collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 Ornament Swap - all done  (Read 32260 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
2015 Ornament Swap - all done
« on: October 12, 2015, 05:59:45 AM »

BRAG THREAD!!

Welcome to the Ornament Swap.
A swap for us to share our love of the season with each other.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Basic Info:
This swap is about exchanging Holiday ornaments with each other.  But everyone celebrates the holidays differently, please keep that in mind when shopping.  There is no minimum nor maximum number of ornaments.  You can spend the budget on one amazing ornament, or buy lots of little ones.
Please include extras in the box.  These do not go to the value of the box, but can include anything, candy, note books, pencils, hand made goodies,  Keeping them holiday themed would be great, but you don't have to.

Rules:
* Per Arena rules you must be at least 16 years old.
* You should have at least 3 positive feedbacks for trading/selling.
* You must have 150  posts here in the arena.
* You must be an active member for 6 months or more.
* You should have participated in at least one other swap.
**If you do not meet one of the 4 criteria directly above but would still like to join, send me a pm, I can be flexible depending on how far your are off)**
* This swap has a value of $15 not including extras.  You can go over, but please try not to by too much, and don't be disappointed if your partner does not.
* There is a minimum of $5 to be spent on extras.
* This is a random swap, please do not contact your partner directly, and do not say who your partner is anywhere else.
* This swap does not have a wish list per say, but it is important to let your partner know what colours and themes your interested in.  Please make a list including preferred colours, themes, religious or not, and if you have any allergies.
* Shipping is not included in the value of the box.
* Gifts must be wrapped.
* Include a card for your partner saying who the box is from.
*If you include a glass ornament please make sure it is packed very well (this could mean packing it in it's own smaller box within the larger one).  We don't want any broken ornaments.
*Either tracking or insurance on your swap box is recommended.
*You must post in this thread at least once every two weeks.  Do not join, if you don't plan on participating in the swap discussion.

Dates:
Forms in by: 25th of October
partners assigned by: 1st of November
Shipping deadline for both international or domestic is: December 6th

At this point I have no maximum cap on numbers, but if I get a large number of people very quickly I may make a cap so we can all get started early.  I will also try and assign partners as quickly as possible as there is a very short shopping window on this swap.

Shipping deadline is the deadline.  We want people to have ornaments on their trees in December.  So please plan things well and make sure you get out on time.  I don't want people shipping late because they didn't budget for postage properly. 

There is no earliest shipping time.  If you want to ship early you can.

FORM:
Please PM this form to me:
1. Are you willing to ship international?

2. Feedback link:

3. Any Candy Dislikes or Allergies?

4. In which swaps have you been before:

- Your Screen-Name:
 - Real Name and Mailing Address:
 - Your Email address:

When you have been approved I will also PM you this Form.  This is to go into the thread.  You can start filling it out now.  I will also add any questions asked by participants to this post.

1. What colours do you prefer:

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?

4. What candy do you like or dislike?

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?

Participants
xeevee shipped/received
icecreamgirl shipped/received
Princess Lala shipped/received
mkia9 shipped/received
Ledbyrd shipped/received
Einhornbaby shipped/ received
ladybastilla shipped/received
Nessy_86 shipped/received
Arianna shipped/received
wiccanpony1 shipped/received
Ringwraith10 shipped/received
aintnobuffalo shipped/ received
BethyVic shipped/received
maddie shipped/received
Randompony shipped/received
Seachanger shipped/received
Libelle shipped/received
Katgyrl shipped/received
Capnchan shipped/received
rosierjay shipped/received

Questions from the group:

Favorite Licensed Characters?
Favorite Animals?
Handmade Items?
Do you have Pets?
Allergies?
Extras?
Anything for family members?
How do you celebrate the Holiday Season?
Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your area?
Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like?
Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? (You can list brands, flavors, whatever helps.)
Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box? (What are Itty Bittys?: http://explore.hallmark.com/itty-bittys/ )
Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box? (What are Cubeez?: http://shop.hallmark.com/gifts/home-decor/cubeez/
Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one? (What are these?: http://shop.hallmark.com/all-itty-bittys/?prefn1=ittyBittys&prefv1=Ornaments
Do you prefer the outside of your box decorated or plain?
Are there any ornaments that you are likely to already have?
Who are your favorite ponies?
What countries do you like treats from?
Is there a pet(s) you would like to have an ornament made of?
if you would like an ornament based off of one of your pets or family members could you post a picture and their name please? Please clear as possible pictures that are easier to see.
How do you feel about Halloween candy?
Is your tree a full sized tree or a mini tree?
Regarding hand-made items: how would you feel about receiving a gift or two that was purchased on Etsy?
Would you like to link to any social media so we can get a better idea what you are like/pics of pets, etc (you of course do not have to do this if you feel uncomfortable doing so).
Whats your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box?
i got something, but the more i look at the auction pictures the more i think... oh crud this might be a knock off. do you still want it? or should i try to return it?
also how do you feel about figures etc turned into ornaments?
There are always lovely holiday themed mugs around this time of year. Would you like something like that?
Partner, are there any ornaments you've had your eye on that I could get you? Or like "I've always wanted a ______ ornament, but never got one"?
Partner, are any of the Disney store ornaments of interest to you this year?
What scents do you like?  Anything to avoid?
Lush have an amazing range of Christmas shower and bath products.  Are you interested in this kind of thing?  Here's a link so you can have a look:  https://www.lush.co.uk/products/christmas
What kind of ornaments/materials/themes do you dislike (i.e. what should your partner avoid)?
Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories or (inexpensive) ponies that you wouldn't mind receiving?
Do you prefer ornaments with hooks or ribbons to attach them to trees?
Dear secret partner, do you like traditional German glass ornaments like the ones pictured below? (If any of the sample ornaments appeal to you particularly you're welcome to tell me! ;))
Spoiler

*approved 10-12-2015 - kkat
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 12:14:27 PM by xeevee »

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Ornament Swap
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 07:22:05 AM »
This was one of my favourite swaps last year!

Off to fill my form out  :biggrin:
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 09:20:05 AM »
much yeeeeeeeez! :3 I did this swap last year and it was a BLAST!  Sign me up!

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 10:20:45 AM »
I am thinking about it.
Only thing is I don't wanna ship out side the U.S
Just cuz I am trying to save for a apartment.

But I would think it would be fun.
:accomplished:

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 11:34:49 AM »
I am thinking about it.
Only thing is I don't wanna ship out side the U.S
Just cuz I am trying to save for a apartment.

But I would think it would be fun.

You don't have to ship outside of the US if you don't want to.  I allow for choice, there is usually a tonne of US participants anyway.  :)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 06:00:32 PM »
Yes!!! Count me in :).

I'll send my form in a bit.

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 06:05:01 PM »
Oh me please! This will be my third one!

*makes a note to send in form*

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 08:45:19 PM »
I'm working on my form right now. :) This looks like fun!

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 10:12:58 PM »
I just sent my form! I love fun tree ornaments!!!

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 10:21:00 PM »
Count me in too! :D

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 10:59:56 PM »
Yay I'm in!

I like the classic christmas colours such as red, gold, green. I also like the blue/ silver combo!

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:
I am not particularly religious, we do celebrate christmas, I don't mind stars or angels

I love all the christmas stuff like cutie santa, snowflakes, reindeer, penguins. I also like the traditional Victorian style. I love disney and have a few disney ornaments for my tree! I also like animal themes. My favourite animals are cats, owls and rabbits

Chocolate - I like milk and white chocolate. Chocolate with caramel, marshmallow, nuts all good! I don't like coconut, marzipan, Turkish delight, peanut butter
Sweets - I like gummy sweets. I love taffy and wonka's sweet tarts (can't get either of these in the UK). I don't like black liquorice
Chips - I love Cheetos, cheese and the jalepeno and cheese flavour. I can't get these in the UK either
I like drinking coffee and hot cocoa especially topped with marshmallows! I don't drink tea!
I don't have any allergies

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between? I definitely prefer quality over quantity so something in between or one amazing ornament

Yes

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.
MLP G1, G3 and G4. Disney merch especially Winnie the Pooh, Aristocats, Minnie and Mickey. I love all disney! I have just started collecting Tsum tsums. Snoopy, Moomins. I also like the Grinch. Yes I would like anything of these characters especially as Christmas ornaments.

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?
Not that I am aware of

Extra Questions
Spoiler
MLP -G1  Lickety Split, Fizzy
G3 - Snowflake
G4- Rarity, Applejack

Disney
Winnie the Pooh and Friends
Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck
Thumper
Aristocats
Lady and Tramp
Olaf and Sven
Seven Dwarfs

Peanuts: Snoopy, Woodstock

Favorite Animals?
Cats, rabbits, Owls, Hedgehogs

Handmade Items?
Yes love them!

Do you have Pets?
Not at the moment  :(

Allergies?
None

Extras?
I like stickers, stationary items such as pens, erasers, notepads, washi tapes, post its or fridge magnets, tote bags. I love lip balms and socks!
Chocolate, hot chocolate, marshmallows

My son, Henry, is 3 and loves trains, especially Thomas and friends, Peter Pan, Disney Cars.
Husband will help eat any treats!

How do you celebrate the Holiday Season? My favourite part of the holiday season is giving presents and spending time with my family. December is generally the one month of the year when I get to see everyone. This year I will miss my brother as he is travelling and will be in Australia. We generally have roast turkey dinner either on Xmas eve or Xmas day and gorge ourselves with luxury buffets the other days! I love everything out Xmas really and it is so much more magical now we have our son Henry. This is the first year he knows what is coming and he is already on countdown!

Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your
area?

See candy likes/ dislikes as I have mentioned this in that answer

Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like?
Coffee or hot chocolate. No tea, thanks. I like flavoured hot chocolates but I like my coffee just regular or the cappuccino sachets are nice

Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? (You can list brands, flavors, whatever helps.)
No thanks - I'm worried they may not travel well!

Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box?
I would be happy with Sven or Olaf

Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box?
These are super cute. Snoopy, Winnie the Pooh or any of the christmas ones would be a winner!

Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one?
The Mickey and Minnie Mouse ones are cute!

I don't mind either way, whatever my partner wants to do

I have a variety of ornaments, some of which are really old! A lot come from places I have travelled to and disney ones I have acquired from various trips to WDW and DLP, so I wouldn't worry partner I think it is very unlikely you would double up.
I have last year's Hallmark Cotton Candy ornament

G1 Lickety Split, Fizzy
G3 Snowflake

What countries do you like treats from?
USA ~ See candy likes and dislikes for info

Is there a pet(s) you would like to have an ornament made of?
Scully who sadly passed away in 2013
Here is a photo

Do you have a link to share of a site where you have pictures of your collections, tree, pets, or anything else you want us to see (something like Instagram or Flickr)?
No sorry!

I don't mind any candy as long as it fits within my likes

Full sized!

Regarding hand-made items: how would you feel about receiving a gift or two that was purchased on Etsy?
I would be fine with that!

What's your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box?
The Snowman is one of my favourites and the Grinch. Yes I would love anything of either of these in my box.
I also love Elf - watching Elf in the run up to Christmas is a family tradition!

i got something, but the more i look at the auction pictures the more i think... oh crud this might be a knock off. do you still want it? or should i try to return it?
If it looks good then all good!

also how do you feel about figures etc turned into ornaments?
That's fine with me!

There are always lovely holiday themed mugs around this time of year. Would you like something like that?
Sounds great!

Partner, are there any ornaments you've had your eye on that I could get you? Or like "I've always wanted a ______ ornament, but never got one"?
I would love a Snoopy one!

Are you interested in any Disney ornaments?
Yes I have already listed my favourite characters!

What scents do you like?  Anything to avoid? I like fruity scents and fall smells like cinnamon. I am not so keen on floral scents

Lush have an amazing range of Christmas shower and bath products.  Are you interested in this kind of thing?
I love love lush especially their christmas bath bombs and bubble bars

What kind of ornaments/materials/themes do you dislike (i.e. what should your partner avoid)?
Anything my partner wants to include will be great!

Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories or (inexpensive) ponies that you wouldn't mind receiving?
I love G1 puffy stickers and a have a list of the ones I have in my wish list link in my signature
G1 brushes, ribbons and combs are always welcome
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:38:41 PM by icecreamgirl »
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 02:40:41 AM »
1. What colours do you prefer:  I love purple and silver for Christmas. But I have a new tree this year, so there is no colour restriction for ornaments. 

2. Do you want or are you opposed to Religious ornaments (please be specific as there are lots of different religions that celebrate holidays this season)?:  I am not religious at all.  I am ok with you sending me religious stuff if its for some cultural reason that you want to share, but as a rule it's best to avoid most religious iconography for me. 

3. What Themes do you like (santa, snow flakes, carousels, funny, etc)?  I love having novelty ornaments based on things I like (My little ponies, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Marvel comics) that kind of thing is my absolute favourite.  I also love really classic European looking ornaments.  Ornaments shaped like carousel animals are fantastic, as are bird ornaments with real feathers for their tails.  I also really love Disney Ornaments.  I can't say I've ever seen an official licensed Disney Ornament I haven't liked, but if you want to aim for favourites, I love the ear hat ornaments (I already have Oogie Boogie and the Sally NBC ones) and the princess shoe ornaments. Plus my favorite movies are Nightmare Before Christmas, Fox and the Hound, and the Rescuers. 

4. What candy do you like or dislike?  I LOVE chocolate.  Massive chocoholic here.  If the only candy you include is chocolate then I'd be happy.  I also love things like cookies.  I like taffy that you get from small candy stores (not big chain things like laffy taffy), boiled candy, maple candy and gummies, but with most of those last things you have to make sure they do not contain gelatin.  Otherwise I actually don't like any other candy, especially american candy.

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?  I would much rather get one amazing ornament than lots of small ones.  I am not in Germany for much after Christmas and I would probably end up having to get rid of anything cheap.

6. Are you happy to get glass ornaments (they break easily)?  I love glass ornaments.

7. What do you collect?  Would you like these collections reflected in either the ornaments or the extras in your swap box.  I collect all gens of MLP, Doctor Who things, Harry Potter stuff, Marvel Comics things, puppets, kites, and comics in general.  I also like Game of Thrones, True Blood and getting small local things from your area.  Happy to get anything like that in my box as either extras or the main ornament.

8. Are there any customs issues that are relevant (for example, Australia can be funny about things like straw)?  Not that I am aware of.

Questions from the group under the Spoiler:
Spoiler
*MLP - Twinkler, Activity Club Baby, and Apple Jack
*Other stuff -
Doctor Who (10 especially, but any is cool by me.)
Harry Potter (once again anything, but I love Sirius and Snape and Slytherin things)
Zelda and Link
Eevee
Sally and Oogie Boogie from Nightmare Before Christmas
Loki
Iron Man
Captain America
Gambit
Captain Marvel
Ghost from Game of Thrones

Favorite Animals?  I love all animals.  I have a degree in zoology, so animal things are great.  My absolute faves are Sun Bears and Red Pandas, but if it is Christmassy and animal themed I'm sure I'll like it.

Handmade Items? Are my favourite things ever.

Do you have Pets?  No sadly, mid travelling so having pets is impractical.

Allergies?  None that you need to worry about (unless you plan on force feeding me snow pea sprouts.  Please don't do that).

Extras?  I adore Christmas themed things.  Scented pencils and pens.  Stickers.  Pens.  Chocolate.  Oh and in my want list (link in my sig) there is a really extensive list of pony trading cards and ccg that I need.  If you have spare of any they are a perfect extra for me.  As are packs of cards (particularly more recent series).  I LOVE getting cards as extras.  I also am addicted to bath things like oil, bath bombs/fizzers, bubble bath.

Anything for family members?  I don't mind if you want to.  And I don't mind if you don't want to.  I am married.  Hubby is a mathematician who likes dark Chocolate.  I also have 2 kids a 9yo son who loves minecraft, pez dispensers, pokemon and card games.  And a 6yo daughter who loves frozen, shopkins and stuffed animals. 

How do you celebrate the Holiday Season?  It varies lately because we're all over the place.  This is our first Christmas in Germany.  We'll probably get up open presents, go outside and play around the Christmas market display (the Christmas Markets are right outside our door this year), and have a hot roast lunch that will go through to dinner.  Hopefully we'll have some kind of tree, but I'm not sure.

Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your area? Yes, love to get things like that.  Not so much a fan of American mass produced candy and chocolate, but if you're American and you have a local candy store that has more small batch stuff definitely. I also love Cadbury Chocolate, Tim Tams from Australia and Maple Candy.

Would you enjoy receiving tea, coffee or hot chocolate in your box? What kind(s) do you like? I love tea coffee and hot chocolate.  Tea I tend to prefer simple unflavoured things (like English Breakfast, Russian Caravan, Pu'er and Oolong).  I am not a fan of herbal tea.  Coffee I am similar, just plain mild roast.  I don't have a coffee grinder, so ground please.  And hot chocolate I prefer good quality melt the chocolate kind over the instant kind you just need to add hot water too.   I do however love Cadbury Drinking Chocolate and Ghiridelli Drinking chocolate.

Would you like to receive cookies? If so, what types do you like? (You can list brands, flavors, whatever helps.)  Love cookies.  Don't know that I have preferred brands.

Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box? Those are adorable, I don't have any.  I am particularly drawn to the Marvel, Star Wars, and Rainbow Brite. 

Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box?  Don't love them, don't hate them. 

Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one?  Those are adorable too. Like Iron Man, Spider Man and Ariel the best.

Do you prefer the outside of your box decorated or plain?  I always like to get a decorated box, but I won't be disappointed if it isn't. 

Are there any ornaments that you are likely to already have?  I already have a glass Tardis, the hallmark Harry Potter that is holding a snitch, the Hallmark MLP Cotton Candy, G3 pony pinky pie balloon and Sweeie Belle, and G4 pony Twilight in a stocking and pinky pie wearing a scarf. 

Who are your favorite ponies?  G1 Twinkler, and UK activity club blank baby.  And AJ from any gen.  g3, Kimono

What countries do you like treats from?   I like getting things that are local and special to you, but as mentioned above, Cadbury chocolate is my fave and I love TimTams.

Is there a pet(s) you would like to have an ornament made of?  I don't have any pets at the moment.  So no.  :(

if you would like an ornament based off of one of your pets or family members could you post a picture and their name please? Please clear as possible pictures that are easier to see. Not applicable

How do you feel about Halloween candy?   Usually holiday candy falls into the too gross for me to want to eat. Mini sized mars candy (m&ms, snickers, milky way) is fine.

Is your tree a full sized tree or a mini tree?  I don't have a tree at all yet.  And I'm not sure what we'll end up doing given our short stay here.  I usually have at least a full sized tree. 

Regarding hand-made items: how would you feel about receiving a gift or two that was purchased on Etsy?  A couple of my favourite ornaments are from Etsy.  On top of the fact I like hand made things in general, some of the stuff on etsy is so good you wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't store bought. Some people are way talented.  Sheesh.  Anyway... go for it.  Love etsy. 

Would you like to link to any social media (facebook, tumblr, twitter) so we can get a better idea what you are like/pics of pets, etc (you of course do not have to do this if you feel uncomfortable doing so).
My facebook is set to super private, so unless you are already my friend it probably wouldn't be a lot of help.  I do tumbl about my travels for my family back home though.  The address is x-eevee.tumblr.com It's a lot to wade through though, and about just family stuff.. so while you'd get a good idea what I was like through it, it's probably a lot of work to do so.  :P

Whats your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box?  Errrr...Gremlins and Lethal Weapon. Haha... don't really do Christmas movies so much for some reason.  I like its a Wonderful Life I guess, and the Muppet's Christmas Carol and Scrooged.  I'm sure there are others, but I tend to find Christmas movies a chore to watch.  I love watching the Doctor Who Christmas specials though.  I was going to say not to bother getting me an ornament based on a movie, but you know what?  A Gremlins christmas ornament would be kind of cool actually.  Haha.   

i got something, but the more i look at the auction pictures the more i think... oh crud this might be a knock off. do you still want it? or should i try to return it?  100% fine with knock offs.  Especially if you originally thought it was official.

also how do you feel about figures etc turned into ornaments? also totally cool with that.

There are always lovely holiday themed mugs around this time of year. Would you like something like that? I am a little torn with this.  a) I do need some mugs now that I moved.  But generally I don't like seasonal mugs much.  Also, I know how expensive they can be to ship, and I kind of think the cost to you wouldn't = how much I like it.  If you REALLY want to send me a Christmas mug, then do so.  But I would probably get more joy out of something like christmas salt and pepper shakers or tea cups than I would a mug. 

Disney Princess shoe... I think.  Though don't take this as definitely buy me that.   There are lots of ornaments I would like at least just as much, if not more than a princess shoe.  I just know in my own ornament shopping I always think about buying them and then don't because of cost vs how much I like them.

Partner, are any of the Disney store ornaments of interest to you this year?  I haven't actually seen this years Disney Store Ornaments, but I'm sure I'd like a lot.  If there was a Rescuers, or Fox and the Hound that would be awesome.  Otherwise, Nightmare Before Christmas is always safe.

What scents do you like?  Anything to avoid?   I love sugary scents, like gingerbread, sugar cookie, vanilla and things that smell christmassy.  I also like fruit like blueberry and other berries and citrus.  I don't like floral scents.

and

Lush have an amazing range of Christmas shower and bath products.  Are you interested in this kind of thing?  Here's a link so you can have a look:  https://www.lush.co.uk/products/christmas   I LOVE the lush christmas range.  I want all of it.  Perfect gift for me.

What kind of ornaments/materials/themes do you dislike (i.e. what should your partner avoid)?  Nothing that meant an animal died (leather, bone, fur) and nothing overtly religious.   That's all. 

Let's say, I wanted to include something MLP-related as an extra ... could you list a handful of accessories or (inexpensive) ponies that you wouldn't mind receiving?  In my sig is a link to my wishlist, that also includes what pony collectors cards I want.  And then also at the top of that wish list is a wishlist for pony accessories.  I also really like getting pony stickers. 

Do you prefer ornaments with hooks or ribbons to attach them to trees?  I'm fine with either.

Dear secret partner, do you like traditional German glass ornaments like the ones pictured below?  They are all stunning.  I like the animal ones best, but I can't narrow those ones down.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 05:16:14 AM by xeevee »

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 05:32:33 AM »
green, red, purple, light blue, yellow... ah whatever :P I dont have a color preference on ornaments!

We celebrate christmas but we are not religious, so please nothing religious for me.

reindeers, snow flakes, carousel horses, cats, owls and anything santa

I dont have any relevant allergies but : I am diabetic, please dont send me any candy since Im not allowed to eat it. Id be happy with some stickers for example instead of candy :)

5. Would you prefer one expensive amazing ornament, or lots of little cheaper ones, something in between?
Something in between please :) Or one really amazing piece!

yes! (please make sure they are packed safely on their way :P)

My Little Pony (G1, G2, G3, G4), Pokemon (my faves are Pikachu, Xerneas, Eevee and its evolutions ... and anything cat-like lol), stickers (animals and unicorns mostly) and owl stuff.
I also love but dont collect the following things : The Walking Dead (!!!), unicorns, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Warrior Cats, Super Mario and Yoshi, horses, candles and drinking tea. And yes, I would loooooove these to be reflected :)

I have not heard of anything specific, but please make sure to label your package correctly! I had one swap package once with "unknown content" that I had to unpack completely at the customs office which was awkward since I had to explain every single item and declare its worth and so on :/ I dont want to sound mean of course, no offense :)

Additional Q&A :

MLP : G1 Fizzy, G1 Sugar Apple, G1 Sugar Sweet, G3 Minty, G4 Twilight Sparkle and Rarity

anything else : Pikachu, Doctor Who (11th Doctor), Piglet, Zero from Nightmare before Christmas, The Last Unicorn / Amalthea, Share Bear and Wish Bear (vintage Care Bears only), Pegasus from Disneys Hercules, Donald Duck

Favorite Animals?
Eagle Owls, Cats, Horses, Squirrels

Handmade Items?
Id prefer items bought from a store to be honest... *blushes*

Do you have Pets?
Yes! I have 5 cats (4 european shorthairs and 1 british shorthair mix).

Allergies?
As stated above, no relevant allergies :)

Extras?
No candy please! Im diabetic and Im not allowed to eat it so please dont tempt me ;) Ill be suuuuper happy with the following things : anything Pokemon or MLP, tiny plushies, stickers, pens, tiny accessories that fit to MLP size-wise, socks and anything funny

Will leave this up to my partner but its not expected of course!! In case you are looking for something : my daughter (will be 12 in november) loves any kind of erasers and pencils and my husband loves Pokemon (Lucario especially), chocolate with nougat and foreign stamps (hes a stamp collector) <3

Do you love any candy or treats from other countries? Are there any that are more widely available but that you have trouble finding in your
area?

As mentioned above : no candy for me please :)

No thanks, sorry.

Have you seen Hallmark Itty Bittys? Would you like one in your box?
Id love any one of them, they are sooo cute! Never seen them before!!

Have you seen Hallmark Cubeez? Would you like one in your box?
Same as the question above :)

Has anyone seen these Itty Bitty ornaments? Would you want one?
Sure, they are lovely <3

Who doesnt like a decorated box <3 Id love it for sure but there is no need to do of course.

I dont have anything really special... well a set of four realistic coloured owls and four silver birds. Thats it, lol. We only have plain round ornaments.

G1 Fizzy, G1 Sugar Apple, G1 Sugar Sweet, G3 Minty, G4 Twilight Sparkle and Rarity and many more lol... ;)

We have a full sized tree and are planning on getting a mini one for the other room too.

Do you have a link to share of a site where you have pictures of your collections, tree, pets, or anything else you want us to see (something like Instagram or Flickr)?
I sadly dont have much to share atm. You can see my MLP collection (or better to ay part of it) here : http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
For the other "collections".. I dont have much, just a few things and nothing online atm, sorry :/
My pets are here (at least the cats lol) :
Willi
Fluse
Mascha
Iroh
Kronos

if you would like an ornament based off of one of your pets or family members could you post a picture and their name please? Please clear as possible pictures that are easier to see.
No thanks :)

What is your favorite ornament that you possess?
My G3 Minty with christmas tree <3

Whats your favorite Christmas movie? Would you like it if this was incorporated into your swap box?
My favourite is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation <3 <3 <3 I would love anything featuring it but since its an old and not too well known film I suppose thats impossible :P
I also love Home Alone !!

Knockoffs?
Hm... if its really obvious and does not look good I wont be happy with it (ie: a green Pikachu with badly drawn face expression...and so on). If it looks good then Id say alright :) Trusting my partners judgement here!

Figures turned into ornaments?
Id prefer regular ornaments / figurines produces to be an ornament but It depends... if its a light figure it might work and will look nice... but nothing too heavy please or it will tear the branch down and that wont look good :P

Holiday Mugs?
Absolutely, yeeeees :D :D

Happy Birthday, Lala :)

Would you like an MLP holiday mug?
That would be absolute amazing :D :D best present ever, lol.

What scents do you like?  Anything to avoid?
Im almost smell blind, so scented things are not my world to be honest :P There are some scents though I can smell; for example the stuff they use for Yankee Candles works for me. I have no preference on a certain fragrance.

Lush have an amazing range of Christmas shower and bath products.  Are you interested in this kind of thing?  Here's a link so you can have a look:  https://www.lush.co.uk/products/christmas
Ive never tried anything from Lush but Id be interested :) Ill pass on bath melts though!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:34:44 AM by Einhornbaby »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 06:27:06 AM »
Best of luck!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 08:40:22 AM »
Yay love this swap, Ill send my form in tonight after work x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal