collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: eBay seller liquidating custom collection by other artists  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
Re: eBay seller liquidating custom collection by other artists
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 03:55:00 PM »
At any rate, I'm sorry Aadra310 that it hurt your feelings to see one of your ponies in there-  I don't think the seller meant to hurt your feelings *HUG*  It does appear like the seller values all of the customs highly and has taken very good care of them.  Better that they go to another person who loves and values them than end up at the thrift store or broken in a box at the bottom of a closet, right?

Oh, it didn't really hurt my feelings exactly.  Maybe for some of the more complicated customs I did later it would have.  I was just more shocked than anything and kind of upset for reasons I can't even truly pinpoint.  Irrational woman makes her appearance!  I've calmed down from the initial surprise of it all and I'm totally fine, now.  There are some other swap customs of mine out there that I would truly like to get back if given the opportunity and I guess that's what the crux of it is... I'd like the opportunity!

In any event, I'm not begrudging this seller and I won't stop doing swaps.  I just had a little rain cloud pass over my corner of Ponyland but it's back to sunshine and rainbows!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 04:19:08 PM »
Not related- but I do LOVE how you did that little felt hat, nice job there!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 09:39:49 PM »
I would so much rather see my art for sale than at a 2nd hand store or in someone's "look what I found in the dumptster!" If you think about your customs like paintings it seems pretty reasonable. Art gets sold/bought/traded constantly.

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 07:53:10 AM »
I did not get to read the Ebay auction listing, but I know that back in the day I had commissioned a stunning set of MGR custom ponies from Woosie including a Bubbles version. I had to sell them (for personal reasons), but I remember feeling incredibly guilty about it because they were made especially for me by someone whose art I really respect. I treasured them. It was horrible. I remember crying when I packed them up. People's situations change and while we like to think we are giving our ponies a forever home sometimes there is a more immediate, more important need and luxuries are the first thing on the chopping block. I am sorry it hurt your feelings though, I imagine I would feel the same given the situation.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 06:35:13 PM »
When I took a long break from the hobby I rehomed all of my customs. Most of them from swaps. I tried to contact the artist first, but honestly it was easier to just sell them in the end. I know theres ponies I've sent out in swaps that was sold. It doesn't really bother me.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 06:51:12 PM »
there's only one custom i'd actually get pretty upset if it was sold.
a swap i hosted a while back. the person i sent my custom to, well they disappeared and never sent their boxes. if they sold the customs i sent them. that would probably make me mad, since they never sent anything else to anyone.
i don't care that they keep them, but i don't think they should sell them. feels like cheating.

Offline Icey

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Retro Plastic on Etsy
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 07:02:14 PM »
Rosierjay - I love your avatar. So pretty!

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 07:09:03 PM »
*pouts* I've been searching and can't find these!  Can someone PM me a link please? I even tried 'moondancer custom' to find that alternate pose one, and no luck.

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 07:13:20 PM »
*pouts* I've been searching and can't find these!  Can someone PM me a link please? I even tried 'moondancer custom' to find that alternate pose one, and no luck.
done! and thank you icey! it's been too long since i've done any pony art. it's nice to hear. :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 11:53:24 AM »
there's only one custom i'd actually get pretty upset if it was sold.
a swap i hosted a while back. the person i sent my custom to, well they disappeared and never sent their boxes. if they sold the customs i sent them. that would probably make me mad, since they never sent anything else to anyone.
i don't care that they keep them, but i don't think they should sell them. feels like cheating.

I agree THOSE people should send their customs back.  That is never cool.

If someone wants to check them out- there are still plenty left.  I will link the seller (I think that is okay) so you can check which auctions she has- just search by pony.  Very cute stuff!  *link removed per site rules - kkat
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:29:16 PM by kaoskat »

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 07:29:09 PM »
I find this topic a grey area for me in general. I have given customs to people as gifts and I am sure they were put in a dumpster probably. :/ All I have is my pictures and some that I never got rid of.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal