collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: price check: Sunburst, Fireball, Splish, Splash, float, newborns  (Read 1801 times)

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
price check: Sunburst, Fireball, Splish, Splash, float, newborns
« on: November 20, 2015, 10:08:28 AM »
Please help me decide what prices to ask for these.
I haven't sold anything here in a long time and I'm not up to date with prices. I have looked at ended auctions on ebay now and searched the price check archive here to get an idea.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sunburst comes with his comb. He does have a few of the faint brown discolourations he is known for.
Would it be ok to ask $90 ?

Fireball has one neon pink spot under his tummy. Some tiny marks under his hooves.
$50-ish ?

Splash comes with her float.
Ponies in their typical condition, stripe does not change colour. Float has paint rub, no cracks.
These were hard to find prices for, there is nothing in the archive here, just a Splosh for $70.
Only a couple of ebay auctions and the prices seem crazy high. When did they jump in value? Or is it the season? A Splash with float ended at £250 recently. A Splish at £62.

Surprise newborns, elephant, duck, giraffe symbols. All have flaws, symbol rub and or tail rust
-

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
Re: price check: Sunburst, Fireball, Splish, Splash, float, newborns
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 10:26:48 AM »
 :drool: sorry i can't help, just want to drool here. wow gorgeous ponies.
i wish splish was in my budget reach and giraffe NB

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 10:02:52 AM »
I'm not sure on prices. The prices for the Mountain boys seem pretty accurate. I know the actions your talking about. That person has some great ponies and some of them went crazy high. Like right now one of the pearly mermaid ponies they have is already at $90. I think I paid $30-$40 max for each one of mine in pretty good shape years ago. I think it's the season and some people just get caught up in the bidding war.

I wish I could add fireball to my collection, I just love his colors!

Good luck with your sales!

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 10:05:21 AM »
Oooh! I'd love to buy the surprise newborns if possible! :lol: :heart:
Can't help with prices though... :blush:

Offline The Little White Horse

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 10:38:33 AM »
If you decide to sell, I'd love to be able to buy Fireball. :)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 10:56:02 PM »
The seaside babies with floats are selling super high at the moment, i think you would be best selling her on ebay and i wouldnt be surprised to see her exceed the $150 mark. Splish use to sell for about $60 but i am not sure with ebay prices

Offline tootie_tails

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 01:11:24 AM »
Thank you all for the input, posts and pm:s  :hug:
(No more opinions about the mountain boys btw?)

Yes I'm still not sure about the prices. I'd like to go by the super high ebay price of Splash obviously but realize I can not do that as it's only one occasion so not reliable by itself.
I wish I could find prices from other sales to compare with to get a better idea.
Here on the arena the only recent one I could find is a Splosh that was pricechecked and sold at $70 a couple of months ago. (which seems to be about what she goes for on ebay too)
I know Splosh is typically the least expensive out of the three. For example, when Splosh used to go for $40 the other two were at $50-60.
So I'm thinking if Splosh is at $70 now the other two should be at ~$80-90.

I'll try to get a sales post up in a couple of days when I have taken individual pictures of them.
-

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 01:41:44 AM »
I paid $100 for Sunburst. So IMO, they're pretty high priced considering age, they're boys, and they're UK exclusives. But not too high priced since they're not MIB and have a flaw here and there  :satisfied:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 04:55:21 PM »
With the Seaside Babies, and prices, they are and always have been hard to find ponies. Ponies from the last year in most of Europe weren't entirely distributed as much as some of the others, and so they aren't so common. They were certainly never sold in our area - all the ponies sister and I had from that year new came either from holiday or a clearance store in London my mother found out about.

But what I have noticed is that 1994 ponies WITH their accessories/accessory go stupidly high at times. I don't know if that is their "value", but having the float is a big difference from not having it. Finding 1994 ponies is hard enough, finding them WITH the accessory even more so. And if their hair stripe still changes or isn't too wrecked, even more again. Your two look like their hair stripe is still predominately orange and not too fluffy.

The ebay price with float is a bit mad in my opinion, but I would say the float adds. They only had floats, so that's essentially then a complete pony (unless someone is looking for the card and the instruction sheet as well, but most people aren't so fussed about those...?)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tootie_tails

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 02:41:54 AM »
The sales post is up!
(To the people who inquired before the post was up: nothing is on hold yet, I thought it was best to put prices and make detailed descriptions first, if you are still interested based on asking price and condition, feel free to pm again)

With the Seaside Babies, and prices, they are and always have been hard to find ponies. Ponies from the last year in most of Europe weren't entirely distributed as much as some of the others, and so they aren't so common. They were certainly never sold in our area - all the ponies sister and I had from that year new came either from holiday or a clearance store in London my mother found out about.

But what I have noticed is that 1994 ponies WITH their accessories/accessory go stupidly high at times. I don't know if that is their "value", but having the float is a big difference from not having it. Finding 1994 ponies is hard enough, finding them WITH the accessory even more so. And if their hair stripe still changes or isn't too wrecked, even more again. Your two look like their hair stripe is still predominately orange and not too fluffy.

The ebay price with float is a bit mad in my opinion, but I would say the float adds. They only had floats, so that's essentially then a complete pony (unless someone is looking for the card and the instruction sheet as well, but most people aren't so fussed about those...?)

Yes my heart jumped when I saw the ending price for Splash with float, £250 converts to ~$370:shocked:

Do you have an opinion about the float's value btw? I know from before the floats have been even more than the ponies themselves but I don't remember by how much. I would prefer to sell my Splash and float as a set but i see the question coming..

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:51:42 AM by tootie_tails »
-

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 04:53:52 AM »
The sales post is up!
(To the people who inquired before the post was up: nothing is on hold yet, I thought it was best to put prices and make detailed descriptions first, if you are still interested based on asking price and condition, feel free to pm again)

Yes my heart jumped when I saw the ending price for Splash with float, £250 converts to ~$370:shocked:

Do you have an opinion about the float's value btw? I know from before the floats have been even more than the ponies themselves but I don't remember by how much. I would prefer to sell my Splash and float as a set but i see the question coming..

I honestly don't. My sister and I had all of that set from new on clearance and I have never had a duplicate float for any of them. I'm not sure I've ever had a duplicate pony, actually. Maybe one or two, ever, and that would've been a long time ago. It's just a trend I've noticed that the accessories for the already hard to find last year ponies are also getting pricey. I saw some scary prices for sweetie baby clips recently, around $100 each, and the auction you mentioned may be a one off but it still seems to be a trend that's on the rise.

(I confess it makes me wonder about the value of ours, now, since we kept the backcards and I have instruction sheets for at least two of them in my folder too) O.o.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 07:54:51 PM »
How lovely!! Good luck with your sales!  :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 03:55:37 PM »
Sunburst comes with his comb. He does have a few of the faint brown discolourations he is known for.
He is $80-90 when in nice condition, brown marks will knock him down but his comb is worth $20-25. So I think your $90 would be fair or perhaps too low depending on how bad the age marks are.

Fireball has one neon pink spot under his tummy. Some tiny marks under his hooves.
$70 in minty condition so if he has regrind then 50-55 is good

Splash comes with her float - $80-85 for the pony and $90 for the float
Splish - $80-85
Splosh - $65-70
They have jumped a bit in value mainly as they have been a bit spare on sales...the floats have leaped up a bit as well.

Newborn Cuddles - $35
Newborn Snoozy - $75
Newborn Bouncy - $75
Price in nice condition as I am not sure what each is suffering from
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2015, 07:29:43 AM »
Splash I just sold a bit ago with float for 160. My jaw dropped as well when I saw the one on ebay sell right after for so much.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal