then sell the ones that I don't. That's the fastest way to deal with them, and the best way for them to become Someone Else's Problem. An adorable and colorful problem, of course!

You could also just post your picture again in the "for sale" section and see who offers you money for which ones. The ones that are left could be put up for sale in a big lump, if there are any left. (If it were me, I would probably start with offering choice for $5, then when that peters out, lower the price to $2, then fifty cents.) 

I love pictures of huge groups of ponies, by the way. They make me smile every time.
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline AppaloosaPinto

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 09:54:32 AM »
Thank you everyone! I've decided to follow Aurora's advice & just list them as a big lot. Even though the grab bag idea sounded fun, I probably wouldn't go for it either unless there was a chance of getting a higher-priced pony. That said, I still included Twinkle Hope & Minty in there - hoping that builds intrigue and a bidding war! Haha. Y'all can go check out the auction link on my sales post :)
Do you have G1 Back Cards for sale/trade? If so, take a peek at my Wanted Ad and shoot me a PM or see my Sale Ad

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal