collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Private Disney Halloween Swap With Mkia9 -- Pic Heavy!  (Read 987 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Private Disney Halloween Swap With Mkia9 -- Pic Heavy!
« on: October 28, 2015, 12:53:34 AM »
Last month Mkia9 posted looking for a partner for a Halloween swap. She was open to ideas, but mentioned she'd particularly like to do a Disney themed one. I was intrigued, so I messaged her about that and we decided that we would do a swap for Disney goodies and Halloween treats. Well, the most Spooktacular night of the year is almost here, and my parcel from Mkia has beaten it by several days. Did I wait to open it? Of course not! :lol: Keep scrolling to see all the Disney awesomeness and delicious treats!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's what I saw when I opened the ginormous box and peeled away the tissue paper keeping everything from trying to bust free. :D Such pretty festive colors. Here's a better look, since I didn't get to take my normal out of box shot. My mom was eager to see everything (you guys think your dogs, cats, etc. are bad? :lol: ) and honestly, I'm not sure there would've been room...

I managed to save a lot of the wrapping from this box and have folded it up neatly so I can reuse it in the future. I particularly love the white, orange and black "Boo!" paper and the ribbons are just awesome. I wonder if I'll save 'em for presents or let a few of my MLP wear Halloween ribbons for a while? (Anyone know if that'd be safe?)

A Mickey and Minnie postcard. Does it get any more Disney than this? :heart: So cute!

Mkia included some goodies for my mom. Cute Halloween socks, gummies and three Disney pins from her favorite Disney film, The Little Mermaid.

Here's a closer look at the pins:

I remember being nine or ten and going to Florida with my grandparents. My birthday is in February, so when we got back I was surprised with a bedroom that had been completely redone in Little Mermaid stuff--sheets, blanket, curtains, bed mat--which was really cool. I'm pretty sure that was mom's idea. :lol:

Look at all the yummies! I loved getting all the little Halloween candy. I found it fascinating because what you guys in the US get in your mini bags appears to be so different than what we get up here. I'm going to guess the fruit things in the clear package are Skittles? (Correct if I'm wrong.) and I'm going to need to open the white package to see what treat it contains, as it's not labelled.

Here's a closeup of some of the really unique / new to me / hard to get treats. I love Laffy Taffy and I was out, so I was thrilled to see two bags of it. I've had Tim Tams once before, but I look forward to trying the Tim Tam Slam this time. The Meiji Hello Panda and the Hershey's Snack Mix are both things I've never heard of, but they sound like my kinda things and I love trying new stuff so I'm looking forward to that.

So much hot chocolate and tea! We have Swiss Miss up here (and it's good) but I don't think I've seen this particular version of it, so I'm looking forward to trying it. I'm looking forward to trying all of the fruit teas since I love fruit tea and there are some really awesome sounding flavors there. The green tea is definitely going to be new to me, and it's been suggested that I try it iced. As for the Vanilla Chai, I've already had one cup and I'm thinking of pausing writing my post to make another. *wanders off to do that...*

Adorable Halloween socks and Inside Out magnets. Pretty sure one of the little ones is meant to have the middle popped out so you can use it to frame how you're feeling. What a neat idea. :) Also love that the socks have haunted houses on them--one of my fondest childhood memories is telling ghost stories with my grandma and little brothers when she would visit.

Stickers! Lots of them! The Star Wars ones will likely be shared with my bf, the little round ones will make great gift toppers someday, and the other two packs are staying put until I come up with an epic enough project to warrant them. The Little Mermaid ones are really cute, and the princess set, "Love to Sparkle", are some of the prettiest stickers I've received. They're glittery, detailed and big so I can really see them well. Awesome!

One of the things we decided we wanted to do fairly early on was include a villain related item. I absolutely love this puzzle. I'm a huge Disney Villains fan and this has the vast majority of my favorites. It's going to stay put until either my bf or one of my brothers can help me put it together. Most likely my bf, since we're thinking of looking up how to turn it into a picture for my wall. (I'm legally blind. If I tried to do this on my own, equal portions of hilarity and lost sanity would ensue. :lol: )

That may have been picture overload, but it's the only way I could think of to do this cute little Disney Princess cup justice. I think this is going to wind up holding the Laffy Taffy and sitting on my dresser along with my (upcoming) mini tree. I love all of the various Disney Princess movies, so getting this was pretty neat.

I love this Star Wars tote. It's probably going to end up holding all my various boxes of tea. What makes it really unique, to me, is how it shows Anakin, Padme, Luke and Leia with Vader in the background tying everything together / tearing everything apart. What a great idea for a bag design! The color scheme is very Empire / Sith which really works for me too since that's my faction in SWtoR (Star Wars: The Old Republic).

One of the things Mkia and I ended up talking about a lot was Disney pins. I hadn't heard of them before, but once I started researching them I got very interested in them. I have a very small space to store my collectibles, so pins are something that is very appealing. Plus, they are still big enough that I can see them well and enjoy them. I'm pretty excited about the ones that she sent me.

The Little Mermaid one is very pretty (excuse the glare, I didn't notice that when uploading and it's 2 a.m. now. :lol: ) . My favorites are the two shoes, though. What a neat idea! I went and looked the set up and of these I think Rapunzel's is my favorite and I have it. I think I may aim to collect the rest of the shoes, though, since I like their design.

The Minnie Mouse pin is cute and the Cinderella one is nicely detailed. As for the Snow White and Aurora ones, I think they're very clever. To me they look like each princess is looking at her reflection in a rear view mirror, which is very fitting since they are some of the earlier princesses to have a film.

Look at this awesome Star Wars tin (I think it's meant to be a lunch pail?). I have a zillion and one tiny craft items that I'm constantly losing track of and this should help with those a lot. :D The design is really awesome and while I'm not sure the photo captured this well, it's also sort of sculpted into the way the box is made, which is pretty neat.

This is such an adorable tin! :heart: Right now it's holding my new pins and some of the candy. Once I've set the pins up as I plan to, it'll likely hold my Washi tapes. I love the fact that some of my favorite princesses are on here, especially Belle and Rapunzel. I also think it's cool that it says "Dare to dream".

Adorable Aladdin figures! You guys, these are so cute! I think my favorites are Jasmine sitting on Rajah and the Sultan. One picture isn't gonna do these justice. If you'd like to see them up close, click the spoiler.

Spoiler

Still with me? Great! (That was a lot of pictures. :lol: )

Itty Bittys! And these three were way up there on the want list. :D I'm becoming very addicted to these. I'm gonna need to find a larger space for them.

I've seen the Tin Man in person before and knew he looked awesome, but seeing and owning are always two different things. I can't wait to bring him with me the next time I visit my aunt. She and I both like him best among all the Wizard of Oz characters. I really love the fact that his cute little "heart" is there and that the hands on it are pointing to an early hour. From some reason that makes me feel he has a heart that is half full, rather than half empty. I think that suits him.

And here are Han and Leia. (They're going to look cute when I pick up their Disney Infinity counterparts. :D ) I love the original Star Wars trilogy, and Han and Leia are probably my favorite characters. (What did you expect from a romance writer? :lol: ) I grabbed Chewbacca on impulse back in September and now he finally has some company. (Besides Disgust, who is likely "disgusted" by him.)

And finally, last but definitely not least...

I opened this last, so it's only fitting you guys should see it last, too. :) Lady and the Tramp was my childhood Disney film. I figure everyone has one. I had (and still have) plushes from it that my grandma and grandpa bought me at Disney World when I was little. My grandpa would make them talk and used them to teach me stuff. (Whether it was spelling, math, important things he wanted me to understand, etc.). I traveled with my grandparents all over Canada and the US when they bought and sold antiques and my plush Lady and Tramp were with me every step of the way.

With that context in mind, imagine my joy and shock at receiving this mug! The other thing I got from my grandpa? My love of tea, and this mug is absolutely perfect for it. (I should know--I've had two mugs of it while typing all this. :lol: ) Looking at what I wrote when I messaged you, Mkia, I don't think I necessarily got across quite how much I love this. (But then, I had a lot to say so it's not surprising it got muddled. :lol: ) What I can tell you is that mom and I were both very surprised when I removed this from the box and unwrapped it. :)

Cute little note card that had stuff for me to read once everything was open. :) I love how it fit into the box's theme thanks to its colors. :)

Whew! That took a while. *glances at clock. quickly looks away* :lol:

Mkia, thanks so much for sending me this absolutely wonderful box. I love all of the amazing things that you sent me. :)

And thanks to anyone who's actually made it to the end of this post. It turned out really, really long.

Anyway, I think I'm going to stop typing now and enjoy my goodies. *points at the last picture* Thanks for having a look at this thread. :)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 01:46:50 AM by ladybastilla »

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
Re: Private Disney Halloween Swap With Mkia9 -- Pic Heavy!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 02:34:03 AM »
Wow amazing swap! Congrats ^.^

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 06:56:04 AM »
Yay!!! I'm so glad you liked everything!! :).

Yes the clear bag is skittles and the white bag is lifesaver gummis, if I remember right.

I so want the lady and the tramp mug for myself haha. I bought the Marie one when I bought yours. I have a mug obsession lol.

All the pins were found at disneyland on our last trip. I had a lot of fun finding them for you :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 08:49:12 AM »
Awesome box! Congrats!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 01:56:08 PM »
What a fun swap! I love Disney stuff, it was great to see so many cute things!
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 11:10:49 AM »
What an amazing box of Disney goodness!!

I love the Lady and Tramp mug especially ~ congrats!
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 07:12:01 PM »
Aaaaaaaah im so jeally!!! Those Ariel pins and Lady&Trap mug!!!! What amazing box, congrats on everything!!!!!
:frolic:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal